Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge

Old January 4th, 2005, 04:23 PM
owned by Tucker

Goodbye my friend

It will be a year on Monday that Travis was pts. One whole year since I kissed him goodbye as he lay dying. If I could preform miracles I would bring you back, only if you could be healthy again. I miss you every passing day, although time does heal a little more each day, I shall never forget the love that you gave us. Rest in peace my beautiful boy. This is one of the last pictures taken of Travis just a few days before his death.
Attached Images

Old January 4th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Senior Contributor

Awww Doggy lover,your post had me in tears,Travis will be in your heart forever,the love will never go away...the sadness might diminish,to be replaced by happy memories of a wonderful friend,but he'll be with you forever :love:
Old January 5th, 2005, 04:21 AM
Senior Contributor

I miss my best friend too

:love: It has not been a year yet but doggy lover, chico, I know what you mean!!

:love: I love all animals with all my heart, but I will never love again like I loved my Bandit :love:

He was my first dog and first true love!!

R.I.P My baby :love:

I hope your having fun up there with travis running and playing as you once did
Attached Images

Old January 5th, 2005, 06:19 AM
Senior Contributor

I don't think you ever get over it when you lose one of your babies. It does get better with time and you relive the wonderful memories often. My current little guy will do something that reminds me of this one, or that one. Maybe, it's a memory that I had forgotten but it'll suddenly be there and I just have to give Den-Den an extra hug. Then, I'll read something like this thread, and the tears flow again because it freshens the memory of what it was like to lose them and again, I have to give Den-Den another hug! But, the good memories far outweigh the pain. That's why I have Den-Den! I can't imagine my life without a furry baby in it! We all know how you feel!
Old January 5th, 2005, 07:04 AM

Dogie Lover
My condolenses..
My Barney passed away on Jan 15 2001... Kuma ( My new GSD ) was Born on Jan 22nd 2003.. I still call Kuma Barney all the time, and when Kuma gets rambunctious, I ask Barney's spirit to guide Kuma because I feel that since the dates of death and birth are so close... Barney's angel will guide Kuma

You never ever forget them, I had two beautiful dogs, one a sheltie and the other Barney... Heinz 57, and I have their picture on my wall with the front cover of a card that has a poem on it "Good bye my sweet pet "

It's like loosing a kid ( although I have none ) but would feel it the same.
You never forget them..
Old January 6th, 2005, 09:46 PM

Wink So sorry

So sorry for the loss of your beloved Travis. Stories like that bring tears to my eyes every time.
I lost the first dog I ever owned on March 24, 2001. I decided a few weeks later to get another dog and decided on an Austrialian Shepard. Then I found (or they found me) a litter of pups born on March 24, 2001!!! I knew it was my Quasa coming back to me. My new dog, Tiber, who is now almost 4, is everything Quasa was and more! I totally believe they come back to you in some way.
Although we don't have them physically anymore, they are always there in spirit!
Old January 6th, 2005, 09:57 PM
Senior Contributor

I grieve every day for my bunny - the best bunny ever!! - and I know what you are going through! I know it is easy to say but think of all the good times you had with him!
Old January 7th, 2005, 08:30 AM
And Zoodle's Mom!

My deepest condolences I know from experience as well what it is like to lose a well loved pet and still miss him/her years later.
Old January 10th, 2005, 07:27 AM
Zookeeper Extraordinaire

Remind me to never read topics in this particular forum again if I want to keep my makeup from running.

My deepest condolences to those who have lost their loved ones...I dread the day that my kitties pass on, but thankfully I have many years left with them. My childhood cat died a few years ago and I remember being devastated...God did a really good job in creating dogs/cats/birds/ferrets/whatever, my only complaint is that He didn't program to live long enough! heh.

Excuse me while I go hug/kiss my kitties!
Old January 13th, 2005, 01:08 PM
owned by Tucker

Thanks Guys its been really hard the last few days, but my pup Tucker helps keep my mind off of it a little, as he is so busy its hard to keep up to him. He is a godsend.Here is a pic of Travis at happier times. This is how I like to remember him.
Attached Images

Old January 13th, 2005, 03:56 PM
Senior Contributor

What a handsome boy he was, he looks pretty happy to me that is a sure sign of how good you were to him. Your puppy I am sure helps a lot and surely keeps you on the go. Just remember he pain free running and playing with all our other dearly departed pets having a great time and we will see them again I believe
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog