Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum > Movies - T.V. - Videos

Old May 17th, 2005, 04:57 PM
Senior Contributor

STAR WARS tomorrow and reviews

yipee i cant bloody wiat,i have been humming the theme music for days. im totally obsessed, but i get this excited for all the releases, im jsut so darn tense and excited. someone called me a NERD the other day for liking star wars, oh now thats just awful, i replied 'whos the nerd' and poked out my tounge.

i am just desperate to know if princess armadala is luke and leahs mother, i reckon she is most definatly, we all know darth vader is their dad, so i reckon definatly- reasons why-

princess leah is a princess hint hint

in the early movie when they discover they are brother and sister they are told they were seperated by their mother for their own protection (obviously from their fatehr)

and of course anikan and his love for armadala, i think it is obvious.

what do you think??

and i think its pretty dam obvious why he went to the dark side, but i cnat wait to se it happen

is anyone going tomorrow, i cnat but will on friday.

and lets all agree not to share the plot line for at least a week, so all the die hards can see it first, we dont want to spoil it for anyone do we
Old May 17th, 2005, 09:12 PM
<-----nut ball

YOu didn't know Padme was their mother? I knew that...before episode one came out. George Lucas wrote books and stories about it, and I read a few.

Aparently she dies before giving birth to them, and Anakin thinks the child died too (he knew she was pregnant...they are married after all!) but the children were saved and only the remaining outlawed jedi knew about it. Anakin was the one that caused her death also (there is talk she was in disquise somehow (clone warrior??), and he killed her not knowing it was her...)

You do know that senator palpatine is the evil emperor right and lord of the sith? (I have met a lot of people who didn't make that connection)

You are so lucky being a day ahead of us. It's still the 17th here.

I want to see the first showing at midnight tomorrow, but I can't convince my BF to go with me as he has to work the next day. Oh well..
Old May 18th, 2005, 09:51 AM
Senior Contributor

TOO MUCH INFORMATION!!

Though I did glean that the senator is the evil emporer from the commercials I saw. I thought we saw the evil emperor with Darth Mal, so I'll have to watch the first one again this weekend.

I was avoiding all the merchandising, what with Jr on the way and bike season approaching (except for the Dark Side plain M&M's, which are tough to find) I am happy to say that someone at the baby shower was kind enough to give me my coveted Darth Tater, though!
Attached Images

Old May 18th, 2005, 11:19 AM
Senior Contributor

Justin is so ready to go and see this! That is all I have heard the last few days.

Proud mommy to...
Meat Loaf (Brittany Spaniel) 13 months
CryBaby (5 years old)living with grandpa now
Chino (Doberman mix) 7 months old
2 new kittens (8 weeks old) Felix and Gizmo
Old May 18th, 2005, 03:59 PM
<-----nut ball

WHERE DID THEY GET THE DARTH TATER???

I saw one once but I was so broke at the time I couldn't get it, now they are sold out!!

I want one!
Old May 18th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Senior Contributor

ah see i thank you so much, i knew from common sense that that was the connection with padme, but i have never had the books, jsut watched all originals religiously, yeah it makes perfect sense. oooohhhhhhhh so juicy is this (dont you love the yoda talk). i will stop at the town library today and see if i can getthe books. its pretty shocking even to me that i have not read them.....

yep i knew about the senator being the evil emporor, i was trying to explain that to my 10yo nephew last night poor kid jsut got a bit confused.

well today is thursday here, i am waiting till tomorrow morning to go, hubby said he didnt mind me goign today and then tomorrow but i will wait, i am pretty dam excited.

those m and ms are out here, and hate dark choc so i wont be trying them. nope i am happy with my childhood starwars memorabilia (sp?) my sheets and beanbags are enough

ohhh cant wiat guys
Old May 19th, 2005, 10:51 AM
Senior Contributor

Not sure when or where they got it, but it was a few weeks ago. You can get one here:

http://www.toysrus.ca/webapp/wcs/sto...tial&fs=1&ds=0

My Mom just brought all my old toys, including my old 12 inch Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader, my X-wing Fighter, and my old land speeder. I know I've got some other stuff around somewhere, just not sure where. I've thought about putting it on EBay, but I don't know if I could part with it.

