Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants > Pet Stories - anecdotes - jokes

Old April 22nd, 2005, 07:42 AM

Your pets favorite toy?

Hi everyone,

Just curious if your pet has a favorite toy.

My great dane Moto (1 1/2 yr old) loves rubber chickens. He loves any kind of squeaky toy. But rubber chickens are the best. He plays and plays with them until the squeak is gone and then they are his tug toys. I have chicken body parts every where.

Outside he loves the plastic drain pipes and sticks. He chews on sticks and spits them out.

Have a great day
Old April 22nd, 2005, 07:56 AM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

My cats LOVE anything with catnip, or just straight catnip !!
Makes them a little crazy for a while, but they love it !!
I have to keep it in the fridge, because if I keep it anywhere else, they go nuts trying to get at it, and have broken a cupboard door getting at a bag of it !

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old April 22nd, 2005, 08:36 AM
Senior Contributor

Sam has a plastic lid to the liquid laundry detergent bins, wahed very well of course. that hes been dragging around since he was the tinyest of pup.

hes also got one of my old slippers he keeps almost like a security blanket he sleeps wit his nose nuzzled inside it. He will not sleep without it at all ad since sleeping on our bed is out the slipper is his best friend.

Sugar my oldest cat is a sock theif she spends all day gathering up all the socks in the house and hiding them.

the next morning i get to play hide and seek when getting the crew dressed LOL

Angel Plays with the kids mostly, she doesnt ahve a specific toy as much as she has a specific kid, she will play with my 4 year old till she drops from exhaustion if my 4 yr old would allow it.

and Perle plays with the drapes, shes always tugging anf pulling at the ties to them

the birds favourite toy is a bell, I say ring yor bell and she squeeks and rings it, very cute

Eleni
"I used to look at [my dog] Smokey and think, 'If you were a little smarter you could tell me what you were thinking,' and he'd look at me like he was saying, 'If you were a little smarter, I wouldn't have to.'" - Fred Jungclaus
Old April 22nd, 2005, 08:50 AM

My beagle loves the rope tugs. She will plop them on your lap or your hand and try to entice you to a game of tug of war. She used to drag our other dog around playing tug of war when they were younger since he was only half her weight!

She loves removing the stuffing out of stuffed toys. Not something we particularly enjoy!
Old April 22nd, 2005, 01:20 PM
banned user

Mya loved cat nip found with the whole bag over the floor once stoned off her face LOL. Her favourite toy is a home made rope mouse on a stick, which we play together hes called Jacque the mouse from Quebec, (dont ask and yes I do do the french accent!) and I pull it around the floor and shes runs after it, she also hides under the couch and then pounces (sighs I miss her a lot, and I hope her New Mommy does the same thing with her) Cali on the other hand isnt really a huge toy fan, although she seems to love hide and go seek? I say "im comming to get you" and she runs and hides then i go to get her and she jumps out after me. But were still learning about Cali, mostly she just likes to cuddle.
Old April 22nd, 2005, 02:03 PM

My doggies love those new rubber squeaky toys. The ones with the feet (though the feet get chewed off within 5 minutes). THey LOVE them. And this snowman stuffed toy I got from Iams at the dog show. I didn't let them have it for about a year because I didn't want them to kill it but I decided to sacrifice it, and it's been two years and they still haven't killed it.

Oooh Kong foolballs made of tennis ball material. And Air Dogs. They LOOOVE air dogs.
Old April 22nd, 2005, 02:29 PM
banned user

My dogs' favorite toy is my son!
Attached Images

Old April 22nd, 2005, 02:51 PM

Talking

Molly my cairn loves either her frog who makes frog noises or an alligator who used to squeak,Nell my Collie has a santa who no longer has a beard and Tess and Gyps it's pretty much cookies and me.Everyone likes tennis balls and rope toys.
Old April 22nd, 2005, 04:07 PM

WOW Cactus Flower. I know Danes are big, but I still get overwhelmed to see how big!!!
Old April 22nd, 2005, 07:28 PM
banned user

LOL Prin. Yeah, big BABY is what she is!
Old April 23rd, 2005, 03:01 PM

Kuma my GSD loves stuffed animals that squeek, when he's upset, you hear the toy squeeking very fast. I find it entertaining to see a huge dog sleeping with it between his front paws. He has one particular one that has rope and he will shake it and let it go, wherever it lands, usually on the coffee table, or against a window, wall etc, I have sewn it so many times, it looks pathetic.

He also has a squeeky ball, just say the word, and he will go flying through the house looking for it. Gawd forbid if it's in a room where he can't get to it. I've been in the shower and all of a sudden, this ball comes flying in the shower stall. You think he's given me a hint?
Old April 24th, 2005, 03:10 AM
Senior Contributor

To chew - size 11 black leather shoes. The more expensive the better. A rare treat now that we know.

To chase - orange street hockey balls (tennis balls don't last more than 15 minutes).

To get absolutely nuts with - his little brother - usually by walking up to him and pushing him with the toy until he gets chased.
Old April 24th, 2005, 05:32 PM

Easy: HUMAN FEET. The best are when they are moving really fast because the human attached to them is late for school or work!