Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a dog - listings

Old January 11th, 2005, 12:28 PM
Senior Contributor

Coco - 10 yr old choco. Lab

HEre is the result of the bybs some people seem to think are not so bad. A dog bred nearly to death then thrown in the trash when she could no longer produce.

"Coco is a beautiful 45lb Chocolate Lab who has spent most of her life as a breeding mom and left at the pound where she would have been put down but thanks to local volunteers, she is with us today. She is an extremely sweet and very affectionate little girl who is looking to be loved and cared for as she has done for her puppies all these years. She loves people, kids and other animals. Coco, now 10 years old, spayed and rescued from her previous breeding situation, is now looking for a family to call her own - and she needs your help.

**removed email address
Attached Images

Last edited by White Wolf; June 5th, 2006 at 03:23 AM.
Old January 11th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Senior Contributor

OMG Lucky! She is so beautiful!!! I hope you find a great home for her.
Old January 11th, 2005, 03:20 PM

what a schweeeetie!!!
Old January 11th, 2005, 05:21 PM
Senior member - formerly goldengirl

In all fairness to lab rescue, if it is the same contact that I have, the entire rescue is comprised of 2 ladies, basically trying to bail the ocean with a teaspoon. We all know about demand being so much greater than what rescue can supply.

Coco is a sweetie and knowing her foster mom, she will leave no stone unturned to find Coco an outstanding forever home.
Old January 11th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

just a ?

One site has Coco posted as 10 yrs old and I have also seen her posted as 8 yrs old, does anyone know which it is? We have had inquiries for our Cocoa but we are unable to adopt him until such time as we have his full medical requirements. We would be more than happy to foreward some on to the foster as well. We just want to make sure we have the correct age. Thanks.
Old January 11th, 2005, 09:14 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
In all fairness to lab rescue, if it is the same contact that I have, the entire rescue is comprised of 2 ladies, basically trying to bail the ocean with a teaspoon. We all know about demand being so much greater than what rescue can supply.
I totally understand that and meant no disparagement of those people!! I merely mentioned it in case anyone mentioned Lab Rescue. With 10,000 Labs and Lab x on Petfinder alone, I'm sure they are totally overwhelmed all the time, precisely because of the type of people who ditched Coco.

BMDLover, I doubt anyone knows her exact age or that the individual who dumped her bothered to give her vital stats. If she's 8, all the better and I will list her as such!
Old January 12th, 2005, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyRescue
Lab Rescue did not respond to pleas for help.

This statement is absolutely UNTRUE! They DID respond and what they said was, I quote "we have 4 seniors all above 10!! right now that we have
no leads for so we are VERY hesitant to take on another senior BUT
if noone else can then obviously we will"

Statements as above is what give Rescue's a bad name and I want to set the record straight here. As I am a foster home for Lab Rescue, this offended me because I KNOW that they would never, ever not accept a Lab in need. I had to rescue a Chocolate Lab the day before Christmas. I have 3 goldens of my own, however, I did not hesitate to take this dog!

Please be careful as to what statements are made on this public forum, as the outcome could be an injustice for a wonderful organization.

Heather
Old January 12th, 2005, 02:50 PM
Senior Contributor

Okay, I repeat I was merely stating what was told to me and meant NO slur or slam to Lab rescue in any way. I know no one in this org., have nothing against them, have no personal interest in this situation, and was simply relaying all the dog's info that was sent to me which I assumed was accurate, considering the source.

The mad face appeared in the wrong place at the end of the line and was supposed to be with this:
Quote:
A dog bred nearly to death then thrown in the trash when she could no longer produce
Even if they didn't respond, not every rescue person can answer or help every person writing and calling trying to dispose of animals. There are too many with breeds like Labs, or with cats as I very well know.

I am extremely sorry if this was taken the wrong way - in a way it was not meant and I will remove that if it is offensive. It was never intended to be.
Old January 13th, 2005, 12:39 PM
banned user

Coco - update

HI Everyone,

Just to keep you guys up to date and in the loup.

