Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old April 29th, 2005, 10:07 AM

Guess I need to get a toybox with a lid

I can't keep Sophie out of the baby's toys. I keep them in a laundry basket in the living room where the baby can get to them but no matter how many times I pick them up Sophie just gets them back out. She has her own toy basket but she likes his better.
Old April 29th, 2005, 10:31 AM

I have the same problem Blaze thinks that when Bailey (my step daughter) gets new toys so does he! I have found her play tea cup set in all different parts of the house...finally we got one of those big tub-a-ware(sp) thinges with a lid and now he cant get into them...it was pretty cheap i think we got it at walmart...you should invest in one!
Old April 29th, 2005, 11:15 AM
Senior Contributor

the BIG rubber mate storage bins are great for toyboxes.

they are rectangular and stand maybe a foot high, i ahve 3 of em one in each of the childrens bedrooms and one in the livingroom, with the lid on my pup cant get into them, and the kids can easily get into them and they are cheaper then any other toybox you will find, and will hold more toys!

good luck!!

Eleni
"I used to look at [my dog] Smokey and think, 'If you were a little smarter you could tell me what you were thinking,' and he'd look at me like he was saying, 'If you were a little smarter, I wouldn't have to.'" - Fred Jungclaus
Old April 29th, 2005, 12:31 PM

Thanks. I have some of those that we keep out of season clothes in. I guess I need to get one more.
Old April 29th, 2005, 01:38 PM
banned user

Could the dog be getting a bit confused? you said she has a toy basket of her own, but keeps going for the babies? maybe she is confused that both baskets are not hers?
just change it out, rubbermaid containers work well.
Old April 30th, 2005, 09:11 PM

Saphyre, I think you're right, she just doesn't know that some toys are hers and some are not. Well, I'll take that back. She does know which ones are hers because she gets all bent out of shape if the kids I was babysitting bothers her stuff but she doesn't care what else they bother. I think she just wants to chew on EVERYTHING. Stuffed animals are her favorite. She has 3 of her own and a bunch of other toys. I keep hers in a wicker basket by the dining room table and ds' in a plastic laundry basket behind the living room chair. She drags hers out and plays with them under the table and keeps them there trying to keep anybody else from getting them. Then she'll take the baby's and try to run under there with them.