Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Foster talk - Rescue talk - NO listings please

Old February 11th, 2005, 11:22 AM

American Bull Dog Rescue

Is there one in Ont? A 6 mo old pb (no papers) unspayed female is being freecycled. :sad: Fortunately the lady would rather go through a rescue. Does anyone know of a responsible person looking for this breed? It makes me sick to think of the life she'll have if she falls into the wrong hands. I'm not posting the exact area in case there is someone looking for a female with the intentions of breeding!
Old February 11th, 2005, 11:32 AM
Senior Contributor

You could try contacting these breeders if they are good they will be involved in rescue I am guessing you are in Ontario if not let me know province. I understand why you don't want to give location you can pm me if you like. Could you give me more info on the dog you can pm with it if you like as well

Ontario Kennel/Website

Angie Boyd
5232 Highway 124
Magnetawan, ON P0A 1P0
(705) 387-1596
Email: aaabulldogs@yahoo.ca
www.A&A'sAmerican Bulldog

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lance and Lesli Rose
3460 Hwy#6
Hagersville, ON N0A 1H0
(905) 768-2747
Email: webmaster@dogresources.com
[url]www.RebelRose
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog
Old February 11th, 2005, 12:51 PM

Thanks so much for the contacts. One of them is not far so hopefully they can help this girl. I just sent them a note and you a pm. I called and there's no answer so I'll try again after.

Thanks again! I'll keep you posted!
Old February 11th, 2005, 02:12 PM

to Hounds003

If its the same american Bulldog on the Freecycle in my area I contacted them and supposedly a woman was to come and see the dog. I havent heard since then and asked to please consider contacting a rescue or Spaying her before giving her away so that there are no unwanted puppies.
Old February 11th, 2005, 06:04 PM

It is the same dog. I spoke a little back and forth with her, told her to ask for a vet reference, take the dog to the persons home to see how they interact with her and tell them they'll have to spay her to at least weed out some of the idiots. The woman e-mailed her dogs vet records and so I asked if the woman's dogs are spayed/neutered and the question was completely ignored in the reply I got. There was also no mention if this woman was willing to spay her. The woman cancelled last night so unless something changed this afternoon, it was up in the air. She said she has tried to find a rescue but anyone she contacted isn't taking American's. I haven't been able to find one either. I've tried not to offend her so she doesn't stop mailing me back but she dodges the spay subject like a bullet!! It's obviously not a priority or a concern. :sad:
Old February 11th, 2005, 06:14 PM
Senior Contributor

Maybe try the Canadian Bulldog Rescue Joan might be able to help or point you in the right direction
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog
Old February 11th, 2005, 06:31 PM
Senior Contributor

You can try these breeders also.

Bonello's American Bulldogs.

John Bonello
7169 Oak Ridges Dr
Bewdley Ontario
905-342-9785
bonelloskennels@bellnet.ca

Razor's Edge Reg'd
Calvin Middlebrook
327 James Camp Rd
RR#1 Burks Falls
705-382--0519
bulldog@surenet.net
Old February 11th, 2005, 06:46 PM

Why not Try Barlees Angels in Guelph. www.barlees.org She is very reputable rescue and deals with the bully breeds. I will also look up a contact i use to have for american bulldog rescue(Her name was tammy)
Old February 11th, 2005, 08:56 PM

I mailed Joan(English rescue), Shelly & Karen(French rescue) today and I haven't heard back yet.

I was able to find Streetsville's American Bulldogs, Toronto? I spoke with a person that told me they do rescue and I spoke with Mark from Streetsville's. He says he does rescue in the GTA and surrounding areas. Does anyone know of them?
Old February 13th, 2005, 01:20 AM
Senior Contributor

I've never heard of them.Streetsville is actually Mississauga area.
Old February 13th, 2005, 09:37 AM

Thanks so much for all your help guys in looking for rescues and breeders! I was able to find Streetsville's through one of the breeders posted. Unfortunately yesterday I didn't hear a word from the people getting rid of the dog so I'm going to call Streetsville's later today and see if he's heard from them. I was only able to speak with him for a min the other day but it is a possibility that this is Streetville's puppy. He had sold one in that area and held back the papers until she's spayed but I don't know for sure if this is his dog. I'm really starting to wonder if I didn't hear anything yesterday because this family is dumping the dog behind this breeders back. Maybe I'm just reading to much into it though. Thanks again for all your help, I'll let you know how it goes.

I had sent the original post to Barley's first and didn't hear a word back. If this isn't the case I'll contact them again.

I assumed Streetsville was TO, it's good to know where it actually is.LOL
Old February 13th, 2005, 12:14 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hounds003
He had sold one in that area and held back the papers until she's spayed.
Hmmmm,I'm wondering what kind of breeder this person is.You cannot hold back the registration papers untill the pup has been spayed/neutered.This is why a non-breeding contract is done up.I know this cause I went through it with my dogs.Their papers were in when they were 5 months old.I picked them up.They were neutered at 6 months.If I didn't have them neutered,I would have faced going to court and paying $5000 for each.

I actually hated that they chnged everything the the GTA....When I would say I live in Toronto,they would ask where,Etobicoke,Mississauga,Scarborough.I would say no, Toronto.......
Old February 14th, 2005, 08:00 PM

[QUOTE=mona_b]Hmmmm,I'm wondering what kind of breeder this person is.You cannot hold back the registration papers untill the pup has been spayed/neutered.This is why a non-breeding contract is done up.

I hope I haven't made a bigger mess of things for this poor dog. I sent her Barley's web page yesterday so hopefully she'll contact them herself but before hand I had sent her a note to contact the breeder. She hasn't been writing me back. As far as I know they hadn't contacted the breeder over the weekend. Who knows maybe someone else is taking the dog. Some of these freecycle moderators really need to give their head a shake and wake up!

Your breeder obviously cares about the pups she brings into this world. We bought one of ours from a "reputable" breeder. He was an accidental litter, came neutered with a return contract. We took it as that, just an accident. A year later we rescued one of the same breeders dogs(now that's a whole other story) and I had met a guy at the park who bought one of the same breeders pups, paid for papers but never got them because the litter was never registered. Sometimes you just never know...