Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Foster talk - Rescue talk - NO listings please

Old March 13th, 2005, 11:41 AM
Senior member - formerly goldengirl

Guinea Pig Fosters Needed

I have received an email that Jody's Jiggly Piggly Rescue has to refoster 10 guinea pigs asap. The current foster mom has been diagnosed with cancer and cannot foster for the foreseeable future.

Anyone in Montreal able to help out?????
Old March 19th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Piggy Pleasantry

It's too bad that Montreal is so far from me Otherwise, I'd help out in a heartbeat.
Old April 18th, 2005, 12:30 PM

Adoption

Jiggly Piggly Rescue was recomended today to me, by my vet, as a wonderful place to possibly find a male guinea pig. As I was searching the net for the site, I came across your posting. I don't want to foster any pigs, sorry. I get to attached and would have a hard time giving them up. But, I am looking for a male, preferably adult, to adopt. I have lost 2 pigs in the last 3 months, one to cancer (we think), and another to kidney failure I have one male left, he will be 3 years old in May. I am very knowlegable about Guinea Pigs and could provide a very loving home.
If any of these pigs are up for adoption I would be very very interested.
You can email me directly or post here. I will be checking this message thread often.
Thank you so very much.
Old April 18th, 2005, 03:28 PM

Talking

We have two pigs from Jiggly Piggly,they are great.Why don't you adopt from them if you are looking for a male?The only thing is a lot of times two adult males will fight,unless they are brought up together.
Old April 18th, 2005, 06:36 PM

Red face

I can only take one male right now. I don't want to risk trying to put 3 adults together and not having it work out. I don't have room for two permant cages in my home, which is what would have to happen if they didn't all get along. Porky, my one remaining 3 yr old pig, is VERY dominate. He reminds me of a frat boy. Lots of attitude Any pig I would have would need to be submissive, or young. One of the boys I lost was incredably submissive (Mo), but the two of them were brought up together so I'm sure that would have affected his personality. In June of '03 I got another male, an adult (Zeke). I put him in with the two boys. There were the occasional spats between Zeke and Pokry, but Porky always showed he was in charge, and Zeke basically said fine, have it your way Things were fine. But it would be very bad for me to get another dominate male. I would actually prefer an older pig, at least 1 year old. 2 or even 3 years old would be even better. Someone that really needs a home, and that might be passed over because of age. And looks arn't important, I think almost all pigs are perfect But again, it all boils down to personality and compatibility. Do you know the boys personality well?
Old April 18th, 2005, 07:45 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

hmmmm

I offered to take two but never heard back from them so thought it had been sorted out. If they still need help, let me know.
Old April 19th, 2005, 08:15 AM

Kimberly, the Ottawa Humane Society has a lot of Guinea pigs looking for homes. Here's the address:
http://www.ottawahumane.ca/petharbor.html
Click on "others for adoption"

Lyne
Old April 19th, 2005, 12:24 PM

They were the first place I checked Unfortunatly their adoption hrs are only when I am working, and I don't think I can get the time off to go there. But, they have a beautiful male, approx. 3 yrs of age, named Butterscotch. In case anyone else is interested
Old April 19th, 2005, 12:32 PM

I just spoke with the Ottawa Shelter, and got info in case anyone else is interested. Butterscotch is 15$, and has to go alone. He is not able to be with other pigs.
Old April 19th, 2005, 09:35 PM
Piggy Pleasantry

Kimberly6751 - I just sent you a PM about a little male guinea pig we have available for adoption.