Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge

Old August 29th, 2005, 01:12 PM
And Zoodle's Mom!

Unhappy Ontario's Dumped Pit Bulls

A Pit Bull Prayer

Spirit in the sky, who watches over all animals: It is my prayer and my request that you grant greater understanding, and acceptance to humans; those who love us, and those who hate us.

That they will know how loyal we are, how brave we are, and how loving we are. Help them to accept us as a breed in whole, and not let the few tragedies shine brighter then the many great traits that we have.

And those who would kill me, let them know, I forgive them even though I don't understand their hatred. And those who would beat me, let them know I still love them, even though it is not the honorable way.

Thank you for all the strong traits that you have given to me and my breed. Help those to know that I stand for courage, strength, loyalty, and bravery. And as my master already knows, let those who would come against my family know that I would surely die defending them.

And just one thing that I would ask: Let my master know, that if you should call me away, that I will wait patiently at those pearly gates until the one who chose me comes home.

Amen
Author Unknown

"You made me what I am today, courage at its best.
You wanted me to know no fear, a cut above the rest.
Not only did I master that, I've thrown in loyalty, too.
Look past my eyes into my soul, you know I'd die for you.
I'll watch your kids, I'll watch your house.
Your praise will be my crown,
Ask what you will-I'll do my best, I'll even be your clown.
But some of you don't like me, I really don't know why.
The only thing I'm guilty of is courage, love, and try.
But still they want to see me go, they want my breed to end.
Will I see you sitting idly by? You, whom I call a friend?
You made me what I am today, you never saw me waiver.
I've done my best to keep you safe. Won't you please return the favor."

Author Unknown
Old August 29th, 2005, 04:30 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh Coppers'mom I just feel sick today.

God Bless there comforting eyes. God bless their sweet souls. God bless them for their loyalty and bravery.

We know the ones who will die will not die in vain b/c their humans aren't going to take this sitting down!
Old August 29th, 2005, 04:37 PM
And Zoodle's Mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmypit
Oh Coppers'mom I just feel sick today.
Me too. :sad: What really gets to me is the people who actually didn't want to deal with the "hassles" and knowingly gave up their dogs. :sad: Those people don't deserve to own a dog........any dog!
Old August 29th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Senior Contributor

Coppersmom,that is so sad and so very true.. :sad:
The people who"dump"their loyal pits,probably did not deserve on to begin with,unfortunately it is the dog who will be punished
OMG,how did it come to this??A very sad day in Ontario..
Old August 29th, 2005, 04:50 PM

Angry

It was the worst feeling today when I came home to take Sprint out at lunch. He grabbed his ball and wanted to go play fetch with my neighbors dog. But since we don't have an "enclosed" area, we couldn't. I took him for a nice walk on the trail in the woods near by. But when we got back, he wanted to play but as a responsible law abiding dog owner, I couldn't let him. I felt soo sick to my stomach, I thought twice about going back to work for the afternoon.

I was also told last night from someone that works at the local SPCA, that any new intakes of "pits" will be PTS. I was soo angry. I am drafting an email, which I am still adding to the list of names that I will be sending it to. I think that this will have to go higher than the Provincial Gov't. And of course on the day this bull**it starts, Michael Bryant doesn't have the guts to say anything. You would think that after the big scene he made last year, he would want to gain some more publicity from it.

Sorry for going on so long.
Old August 29th, 2005, 06:26 PM

:sad: RIP to all the pitbulls who will be pts due to the ban. May you find love and happiness when you go to the rainbow bridge.

I hate Michael Bryant and the Lib's for doing this. They will hear me loud and clear election time, when I am campaigning for their opponents.
Old August 30th, 2005, 10:45 AM

It is really bad here, because the city is thinking of raising the costs for licensing, making you have signs, etc. The humane society is full and can't take any more dogs. Deal with it people. I have 3 of them, and if the city makes me pay more for my dogs....so be it. That is unless I decide to leave the city....How could anyone get rid of their dogs, knowing that they will probably be pts or be used as a science experiment. One of my dogs was diagnosed with Parvo when he was three months old and I put up the money to see if it would work. The only thing worse then a dog dying is knowing that there is a chance to save it, but you are too ignorant to try. If Brutus died from the Parvo, at least I could say that I tried my hardest.