Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Foster talk - Rescue talk - NO listings please

Closed Thread

Old March 12th, 2005, 02:09 PM

Question URGENT HELP needed in London, Ontario and area

If anyone knows of a pitbull rescue group or foundation in London and area, could you please email me and let me know. I've scoured the net and any sites I could find are no longer available, so I'm assuming they have surpassed their capacity.
So many of the public are misinformed and giving up their pitties at an incredible rate, so please this information is vital.
Old March 12th, 2005, 06:11 PM

Have you tried this group

www.dog-rescue-and-adoption.com

A good site for searching for rescues is:
http://www.adoptananimal.ca
Old March 14th, 2005, 05:09 PM

You're a sweetie! Thanks so much. I'm checking them out now.
Old March 14th, 2005, 05:30 PM
Senior member - formerly Lezzerpezzer

pit bull rescue

Hi Conners. I live in London too. Can you please update me on the pit bull situation in London currently, as in, are the shelters full to capacity now because of the impending ban? I belong to the London Dog Owners' Association and would like to keep on top of this. I have not called the shelters and there are no reports in the London Free Press about the state of the shelters and how many people are now abandoning their dogs. After all, why would the press give you accurate info anyway . I would be interested to know the status of this and you seem to have an idea, although it does not seem to sound too promising.

Have you tried to contact the following local groups: Animal Love Foundation, Animalert, HS, Pet Friends for Life, Citizens for Companion Animals, Animal Outreach, A.R.F.? These are the local organizations that may be able to help you. I have the contact info at my fingertips if you need it.
Old March 14th, 2005, 07:48 PM
Owned by goldens

Pitbulls

Wow are you saying people are giving up their dogs because of the impending ban? That is hard to believe and so sad.
Old March 14th, 2005, 08:19 PM
Senior Contributor

Yes copper,this is exactly what's happeneing.And for the life of me I can't figure out why.These dogs do NOT have to be put down.All that is needed is to be leashed,muzzled,chipped,registered and spayed/neutered.
Old March 15th, 2005, 05:13 PM
banned user

Cooper - There was a women in my city who brought her 14 mnth old Pit Bull cross to a vet to have her put down, in fear of the new law.
The vet tried to talk her out of it, but had to do as she wished, and the animal was euthanized
Old March 15th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Owned by goldens

Pitbulls

You have to wonder if some poeple will use this as an excuse to get rid of dog they no longer want.
Old April 6th, 2005, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lezzerpezzer
Hi Conners. I live in London too. Can you please update me on the pit bull situation in London currently, as in, are the shelters full to capacity now because of the impending ban? I belong to the London Dog Owners' Association and would like to keep on top of this. I have not called the shelters and there are no reports in the London Free Press about the state of the shelters and how many people are now abandoning their dogs. After all, why would the press give you accurate info anyway . I would be interested to know the status of this and you seem to have an idea, although it does not seem to sound too promising.

Have you tried to contact the following local groups: Animal Love Foundation, Animalert, HS, Pet Friends for Life, Citizens for Companion Animals, Animal Outreach, A.R.F.? These are the local organizations that may be able to help you. I have the contact info at my fingertips if you need it.
I haven't been on here for a long time because my ammune system broke down and I got really . No energy, but feeling better.
Lezzepezzer, the reason I posted was that someone from the Humane Society emailed me asking if I knew of any. Once I got that inforation from mrmilo, i quickly checked out the sites and emailed her back with them.
It must have helped as she didn't reply back, which I told her to if she needed more info.
To think, all my searching and you guys were right at my finger tips when I needed the info. Thank you!!!
Old April 6th, 2005, 03:16 PM
4ever luv 4 life!!!

Lightbulb conners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conners
If anyone knows of a pitbull rescue group or foundation in London and area, could you please email me and let me know. I've scoured the net and any sites I could find are no longer available, so I'm assuming they have surpassed their capacity.
So many of the public are misinformed and giving up their pitties at an incredible rate, so please this information is vital.
TAKE A LOOK AT intoko.ca, there's a woman there who is selling her 2 yr old female pit for $50. i would love to have that dog but its far from my area.
Old April 6th, 2005, 03:19 PM
4ever luv 4 life!!!

Lightbulb CONNERS check this out

go to intoko.ca and go to pets...there's a woman there who is selling her 2 yr old pitty for $50! if she was near me i would get that doggy.... :sad:
Old November 14th, 2009, 09:54 AM

Exclamation Connors - please help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conners View Post
You're a sweetie! Thanks so much. I'm checking them out now.
Hi Connors:

Can you PLEASE Fwd me a contact list for the agencies who will help with rescuing a 3 year old neutered male Staffy, close to Hamilton, Ontario?

In desperation, I ask for your help.

Many thanks,

blueisapitbull
Old November 14th, 2009, 10:22 AM
-

blueisapitbull , this thread is from 2005 , this member no longer posts here.

If you're looking for rescues in your area , go to www.petfinder.com , you will see the ones near you.
Old November 14th, 2009, 06:22 PM
-

You might have success with this rescue

http://www.ador-a-bull.com/
Old January 18th, 2010, 07:09 PM

Looking for a pittbull/mix

when I was in Windsor,ontario, I know there was a pittbull ban, my guy was 9 or 10 when that came into effect, we have moved wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy up north and since then my pittbull /mix has passed. so my other dog is missing his brother. Im interested in possibly helping somebody to find their pet a loving home. hubby and I are both retired
Old January 19th, 2010, 08:58 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxi_mum123 View Post
when I was in Windsor,ontario, I know there was a pittbull ban, my guy was 9 or 10 when that came into effect, we have moved wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy up north and since then my pittbull /mix has passed. so my other dog is missing his brother. Im interested in possibly helping somebody to find their pet a loving home. hubby and I are both retired
I'm sure that you are aware that a Pitbull ban came into effect in ALL of Ontario in August of 2005 - any Pitbull/or the like born after October 2005 is ILLEGAL in ALL of Ontario. If you want to adopt a Pittie/or the like the links provided above may be able to help you.
Old January 19th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Senior Contributor

As long as the pittie is grandfathered in Ontario, you can still adopt a pittie. Go to the petfinder and you will see many rescue groups that are still looking to re-home a pitte or the likes that is legal in Ontario. There are currently some shelters as well that have pitties so you can check there as well.

Do not adopt a pittie or X outside of Ontario. Ensure you get all documentation on a pittie that you get from the shelter or from the rescue from Ontario to secure the dog's future.

Good luck and you will find another companion as there are so many looking for second chances that are still legal.
Old January 20th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Administrator - Pet lover

Good answer BM
Given that this thread is 4 1/2 years old, good time to close I guess.

Thx - Marko
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Closed Thread