Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants > Pet Stories - anecdotes - jokes

Old July 8th, 2005, 08:01 PM
banned user

Don't Touch My Bone!

Hope this video works....turn up your volume.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/donttouchmybone.html
Old July 8th, 2005, 09:56 PM
banned user

OMG... that is TOO funny!!!!
Old July 9th, 2005, 02:57 AM
Senior Contributor

I saw that on Funniest Videos one night. I laughed and laughed!

Proud mommy to...
Meat Loaf (Brittany Spaniel) 13 months
CryBaby (5 years old)living with grandpa now
Chino (Doberman mix) 7 months old
2 new kittens (8 weeks old) Felix and Gizmo
Old July 9th, 2005, 08:30 AM
Senior Contributor

Very cute. Reminds me of my dog - only instead of not recognizing his own foot he thinks another dog lives in the mirror.
Old July 9th, 2005, 09:27 AM

Reminds me of my old viscious lab... On AFV they called it "Dog eat dog". It won the $100,000 grand prize.
Old July 9th, 2005, 10:51 AM
banned user

Oh, I didn't realize it was on AFV!! It won the 100,000.00? That is great
Old July 9th, 2005, 11:07 AM

I know- I was so happy a dog won, rather than some human. They're definitely not as funny as dogs.
Old July 10th, 2005, 07:54 PM
Personal servant to Joey

HOw horrible when your foot tries to take your bone. That dog looks exactly like my sisters dog!
Old July 10th, 2005, 08:02 PM
banned user

[QUOTE=researchbulls]HOw horrible when your foot tries to take your bone. /QUOTE]

LOL I watched it about 3 times, and thats what I thought too .
Old July 10th, 2005, 08:54 PM

LMAO!!! Funny video!!

Lucky it was a golden doing this!!, if it were a bully, peke , or rottweiler it would be considered "unsound" and PTS, right Kismutt
Old July 10th, 2005, 09:18 PM
Senior Contributor

The dog seems severely disturbed,I find it sad,and yes,people laugh without thinking and would kill a dog of another breed for the same.
Old July 10th, 2005, 09:24 PM
banned user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurby
LMAO!!! Funny video!!

Lucky it was a golden doing this!!, if it were a bully, peke , or rottweiler it would be considered "unsound" and PTS, right Kismutt

If it was aggressive to human's, yes your right, it would be PTS. Go ahead and argue with me now, because you are on ignore with 2 other's in 1 min. from now. GO!!!

Last edited by Kismutt; July 10th, 2005 at 09:29 PM. Reason: yet to yes
Old July 10th, 2005, 09:35 PM
Senior Contributor

Wow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismutt
If it was aggressive to human's, yes your right, it would be PTS. Go ahead and argue with me now, because you are on ignore with 2 other's in 1 min. from now. GO!!!
Old July 10th, 2005, 09:44 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:

I second that......
Old July 10th, 2005, 09:52 PM

I don't think it would be killed, just never given bones ever again.
Old July 10th, 2005, 10:03 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

ha ha ha ha

oh my good one!!
Attached Images

Old July 10th, 2005, 10:47 PM
banned user

Yeah... he'd never get a bone... unless it was for a video! Do you think he had a problem with his leg? I've never seen a dog hold it's leg that way just laying down if there wasn't something wrong with it.

Kudos again on the video Kismutt... it makes me laugh everytime!
Old July 11th, 2005, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Can i still respond even though the minute is up?

On second thought, and viewing this tape again, i have to agree with LL1 on this. This poor dog is clearly disturbed, and i find nothing funny about that aspect of this video. I would also suspect that if someone were to put their hand near this dog and his bone, they would get bitten. Nothing funny about that, i guess it depends on the breed with some folks.
Old July 11th, 2005, 09:35 AM
banned user

It all depends... to watch it makes you laugh because it's so crazy. Although if it was my dog I wouldn't allow that behavior and would be upset by that. He definitely has issues... he could be a previously abused dog or excessively spoiled dog, lol!! Some rescues don't test them or work with them well enough... I've seen agressive dogs placed in homes with children! It's hazardous!
Old July 11th, 2005, 09:42 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL1
The dog seems severely disturbed,I find it sad,and yes,people laugh without thinking and would kill a dog of another breed for the same.
I agree. :sad: I too saw the AFV when this video was on. I cringed. It's sad to see that people find vicious behaviour funny in these instances. Like the commerical where the boy has to wash a collie type dog that growls in his face the entire time. I hate that commerical.
Old July 11th, 2005, 10:05 AM
banned user

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammiec
I agree. :sad: I too saw the AFV when this video was on. I cringed. It's sad to see that people find vicious behaviour funny in these instances. Like the commerical where the boy has to wash a collie type dog that growls in his face the entire time. I hate that commerical.

