Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Old July 18th, 2005, 02:29 PM
And Zoodle's Mom!

Zoe went to Doggy Daycare!

Zoe went to daycare on Friday and Saturday because my fiance was out of town and I had to work at the garden center. It was to long of a day to leave her home alone so I found a doggy daycare! Copper went to grandma's house.

Well she had a terrrific time!! She made friends with a black lab. They played and played and went swimming in the pool! When the owners of the lab came to pick him up, he didn't want to go!!!! He kept running back to the kennel that Zoe was in!! On Saturday, another Pit Bull pup came in, Rocky. He was only 5 months old and twice the size of Zoe!! He was little timid of Zoe because she is a rough and tumble kind of girl! lol

I was worried how she would be with strange dogs and had warned the owner she may be aggressive towards them. Well, I guess there were no problems there!!

I was such a proud Mommy!!

I feel sorry for the other pup though. The owner's didn't even bring any toys for him! :sad: Poor guy! I think I'll call to see how long he'll be there for and bring out some extra toys for him. The kennel owner gave him a large kong, but I think he needs more!
Sorry to bore you all, but I just had to share!!
Old July 18th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Senior Contributor

Thats awesome coppersmom!!!

I know how much of a feat that is. Me and the SO have wanted to go away for a weekend but are so hesitant on boarding as I don't know how he will behave for other people. Its always nice to see they are fine.

Give Zoe a treat for me..... Ok and ofcourse copper too!
Old July 18th, 2005, 03:15 PM
And Zoodle's Mom!

luvmypit, it really helps that I did some crate training with Zoe - I think! Even at the vet for her spay, she was well behaved in the kennel! I don't put her in the crate at home much, I more or less use it to block her off from the living room when she's home alone. I leave the door open and most of the time when I come home, she's in the crate - even though she has the run of the kitchen and bathroom!!

The people she stayed with were GREAT!!! Very enthusiastic, baby talk voices to get her all excited about being there! I was very impressed. They took her out for playtime and would have went for walks but it was way too hot - understandable. But their enthusiasm was what won me! Oh and it was $7.50 a day!!! I dropped her off at 7:00am and picked her up at 6:00pm!! She stayed the night Saturday night because I would be later getting there. Dropped her off Saturday morning again and picked her up Sunday morning at 10:00 and the bill was $19.00! They have great rates but then again, we don't live in a big city!

I'll admit, I was worried how she would be with other people too! But as soon as I met these people and Zoe met them, I knew she'd be fine! Copper's to much of a big sucky boy pansy bum to try the daycare thing out!! We might try half a day just to see how he does.

Last edited by Copper'sMom; July 18th, 2005 at 03:17 PM.
Old July 18th, 2005, 03:50 PM
Senior Contributor

Happy that Zoe had a good time. I take my Eskimo to socialization every Thursday. It is funny, once he enters the premises and goes behind the 3/4 gate all dogs are instant friends. Sort of like going to the vet's where no dog bothers others because they are worried about themelves - common fear of the rubber glove. My guy is about 21 lbs. and does play rough. Even the really huge dogs are ready to play when he arrives. But on the street it is different - the "I am safe" feeling isn't necessarily there. It was at first until a few dogs wanted to have him for lunch. He has learned that not all dogs will like him. The rates sure are great in Simcoe.