Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Foster talk - Rescue talk - NO listings please

Old June 14th, 2005, 11:10 AM
Senior Contributor

June 18th Adoption Event!

Lucky Rescue will be holding an adoption event this coming Sat at the IGA in Hudson in the shopping centre on Main Road.

Time: 10:00a.m - 4:00p.m Rain or shine!

Beautiful healthy cats and kittens for adoption, including Carrie, The TidBits(b/w 8 week old kittens) Sam (Siamese mix) and our own Badger's William.

You can see them all here:
Lucky Rescue
Old June 14th, 2005, 06:29 PM
Senior Contributor

Let me just blow a (small) trumpet for Willy (aka Willy Wonka), who has more character than most people I know and is becoming a Very Desirable Cat. He is a bit of a teenager, gets bored easily, lives to play and then passes out and sleeps the sleep of the dead.

Since he virtually raised himself from kittenhood, he is a bit behind in his social skills but after living with us for two months, he has really settled down, knows his name and has become quite attached to me. He will never be a total lap cat, but 'hip checks' are now a regular occurrence and when he looks up at me with his sweet little eyes, I can see that he has begun to trust the human species again, despite his past treatment.

He doesn't much like being brushed but is a meticulous groomer and always looks his best. Sleeps through the night. Eats anything you give him with gusto. His Petfinder story mentions that he was sick when I found him, but he is now completely healthy.

His relationships with my two cats are a bit problematic. He tends to play rough and they quickly retreat. However, with the right companion, and with time, this may not be an issue. He is not at all intimidated by dogs!

He looks forward to meeting you on Saturday!
Attached Images

Old June 14th, 2005, 07:21 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Gotta loveeeee that face

Good luck good luck and good luck
Old June 14th, 2005, 08:12 PM
Senior Contributor

I love him! I did a good "sales" job on your last one, so let's hope I can pull it off again!

This is kind of an emergency event, since not only we have a bunch of cats ourselves, but are trying to rehome cats from another rescue who were left in a very precarious situation.