Sometimes I must admit I can find the humor. My sister's Jack Russell Terrier growls over everything... but it's as if it's just his way of talking. He's not unhappy or aggressive. He just likes to growl... even when he's playing snuggling with you. Occasionally, he will talk (growl) is such cute ways... because he's infact just being friendly... but it's so crazy he growls to communicate his feelings that you have to laugh!!!
Old July 11th, 2005, 10:54 AM
Senior Contributor

Does he growl like that dog in the video to show his feelings?
Old July 11th, 2005, 10:58 AM
banned user

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammiec
Does he growl like that dog in the video to show his feelings?
Fortunately no- he doesn't have mental issues or a leg stealing his bone. However, there are times when you rough play that he will show his teeth... or even do it when you say the word growl (which wasn't purposely taught to him). We know he means no harm- but anyone who didn't know him would definitely be scared. Animal Behaviorists, trainers...nobody knows why he does this or any new way to try and stop it.
Old July 11th, 2005, 11:21 AM

I'm sorry but I disagree. My old lab was anti social and possessive and she probably would have reacted the same way if her foot raised up like that. She wasn't deranged. She was the runt of the litter and was almost killed by her mother as a result. We kept her away from dogs, and didn't bother her when she had stuff. She had a happy life and she was loved dearly. She never bit anybody. She never hurt anybody. And when she wasn't possessive, which was about 23 hours a day, she was cuddly, sweet and loving.

The people in the video are laughing at their dog. Can't we assume the best here-- the video shows one quirk the dog has. If the dog was only like that, do you think they'd be laughing?

And for the McDonald's commercial, I LOVE it. Been there.

Should Jemma be put down? The rest of this picture is actually my boyfriend hugging her. She growls when we hug her, when we touch her past 9PM, when we touch her paws, when we tell her she's crabby... Should she be put down? I guess none of you have had a growly dog. It's not all bad you know. It's like saying "If my dog pooped, it would be deranged and have to be put down."
Attached Images

Old July 11th, 2005, 11:26 AM
banned user

Her eyes are amazing! So blue! She reminds me of a black panther cat
Old July 11th, 2005, 11:27 AM
banned user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prin
I'm sorry but I disagree. My old lab was anti social and possessive and she probably would have reacted the same way if her foot raised up like that. She wasn't deranged. She was the runt of the litter and was almost killed by her mother as a result. We kept her away from dogs, and didn't bother her when she had stuff. She had a happy life and she was loved dearly. She never bit anybody. She never hurt anybody. And when she wasn't possessive, which was about 23 hours a day, she was cuddly, sweet and loving.

The people in the video are laughing at their dog. Can't we assume the best here-- the video shows one quirk the dog has. If the dog was only like that, do you think they'd be laughing?

And for the McDonald's commercial, I LOVE it. Been there.

Should Jemma be put down? The rest of this picture is actually my boyfriend hugging her. She growls when we hug her, when we touch her past 9PM, when we touch her paws, when we tell her she's crabby... Should she be put down? I guess none of you have had a growly dog. It's not all bad you know. It's like saying "If my dog pooped, it would be deranged and have to be put down."
Prin, you are right! My sisters dog behaves exactly how you are saying your dog behaved. We love him to death!! He is always growling and would probably be put down in a shelter... but we would never put him in one, so as long as we are happy with him there should be no problem.

You are right, it has gone too far yet again by saying the dog should or would be put down... who cares, laugh or don't. Right? I think some people on here were trying to instigate a fight with the OP over (which isn't hard to believe). Sorry if I'm wrong... it just looks like that to me from their wording.
Old July 11th, 2005, 11:31 AM
Senior Contributor

WOW, it sure seems as though people are taking everything to heart nowadays... can't say anything without someone assuming that it was directed to insult them. Must be the heat.

My post said "in these instances" -- doesn't mean that everyone's dogs that growls is dangerous. That being said, we don't know the background of this dog in the video and it very well could have an inbalance and have bitten someone before... if I was to hug your dog and she showed her teeth like that I would be a little worried because I don't know her...KWIM??

And it's a public forum.. we're all entitled to our opinions. Take it or leave it, that's your choice. I didn't bash anyone or single them out for their opinions....
Old July 11th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

Our dog used to act just like that, when we would say "smile" ! we thought it was really funny!! She never bit us, or acted that way unless we told her to.
She also did that when she had a bone, and my brother would say "I'm gonna get your bone!!". (we were kids at the time)

Now some here may feel that's cruel, or that our dog should have been PTS, but she actually loved doing it!! Believe it or not, she knew it was just for fun and a game.

I also love that Mcdonalds commercial, as our dog hated bath's and would act like that too!! (we all knew she was just bluffing )

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old July 11th, 2005, 11:42 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeleyes1437
You are right, it has gone too far yet again by saying the dog should or would be put down... who cares, laugh or don't.
Sorry can you please show me the section where someone suggested that the dog be put to sleep?? The only part that I read stated that should the dog have been another breed it would have been PTS??

I don't see anyone here trying to start an arguement with the OP. It's all a matter of opinions. There should be no one offended by another opinion.
Old July 11th, 2005, 11:45 AM

I don't find offence that you think the dog could be viscious. I find offence when you all jump in and say "He should be put down".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurby
This poor dog is clearly disturbed, and i find nothing funny about that aspect of this video. I would also suspect that if someone were to put their hand near this dog and his bone, they would get bitten.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LL1
That's what I'm confused about here- if you have a pitty, would YOU find it viscious? I doubt it. Breed stereotypes tend to get lost after having a dog for a few years, aren't they? You don't see a pitbull owner walking around telling people his dog is on the "list" for a reason. Usually it's outsiders. Unless you're a moron, you wouldn't come into this dog's home and take away his bone if you didn't know him, would you?

It's the generalizations that get me. You are all supposedly against the BSL, but you are talking in the same tongues as the ones responsible for that law.