Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Closed Thread

Old January 11th, 2005, 11:12 AM
Senior Contributor

Question for Whinnie-Boo

Remember these posts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whinnie-boo
I foster a friends dog, as he had no options other then the spca, which he would have no hopes of survival in, he is 8 yrs old. Neutered, UTD on shots and just a handsome boy.

He covers him entirely financially, he just lives with me to combat his seperation anxiety. Let me guess this makes me a bad person too, for not wanting to send an 8yr old pitbull to certin death at the pound?????????

What you everyone else have done? Turned your backs on DEZ???????
How is it that Dez's owner is now here saying that he was hit by a car and missing since Jan 5 and you post on Jan 7 that he is living on a farm!??!?
Posted January 7, 2005 @1:29PM
Quote:
But, now that DEZ has found his home, his owner will be helping make the transition slowly along side the new owner. Dez will be fine. His new owner lives & works on a farm, where provided Dez doesn't upset the horse too much, he can follow his new Daddy everywhere he goes, and play freely on over 100 acres of fenced land. YAY FOR DEZ!! I knew there was an ideal situation out there for my boy!!
Posted January 10, 2005 @ 10:08PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bteves
I was surprised to see so many replies so soon. I have not read the other post by Whinnie-boots but here is the story... Dezmond was my dog and I needed to find him a new home. The new home I was hopefully gonna leave him to was where Winnie and boots lives. It is the same dog. He was at the new home when he escaped Wednesday night at 7:45 and then got hit by a van at McLaughlin/Elgin at 8:30. I hope I can find him to just know what happened. I would like to coordinate a search party for this saturday in the fields behind the Youth Centre if anyone is interested.
Why didn't you say something to let anyone here know that Dez was in trouble so that we could have helped! Now a week later....something could have been done for this poor dog!

Quote:
When I got Whinnie she was Pregnant & underweight. Until she went into labour I just thought she was getting fatter
Quote:
My Whinnie came to me pregnant in her first heat - malnourished and underweight. I thought wow.....shes gaining weight so quickly....what a good job I must be doing. Until I'm at work one day and my Hubby calls and says something is wrong with Whinnie and I need to come home. 8 hours later, there were 7 of the most beautiful little things I have ever seen.
AND....
Quote:
The picture called "MAG" - is the picture of the puppies Daddy (Boo looks a lot more like her dad)
I thought Whinnie was dropped on your doorstep pregnant? How do you know who Boo's father is?? From what you wrote above it sounds like you didn't even know she was pregnant?

Why is it that you state over and over that you cannot afford to spay your dogs, but you can take two new cats into your family over the Chirstmas holidays!??!
Old January 11th, 2005, 11:15 AM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

it is very sad....

that the moment something happened to Dez, it was not posted on this board. Perhaps pride got in the way, however each minute is critical for Dez and pride should be the last thing on anyone's mind. This post could be a lot worse but I am so sorry for Dez that I do not have the heart to go further.
Old January 11th, 2005, 11:23 AM

AND....
I thought Whinnie was dropped on your doorstep pregnant? How do you know who Boo's father is??
From Whinnie-Boo's posts you can read that,yes Whinnie was dumped on her doorstep but Whinnie used to belong to a good friend of Whinnie-Boo's who bred her.That is how she knows who the dad is.
Old January 11th, 2005, 11:26 AM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

I don't know, but how could pride take precedence over an animals life?? . Especially someone claiming to be an animal lover!!
Old January 11th, 2005, 11:27 AM
Senior Contributor

But she's posted that she didn't know that Whinnie was pregnant until her husband called and told her that there were puppies... that's why I am asking the question. Maybe there's a misunderstanding...
Old January 11th, 2005, 11:39 AM

I think you guys are jumping to fast. First of all, Whinnie has been on the board for sometime. The unfortunate "owner" just started posting. Are you really going to jump to conclusions this fast? I think it would be fair to wait till she is actually on the Board to start discussing it, no? Dez went home nights, right? Went missing at night?
Old January 11th, 2005, 11:42 AM
Senior Contributor

Do you remember Myst38? And the "neighbour"??
People can appear to be wonderful... we're just worried about the dog...please understand that. If she was here to help answer some of the questions that would be great!
Old January 11th, 2005, 11:45 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Dez went home nights, right? Went missing at night?
Yes, but he is not missing from his owner's home.

I don't want this thread to get out of hand. Best to wait and see what Whinnie-Boo has to say about all this.

If there is no reply, then you will have your answers.
Old January 11th, 2005, 12:16 PM

We only know what we have been told, by one party.
Old January 11th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukieboy
We only know what we have been told, by one party.
Yes about Dez we do. There are other items involved. But this discussion is going to wait and see if she shows up today.
Old January 11th, 2005, 12:20 PM

Who is Myst38? LOL Since you mentioned and all.....
Old January 11th, 2005, 12:23 PM
banned user

What's been bothering me:

Mango was up for adoption together with another cat . Now the Rescue website says they have been adopted. Yet you have Mango & not the other cat. Where is the other cat? Why were they seperated... yet you took in 2 cats anyway.
Old January 11th, 2005, 12:31 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainy
Who is Myst38? LOL Since you mentioned and all.....
She was another member of the board that seemed wonderful, but then we found out her stories were false. She started causing trouble here by posting under two different user names.
Old January 11th, 2005, 12:33 PM
<-----nut ball

I did some sleuthing on the net and found some interesting info about mysts...she uses that name on a lot of other forums. I won't post here about it, but I can definately see why what happened...happened!