We arranged to save Coco and placed her with a really great foster home (new foster). After three days Kerri the new foster found that she was highly allergic to Coco, so inturn she is now being fostered with Marie-Paul. When we originally picked her up she was not in good shape. Her eyes were badley infected and so were her ears. We immediatley took her to the vet where all infections where treated and she is now infection free and doing well. She was quite a hit at the vet everyone there just loved her. She is so sweet and gentle. Originally we were advised that she was approx 10 years old. However the vet feels that she is most probably closer to 8 yrs. As she was dumped, nobody really knows her real age. But she is in great shape.

Lab rescue was contacted and they have sent several emails stating that they have a possible home for her and if it did not work out then they were preparing a foster to take her in.. ( only if there was no home found here for here). She will be remaining here in Montreal as we have had many inquiries on her and we will start interviewing potential homes for her tomorrow.

I will keep everyone posted on if she becomes adopted.
Old January 13th, 2005, 01:34 PM
banned user

BMDluver

Thanks for the offer for to send copies of the inquiries that you had on your Coco. It would be appreciated. Even though we have received inquiries, We still want to ensure that Coco receive the best home.

When you send them can you please include a small note letting me know if you have already contacted these people and your opinions on them.

Thanks again
Old January 13th, 2005, 02:50 PM

perrty Lab

Hope she finds a good home!

DeerClan
Old January 13th, 2005, 05:14 PM
Senior Contributor

It looks like CoCo is being well cared for,that's great news
Thank's all you wonderful people!!!
Old January 17th, 2005, 06:59 AM
banned user

Refferrals

BMDLuver, can you please send those refferals that you had for a chocolate lab. We have done some interviews this past weekend and no one seemed to fit what Coco needs in her life.

I would love to speak to the people that you have.

Thank you
Old January 17th, 2005, 07:41 AM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

coco

Hi Little Angels,
Lab rescue Toronto works with one of our fosters. There was a confusion as we both have chocolate labs with the same name, different age, different sex. Once we figured out which lab it was, we were told that your Coco was being picked up on Saturday for transport to Toronto? Unless there is a third chocolate labe named Coco? I'm now confused. If this is not the case, we will be happy to forward any applications for chocolate labs that don't suit our Coco to you.
Old January 17th, 2005, 08:11 AM
banned user

bmdLuver, as per my previous post. Coco is remaining here in Montreal. No arrangements were made to send her to Toronto. We have contacted them and if a home can not be found here then they will be taking her.

Yes please forward you applicants

Thank you
Old January 17th, 2005, 08:37 AM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

no problem

Will forward any applications we receive that are not suitable for Coco's special needs when we get them.
Old January 17th, 2005, 10:30 AM
Senior Contributor

What are Coco's "special needs"? I can add them to my listing on Petfinder, or I can take the listing down, whichever is best.
Old January 17th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Coco

There is much confusion I think. Our dog Cocoa has allergy issues. The dog posted on Little Angels site is a different name. The dog MPS has may also be a different dog? I have no idea any longer... it's becoming confusing. We'll just say that our dog is not the same dog and leave it at that, lol.
Old January 17th, 2005, 02:08 PM
banned user

Hi All,

Our Coco is the same Coco that Marie Paul has. She is fostering for us.
Our Coco has no special needs

Just needs that great home.

Thanks
Old January 22nd, 2005, 10:48 AM
banned user

Coco Update

I am very pleased to let you all know that today Coco has been adopted. She has found exactly what she has been looking for. It was love at first site for Coco and her new family. They bonded immediatly . Coco's new life will include a monthly Doggie Spa Day. Compared to the life she led before, i don't think she would have ever thought that she would end up at the SPA. However we all know that she deserves it.

Thank you to everyone who helped try and find coco a new home. Lucky Rescue thank you for putting her on your petfinder site. BMDLuver thanks for the offer of the applications.

And a very big thank you to Marie Paul who opened her heart and her home to Coco in her time of need.

And most of all to Coco's new family, who have promised to care for her and love her forever. Oh yeah and for booking those SPA days that Coco is going to love.
Old January 22nd, 2005, 10:55 AM
Senior Contributor

Awwww,another "happy-tears post"thank's for letting us know!
Old January 22nd, 2005, 11:22 AM
Senior Contributor

YAY! I didn't think it would take long to get that sweet girl a home!