Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Foster talk - Rescue talk - NO listings please

Old June 13th, 2005, 04:40 AM
Senior Contributor

rescue me walk a thon

sorry you didn't come raingirl, it was fun but you were right very hot!!

My girlfriend and I drove down took us an hour and a half we took water in the car for the dogs ....she sat in the back seat, with her carin terrier in the back window and her american bulldog on the seat with her I was in the front with buddy we doused all the dogs in water as we went....I didn't care I have an old car and well, what the heck, water dries.
The walk was cut in half due to hot weather and there was plenty of water to go around. There were some beautiful dogs... there was a georgeous great dane named Jackson I couldn't believe the size of him and I loved seeing the basset hounds in their dress up stuff looked like something from hee haw....lol

Thanks for all your help with pics and stories I had a great time at work raising money and think I did rather well. The employees all contributed to the cause ( with the exception of only 3 people) I raised $350.00.

The only disapointment I had was I forgot my camera.....but there was a lady there taking random pics will they be posted somewhere? I asked the lady and she said that the people that hired her never really let her know what it was she was supposed to be doing...so there-fore she was just taking random pics....I think she got one of Buddy and I but she also said I should contact Boxer rescue to see what the deal was.

All in all a fun day.....suggestiion for next year......a misting tent to cool off the pets and the owners

Last edited by Iggette; June 14th, 2005 at 09:20 AM.
Old June 20th, 2005, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggette
All in all a fun day.....suggestiion for next year......a misting tent to cool off the pets and the owners
I was thinking the same thing. It was such a HOT day. Still we had over 300 people show up. With a day not so hot I think we would have had at least double. Did anyone hear the broadcast on CFRB?

Check www.rescuemewalk.com for pics in the next few days. Iggette thanks for coming out.
Old June 21st, 2005, 08:33 AM
<-----nut ball

Yeah. Too bad for the heat wave hitting when it did. Oh well. maybe next year. I know none of my bulldog pals made it either.