Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old March 7th, 2005, 07:11 PM
banned user

Stud on Ebay??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...362509649&rd=1
I got to this link from an ad... great deals 'pitt bull' stuff at the top of this page. Only a handful of things came up on Ebay for that search cause it's not spelled right but this ad for a stud dog came up... he's selling a one time date with his dog?? He's being very careful though cause he only wants people friendly bitches to breed to. How nice.
That sounds great coming from a person who calls himself 'Ieatmucus' on Ebay.
What is wrong with these people???????
Old March 7th, 2005, 07:19 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

he says he is from "varmint dog kennels"
probably a BYB, ,or puppymill. The dog is in a rubbermaid tote for God sakes !

Everyone should email him repeatedly keep him tied up for a long long time

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old March 7th, 2005, 07:22 PM
banned user

It says he doesn't even read emails unless it's the person who bought it, whatever it is.
Old March 7th, 2005, 08:14 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycats
he says he is from "varmint dog kennels"
probably a BYB, ,or puppymill. The dog is in a rubbermaid tote for God sakes !

Everyone should email him repeatedly keep him tied up for a long long time
AADR REGISTERED AMERICAN PIT BULL TERRIER AT STUD: GR CH SPIKE, LITTLE GATOR, ELI, SNOOTY, BUTCHER BOY, CH JEEP ROM

That's quite the line......of fighting dogs. Those lines show up in all the dog fighting threads so yes BYB. The reason pits get a bad name.

Did anybody notice this line: inbred double grandson
Old March 7th, 2005, 08:48 PM

I noticed the inbred part and the picture of the dog in a rubbermaid tote lol how is this a stud? It would not fit in a rubbermaid tote? Am I looking at this wrong???
Old March 7th, 2005, 08:57 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

I don't know mommyof2bullies Maybe he is offering himself up as the stud service

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old March 7th, 2005, 09:15 PM

I looked up the site guidelines and the selling of animals or animal parts is prohibited, so I reported it. The more reports they get, the quicker they'll probably shut the auction down.
Old March 7th, 2005, 09:16 PM
banned user

I did not notice the inbred grandson part!
I looked at his other auctions and he sells bumper stickers against dog fighting. Hmmmm...
Old March 7th, 2005, 09:17 PM
banned user

Good! I'll do the same.
Not that anyone bid on it anyway, thank god.
Old March 7th, 2005, 09:28 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky2006
I did not notice the inbred grandson part!
I looked at his other auctions and he sells bumper stickers against dog fighting. Hmmmm...

I see a lot of MADD (Mother against drunk driving) stickers and ribbons in the parking lot of bars.

I wouldn't breed any dog with a dog that has been inbred - theres only one reason for that. The last time I saw an inbred dog discussed it was one of David Tant's dogs. David Tant - the man who got thirty years recently for dog fighting (I love that South Carolina Atttorney General).
Old March 7th, 2005, 10:01 PM

Obviously a byb, one poor dog is listed on their 3-4 times for being the mother... poor girl. This is worse than the lady who sold her "Jesus grilled cheese sandwich"!
Old March 7th, 2005, 10:14 PM

Is that pedigree real? Am I reading it right? Every dog and bitch bred together 4 generations back have been brother and sister. That sure takes line breeding to extremes...
Old March 7th, 2005, 10:34 PM
Senior Contributor

You used the term line breeding. Line breeding from what I have read is designed to set a trait. Is this correct?

How common is this outside of raising champion fighting dogs because honestly this 'inbred' term is found all though dog fighting sites. What traits are they trying to set as based on some of those lines I don't think it would take a genius to figure it out? Are they the same terms?

Why would somebody advertise on Ebay? This is nuts right?

Last edited by twodogsandacat; March 7th, 2005 at 10:48 PM.
Old March 7th, 2005, 10:46 PM
banned user

I reported it too, the listing is almost over and I don't think anyone will bid, but I want it to be pulled, so he KNOWS it.

I can't get over how small that dog is.... or maybe it just looks that way.
Old March 8th, 2005, 01:31 AM

I have heard of inbreeding to secure a trait, but you also have to be very careful not to work in something horrible. In this case "wow" i doubt that was the case. Looks more like a money making thing to me. If your dogs are so great you wouldnt have to advertise, people would know of you by reputation not an ebay auction. Nothing more then a byb that clearly is not the brightest light on the tree.
Old March 8th, 2005, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twodogsandacat
I see a lot of MADD (Mother against drunk driving) stickers and ribbons in the parking lot of bars.
I don't drink and support MADD. I go to the bar with my friends to be the DD. I also have a MADD ribbon.

Please don't equate the two.

According to the Humane Society of the United States:
There are an estimated 3-4 million dogs and cats euthanized each year in the US alone! PLEASE - spay and/or neuter your pets!
Old March 8th, 2005, 11:30 AM
Senior Contributor

Having worked in bars while in college and knowing the habits of some regular customers who also had MADD stickers or red ribbons on their cars I was trying to make a point. It's the only real example I could think of. A bumper sticker doesn't always tell you about somebody. Sometimes it only tells the story they wish to try and tell. I even discussed it once with my brother and he indicated he has pulled over quite a few cars with MADD stickers.

