Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old July 6th, 2005, 09:18 AM
Senior Contributor

Lost Dog/Montreal

Cashew -
>
Five-year old 45lb female Golden/Chow mix. Lost collar as she escaped under the fence at a doggie boarding and daycare facility. Area near Mountain Sights and Jean Talon. Very friendly. If found, call Gerdy's Rescue pager: 514 203-9180.

Picture coming soon.
Old July 6th, 2005, 11:37 AM

Cachew

Is this dog's name Cachew? She was found and I had her on my site as Maggie, however, just today I found a picture of her as a missing dog, and just now spoke to the owners, they are going to pick her up. Maggie is Cachew....

You can see her on http://petfinder.com/shelters/Qc23.html to verify we are talking about the same dog, she is listed as Maggie, a Sheltie mix...
Old July 6th, 2005, 01:31 PM
Senior Contributor

OMG! Yes, Cashew! All I know about her is what I posted from an email I received only this morning. I hope it's the same dog. Cashew has only been missing since Saturday....??

Good job!!
Old July 6th, 2005, 06:19 PM

Cashew

We have a match! It is the same dog, and I had someone very interested in her who wanted to come meet her this week-end!

I can't believe the SPCA didn't put two and two together. My description was: Collie/Golden mix, small about 40 lbs, approx. 3 yrs old, female. Found in Wal-Mart parking lot near Jean-Talon and Decarie on the 1st of July.

Are they stooooopid or what? So I'm off on the breed, the weight and the age, but heck it's a female, red dog, who was lost in the same area the same day.... Couldn't they put me in touch with the person who lost Cashew just to see if it could be the same dog?

Had it not been for me going on a sergev.com to see about an ad I posted for a lost dog in Sorel, I would have never known this dog was lost. The SPCA was eager to tell me she was probably dumped, which I had already assumed...

Things happen for a reason, and what makes it even better, is that this seems like a good and caring family. I've found dogs before where you just hate giving it back, know what I mean?

I'm so happy for this family and their dog. It's stories like this that make it worthwhile. All "lost" dogs are not always dumped....
Old July 6th, 2005, 06:31 PM
Senior Contributor

I"m so glad this dog was returned to her family!!

Quote:
Couldn't they put me in touch with the person who lost Cashew just to see if it could be the same dog?
That would be too much effort. Anyone who has lost a pet - do NOT bother calling the SPCA. You must go there every day to check for yourself and see if it's there.
Old July 6th, 2005, 09:06 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

It's a happy ending but carp that could have been a very different ending.
I'm glad someone was paying attention ahem take a bow!!
Old July 6th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Senior Contributor

Yay! Cool that this worked out!!

oh, and I can add to the SPCA stories!! Beware is right!! I found a cat on the highway, pulled over, got him in, drove to the SPCA,(I was near there when I found the cat) an asked them if they could hold him for a few hours while I finished work, and in the meantime could they check him out as I already had another cat at home.

They told me I could come back and adopt him the next day, if I wished.

They also didn't even notice that the cat had been adopted out by THEM a couple days before!!

grrrrr....

anyways,he came to work with me for a bit that day he's been with me ever since, so all's well.
Old July 26th, 2005, 02:42 PM

**** horror stories...

It could have been awful for Cashew. I had a dog brought there last week from St-Sauveur, as I had no foster homes and the people were going out of town. I had made arrangements that if he did not pass for adoption, I would pull him out.

Well, he arrived, was the sweetest thing ever. Had passed evaluation, was going to be put up for adoption and the day he went to get vaccinated, somehow, he got euthanized. Did not get the truth here, seems at first it was a "mistake", then turned out he latched out at the vet who was giving him the shots, so he was instantly euthanized. We're talking about a lab/shepherd mix here... So what they say and what happens are two different things. I also have a pitbull who arrived there on Sunday, was going to be put up for adoption, but it seems they can't get him on the scale, he won't let the techs or vet.... So he's risking euthanasia as well. Can anyone help with him before it's too late? His name is Rocky, you can see him on my site www.sophie.petfinder.com. I am waiting to hear from the ***** tonight, but I have no home for him now. He is great with kids, dogs and cats..... Not sure why he doesn't like the vet or techs???

if you can help or know someone who can before this guy's time runs out, please e-mail me directly at sophie@rimasec.net

Last edited by Tigger; July 26th, 2005 at 03:11 PM. Reason: removal of organization's name
Old July 26th, 2005, 05:54 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh boy. My dog is also sweet and loving, but was very frightened the first time I tried to put her on the scale at my vet's.

The movement under her feet was something entirely new and it spooked her, that's all. It's normal. A couple minutes reassurance and a cookie got her on.

IF strangers grab a dog and try and drag it onto something that scares it, there is bound to be resistance.

This is ridiculous.
Old July 28th, 2005, 04:39 PM

Rocky

It is ridiculous. THe worst thing is, they are telling me not to save this dog as the lady is crazy in their opinion. The whole family is crazy, and therefore the dog must have been affected!!! what a bunch of crap. So he got pulled out, he's safe for 2 days, but I need to find him a place by Saturday.>

Can you help in any way?