Speaking of Yoda, when I was leaving for my test, and my wife wished me luck I told her that I was confident I would do well, as I kept thinking of the words someone wiser than me once said, "Do or do not. There is no try." She was impressed, and said, "Wow. That's good. Who said that?" "Yoda". She thinks there's something wrong with me.
Old May 19th, 2005, 10:59 AM
Senior Contributor

James is going to see that tonight. We would both go, but we have Judith, and the only person we trust watching her, is our friend Jennifer, and she is due for her baby any day now. Last thing we all need if for Jen to go into labor, and us be at the movies. So.... He is going to the movies (it's in a mall) and I am going to go on a miniature shopping spree ($75 tops). I need to get durable silverware, because ours we bought are so cheap, the handles are breaking off, and I want to get a small kiddie pool for Judith, before James leaves. I know she is too young yet, but she can almost sit up on her own, and by the time July comes along, she will be 7 months..... Plus I wouldn't mind having a little pool to sit in during the hot months..... Probably would keep in in the screened in porch though.....just for the shade........

Back to Star Wars. I have never really watched them EVER until I moved in with James. I have gone from a chick flick girl, to a kung-fu, or any type of fighting (movie wise) girl. The first time I watched Star Wars with James I was so tired, I didn't enjoy it, but after I watched the second one, I started to watch them more often. I was really hoping to be able to go with James tonight, but we have to think what is best for Judith, and going to a noisy theater is not it. But hey, I will be able to watch it some other time.
Old May 19th, 2005, 04:40 PM
<-----nut ball

I am leaving in 5 minutes to go watch it! I got my tickets online, so I don't have to wait at all! We are going to get seats as early as the theater is open, and then I will go get us some dinner (I love how theaters have REAL food now, like pizza and burgers, instead of just candy and popcorn).

Lilith, in our city we have "baby days" or something like that, where the parents can bring their babies to the theatre. They lower the sound a little, and leave the lights up a little, and since everyone there is with a baby, no one minds crying and such. If you theatre doesnt have it, maybe speak to the manager and suggest it. They have a different movie each week at the same time just for the parents with babies!
Old May 19th, 2005, 05:34 PM
Senior Contributor

I think they have an 8 week program for that, but the things they play, I watched when I was really little Like the care bears and such.......

And James is going to a late night movie tonight, but we are still going to go to the mall tomorrow, with our friend Jen.
Old May 20th, 2005, 11:05 AM

What did you guys think of the movie? My boss took our whole department to see it yesterday afternoon. I am not a hugh star wars fan, I haven't even seen the first to yet, I seen all the older ones though. I found that the movie finally put everything together for me. It was good and active filled that is for sure. My BF was mad cause I had to go without him and the kids were sad, they wanted to know why I didn't call them to go too. I didn't think they should have seen this one, since it is rated PG 13.
Mac - 1yr cat
Old June 6th, 2005, 07:07 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

So I'm going out on a limb here....but I just saw it this weekend and I did NOT like it at all.

or in Yodaspeak - Crap thought I it was.

Have others seen it yet? What did you think?
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old June 16th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Senior Contributor

Okay, finally saw it, loved it! Of course, I'm a huge Star Wars fan. I did find that every scene that had Anikin and Padme in it, the acting seemed a little bad. I was impressed that even though I pretty much knew everything that would happen, I still enjoyed it. And, it didn't leave the big gaps I thought it would (except for the one where in Episode 1 Anikin looks about 9 while Padme is about 18, and Episode 3 Anikin is about 25 while Padme is about 21)

Oh, and to commemorate the movie, I've even got my Yoda ring tone ("Mmmm...an incoming call you have! Answer it quickly you should!" The only people I get to laugh at now are the Trekkies! )
Old June 16th, 2005, 12:29 PM
<-----nut ball

I loved it too....except for the "it appears she has lost the will to live" thing...couldn't they find a better reason for padme to die?