All I meant was that somebody who is advertising inbred dogs of a lineage that has champion fighters in there seems to be sending a different message than somebody who would have an anti-dog fighting bumper sticker for sale at the same location.

I’m sure MADD is aware that some exploit the use of their stickers.

No offence is intended to MADD or the work that they do. They have a very important and relevant message.

Last edited by twodogsandacat; March 8th, 2005 at 11:53 AM.
Old March 8th, 2005, 11:50 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatecoffee
I looked up the site guidelines and the selling of animals or animal parts is prohibited, so I reported it. The more reports they get, the quicker they'll probably shut the auction down.
I did too!!! What a maroon this clown is.
Old March 8th, 2005, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twodogsandacat
Having worked in bars while in college and knowing the habits of some regular customers who also had MADD stickers or red ribbons on their cars I was trying to make a point. It's the only real example I could think of. A bumper sticker doesn't always tell you about somebody. Sometimes it only tells the story they wish to try and tell. I even discussed it once with my brother and he indicated he has pulled over quite a few cars with MADD stickers.

All I meant was that somebody who is advertising inbred dogs of a lineage that has champion fighters in there seems to be sending a different message than somebody who would have an anti-dog fighting bumper sticker for sale at the same location.

I’m sure MADD is aware that some exploit the use of their stickers.

No offence is intended to MADD or the work that they do. They have a very important and relevant message.
Ok. As long as you don't think all people who support MADD are like this dingbat on eBay. I too worked in bars for a number of years, and I know exactly what you're talking about. It's all good.

Now, this freak on eBay - this really burns my buns.

I also logged into eBay and reported it. Too bad we can't make comments about the item. I have a few choice words I'd like to say to them about that seller.

Keep sending in those reports Boys & Girls! Together we CAN get this freak off the site!

There are an estimated 3-4 million dogs and cats euthanized each year in the US alone! PLEASE - spay and/or neuter your pets!
Old March 8th, 2005, 12:46 PM

The following is posted on the e bay site now... The site is still up but expires in 1 day anyway... but I guess the guy who started it decided to write this...

Don't waste your time emailing me about this ad unless you've bought the item, because all emails about it are deleted unread and no "questions" will be read or replied to since I got a "question" that was a one-line false "comment" from some uninformed person.

AADR REGISTERED AMERICAN PIT BULL TERRIER AT STUD: GR CH SPIKE, LITTLE GATOR, ELI, SNOOTY, BUTCHER BOY, CH JEEP ROM

You've seen the rest--breed to the BEST!
Alexander Zivojinovich
inbred double grandson of VBK's Champion Blacky
at stud $89 and up

Alexander Zivojinovich's pedigree
NO dogs bred or sold for fighting, attack dog training or other cruel or illegal activities! No exceptions!
4 GENERATION PEDIGREE
Alexander Zivojinovich

Last edited by TWilson9498; March 8th, 2005 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Too much info!
Old March 8th, 2005, 12:53 PM

TWilson, please edit your post to get rid of contact information for the idiot in question.

Thanks.

Old March 9th, 2005, 02:10 PM
Senior Contributor

I guess reporting it didn't help, it's still up and running. Zero bids, but still up and running. Grrrr.
Old March 9th, 2005, 02:33 PM

Clearly, sending them "feedback" on the site is in order.

My message to eBay:

"Item # 4362509649 has been reported multiple times, yet the listing is still active. My suggestion is that the Administrators at eBay, responsible for the monitoring of reports and complaints, should pull such an item, when the complaint comes in. Clearly this seller is selling a fighting dog, when the selling of live animals is clearly defined. Are the rules so lax that this can be allowed when it's been clearly a violation of eBay's own rules? It's time for the rules to be adhered to ALL the time."

Old March 9th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Senior Contributor

poor puppies, wow there are so many loosers in this world, and boy that gene pool could use a little chlorination
Old March 9th, 2005, 04:26 PM

The sad part is if you look at responses from people who have purchased other products from him, they brag about how good he is.. They give him such positive feed back on selling things like stickers and t-shirts against pit fighting... how ironic
Old March 9th, 2005, 05:11 PM
Senior Contributor

He may be selling all the anti-fighting stuff in order to appear that he is against fighting. The people who run EBay probably have no idea the things in this auction that should send up warning flags that he is fighting pitbulls. It just may be that EBay does not have a policy against breeders, and have no way of knowing he is actually breeding fighting dogs.
Old March 9th, 2005, 05:22 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

hmmmm

He's offering the dog for stud not for sale so I think it will remain. I don't think they can ban the ad for offering stud service as it's selling a byproduct. There's always a way around it for these people. Argh.
Old March 9th, 2005, 10:14 PM
banned user

Well the auction for this 'item' has ended with no bidders. Which is good but I still think it should've been pulled.
I clicked on view sellers other items and there are none listed... I wonder what happened??? He's no longer a registered user..... Did we do that??

Last edited by Sneaky2006; March 9th, 2005 at 10:16 PM.
Old March 9th, 2005, 10:36 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky2006
Well the auction for this 'item' has ended with no bidders. Which is good but I still think it should've been pulled.
I clicked on view sellers other items and there are none listed... I wonder what happened??? He's no longer a registered user..... Did we do that??
You can only hope. I agree his gene pool is probably as deep as that of his dogs.