Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old April 28th, 2003, 08:09 AM

Unhappy 13 year old cat with sudden health problems...need advice

I have a 13 year old female cat. 4 months ago she had a cancerous tumor removed from her breast and vet thought he got everything. Unfortunately about 2 weeks ago I noticed another lump in basically the exact same place as he first one. This is not the biggest thing that is bothering me I know what this is. The problem is about 4 days ago she lost her sight suddenly and it had not returned with it she has progressively lost her sense of smell( not completely) and her sense of balance. She has fallen from my bed twice in the last 2 days and she has callapsed twice only yesterday. These collapses have taken place right after she has awakened and tried to walk. It has been suggested that is could be a couple of things. One of these being a tumor on her brain or a possible blood clot on her brain causing pressure which has made all these things happen at once. The other being possible stroke. She is still eating, and using the litter. She lets me know when she wants food and she will follow the sound of my voice without any difficultly most of the time. At the present I don't know what to do because I am terrified that at her age and condition if she is put under anastetic she will not come out of it. I don't want her to suffer and I want to help her if at all possible. I have had her since she was 6 weeks old. So, I is like my child. Please, any help or advice would be appreciated.