(you should see her personal website that I found)
Old January 11th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by raingirl
I did some sleuthing on the net and found some interesting info about mysts...she uses that name on a lot of other forums. I won't post here about it, but I can definately see why what happened...happened!
I checked a while back. I know what you mean! :sad:
Old January 11th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyRescue

If there is no reply, then you will have your answers.
Or she just isn't coming around anymore, as both she and Dogue said the were finished.
Old January 11th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Senior Contributor

She's reading this, though. She feels bad because her original motivation was good, but the situation got away from her. Rescuing is hard (admittedly I am not speaking from much experience) and you gotta know your limits, particularly with respect to bringing animals inside. It doesn't always work out, so you always need a Plan B.
Old January 11th, 2005, 02:55 PM
Senior Contributor

Well well well, Laura! You have pit bull puppies for sale!

---> for those of you wondering how I found out her name....
Quote:
From, Laura, Whinnie, & Boo
posted in the STAMPdesign thread.

Pit puppies for sale

I bet you find REALLY responsible and loving homes through the classified ads!

Since Boo is no longer pregnant, you should really work on getting that ad removed... I bet you're getting alot of calls
Old January 11th, 2005, 03:04 PM
banned user

Eeek....
Old January 11th, 2005, 03:05 PM
And Zoodle's Mom!

Holy Crap!!!! I think we have a PI on our hands!!! I kind of wonder if we have a pathological liar on this board?

In all seriousness, this whole situation is extremely sad in every sense of the word. And some poor, innocent animal is or was suffering an awful injury/death all alone! :sad:
Old January 11th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Titleless

Mango and other cat

This is where I step in. I usually don't post on threads that are jumping to conclusions, but I will answer this. Mango and the "other cat", whom name was River. River was adopted back in Novermeber of 2004 by a lady in Montreal. River was 14 years old and she was the only person willing to adopt her. This adopted was handled through Chatocat. Mango was still with her owner (who had also had River since 9 weeks of age). Mango was taken to adoption days, but never adopted as people thought she was too fat, not pretty enough and passed by simply because she was a black cat. I put Whinnie and Elizabeth in touch with each other, this way, any questions, concerns etc could be asked between them. Robert was a cat that was abandoned over the summer by his previous owner in Lachine Quebec. I took Robert to adoption days as well, no one interested in him and those that were, weren't interested enough in giving him a home. I took it upon myself to drive from Montreal to Brampton to see if this would be a suitable home. After a horrible adoption a couple of months back, I now ask more, look for more and demand more before an adoption takes place. I don't need to explain myself and won't. I had NO reason what so ever to doubt Whinnie's home and still don't. Now, I call at least once a week to check in on the cats, as well as e-mails. Elizabeth (Mango's first mom) also gets e-mails and makes calls.

I won't pass judgement on anyone, especially when all the facts aren't in front of me.
Old January 11th, 2005, 03:30 PM
banned user

I can't believe all of this! Whinnie... please say something... anything!
Old January 11th, 2005, 03:34 PM
Senior Contributor

Stampdesign! I am so glad to hear that the cats are doing well, that's fantastic news.

There's just a couple of issues that have arised and we were concerned. I hope that Whinnie will come back and explain...

It's hard not to jump to conclusions sometimes. This board has had it's share of bad apples and keeps everyone skeptical. I just hope we can resolve this and put it behind us. For the animals.

Whinnie-boo, where are you!?!?
Old January 11th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Titleless

Sammi, I'm on the phone with Whinnie now. She had mentioned in a post before she wouldn't be back.
Old January 11th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammiec
Remember these posts?

How is it that Dez's owner is now here saying that he was hit by a car and missing since Jan 5 and you post on Jan 7 that he is living on a farm!??!?

He was apparently at your place when he got out! You didn't bother to let anyone here know that Dez was in trouble so that we could have helped. Now a week later the truth comes out, something could have been done for this poor dog!
Are you sure this isn't mistaken identity? Dez's owner keeps referring to a dog named Boots, and someone named Whinnie-boots. It was my understanding that Whinnie's dogs were name Whinnie and Boo. I'm sorry, this is just really starting to sound like a witch hunt, that's all. I could be wrong, but this whole thing with "Dez's owner" doesn't make any sense to me.
Old January 11th, 2005, 03:40 PM
Senior Contributor

Scwhinn, did you read the thread that I refered you when you questioned before?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bteves
Dezmond was my dog and I needed to find him a new home. The new home I was hopefully gonna leave him to was where Winnie and boots lives. It is the same dog. He was at the new home when he escaped Wednesday night at 7:45 and then got hit by a van at McLaughlin/Elgin at 8:30. I hope I can find him to just know what happened. I would like to coordinate a search party for this saturday in the fields behind the Youth Centre if anyone is interested.

It may sound like a witch hunt. It's just all so confusing...
Old January 11th, 2005, 03:45 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammiec
Scwhinn, did you read the thread that I refered you when you questioned before?

It may sound like a witch hunt. It's just all so confusing...
No, sorry. I missed that. If you can direct me to the thread, I would like to see it.
Old January 11th, 2005, 03:47 PM
Senior Contributor

I posted it in the Dezmond thread where you asked the question.

"Lost Pit bull in Brampton"
Old January 11th, 2005, 03:49 PM

Then you wonder why people leave. You can't jump down their throats and expect them to talk to you when you're not being very civilized. You demanded answers and you will receive none now. How has that helped with byb?

So now you have somebody not able to get proper help and able to turn things around for those pups. What will happen to those puppies? Thanks for encouraging byb.

All I can say this board has tremendously gone downhill :sad: . What happened to try and help and correct the situation in a positive manner?
Old January 11th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Senior Contributor

They are questions. Sorry if you feel they are too direct.
Closed Thread