Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum

Old October 17th, 2005, 05:33 PM

Thumbs up Sprint's new food, Go! Natural.

Go! Natural

After long deliberation and research of availability in my area, I finally decided on a new food for Sprint. I was looking at Eagle Pack, but it wasn't readily available in my area. I tried him with a sample of Wellness and a couple others as well. But for a dog that eats anything, he seemed picky with them.

I then saw this food in the store: Go! Natural Chicken, Fruit & Vegetables. It comes in a foil package with a zip lock closure for freshness and a best before date. Even on the 15 Kg bags. I feed him much less and already notice a major change in energy levels. It also has a buy 10 bags get one free deal.
Old October 17th, 2005, 06:26 PM
Senior Contributor

I just put my lab X on Go Natural Salmon and Oatmeal. Let's hope they both do well on this brand. She loves it, but she'll eat anything. For us it's an allergy issue, so I'm watching for the oatmeal. Good luck!
Old October 17th, 2005, 10:49 PM

when we had my previous boy (may he rest in peace) we switched him to the go natural food. it worked wonders for him. his stools were alot firmer and decreased in size and had so much more energy and his coat looked alot healthier from it. He was also quite the picky eater at times and he loved it.
Old October 17th, 2005, 11:03 PM

Looks very tasty. Is it kibble? Do you mind if I ask how much you pay for it?

The bee pollen is a good idea, maybe, depending on how much they put in it. People believe that eating local honey, which is from the pollens of all the plants in your area boosts your immune system and lessens allergies to them because of frequent exposure. **shrugs**
Old October 18th, 2005, 12:22 PM
Senior Contributor

I believe I paid $52.99 for a 30kg bag last week of the Salmon and oatmeal. I think that's what it was. It was not much more than what I pay for the Solid Gold Wolf King. It is a kibble and it's very dark in colour (well mine was) and looked well oiled. Halo also has good stool with it, and I do notice lately that her skin is less flaky looking. Now Prin what did you say about the honey?? I have a bee hive and we harvested our own honey this year, should I be feeding this to Halo on her food??? I give her sea meal, and a bit of yogurt as well as a spoon of pumpkin (because she's always had loose stool and she loves it - the pumpkin that is... ).
Old October 18th, 2005, 03:14 PM

Honey would probably be too much sugar- that's why they would use pollen instead. But you could eat more honey though. It would help you, maybe. I'm still eating my dad's honey from 1975 (he was a bee keeper back then). It's almost black and more than a tsp will probably kill somebody. Very strong honey.

You mean a 30lb bag right? 30kgs for $50 is a steal!
Old October 21st, 2005, 09:17 AM

Prin,

Yes it's kibble. I think they make biscuit's too. Where I live it was $63.99 for a 16Kg bag, before all the wonderful taxes. Just the little 5Kg bag that I bought to see if he had any reactions to it cost about $30 after taxes. But the owner of the store told me that if I buy 2 bags at a time, they might be able to give me it at their cost. But with feeding Sprint only 3 cups a day, it will last a long time. lol, and it only has about a 6 month shelf life.