Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants > Pet Stories - anecdotes - jokes

Old December 17th, 2004, 08:30 PM
Monty's_Pet

Talking Funny story about missing cat

Last Night my hubby and I were coming into the house carrying stuff from the van and 2 of the cats got out. I caught one of them and brought him to the house.... the other cat I told my hubby to grab and told him she was right beside the window. So he went to go get her. Well she was gone!!!! So we went looking around the neighbors places by their stairs because these aren't out door cats and she would freeze and we wanted her home. Well one of the neighbors told me the lady in the apartment by me had the cat that she just saw my cat go in through this womans window and then the woman closed the window. So I went and banged on her door until she opened it and asked her if my cat was in there, she said no but I am free to look. Ok I looked really fast and left the woman my phone number in case the cat was hiding cause she was so scared. We went back to looking for the cat all over the neighborhood until it was time to take the kids to the x-mas concert at school. Once we were there I asked a woman at the school what I should do, because I know this woman has my cat and I am pretty sure she is hiding it. Well Call the police and see what they say you should do ....... ok I did and then went to go watch my kids concert. Thinking I would have time to watch the concert then get home for the police to come......... afterall its NOT a child abduction (however to me, the one crying my eyes out about my cat it sure felt that way) well Just as my kids were getting on the stage my cell rings ......... its the police they are on their way to the ladies house and I need to go home and get the papers with her tattoo number on it. So we can prove its my cat. Well I get home and the police are there and they don't have my cat ...... they say they checked the womans house and the cat is not there. OK missed the kids on stage now and hubby is back out looking for cat. So I think of what to do next .......... type out a missing poster and add her pic to it. Well just as I am adding her pic to the page guess who walks in the computer room? Yeah the missing cat!!!!! She was here the whole time!!! We never saw her run back into the house. I picked her up happy to see her, then put her down and went running out of the house looking for hubby who is now probably totally frozen but still looking for cat. So I am outside yelling his name at the top of my lungs until he answers and then I yell back she is home. He comes running and asks me why I didn't just call his cell ( that he told me he was taking with him just in case the police ( who are searching the area for this cat) bring her home) well Duhhhhh i didn't even think of it. Sooooooo a million and 1 apoligies later .......... I will search my house next time she goes missing!!!!!!!
Old December 17th, 2004, 08:35 PM
banned user

LMAO... . I could just imagine that police report.
Old December 17th, 2004, 09:14 PM
banned user

Omg that poor woman... I hope she's gonna get a Christmas card or something now that you had the police search her house?
Old December 17th, 2004, 09:44 PM
banned user

You know what go for a laugh, put a Christmas bow & card around the cat's neck... ring her doorbell and hide
Old December 17th, 2004, 09:49 PM
Monty's_Pet

I would be scared she would think that the cat is a present for her. Then she would really hate me cause I would want her back AGAIN.
Old December 17th, 2004, 10:13 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh wow! That is an incredible story, one that would almost make you tear your heart out and yell CATS!!!!! Arrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!

It reminds me of an incident that happened to me once. I once almost lost my sister's cat!

She had 5 kitties at the time and was moving to a new location. I was bringing some of her stuff and two of her cats and accompied by my much younger brother - who was great company but not helpful. (He was maybe 4 to my 16). So here I am on the TransCanada highway in NB - and we make a "pit stop". We do our things, the cats do theirs and when we leave to take off, one kitty is AWOL. This cat was extremely intelligent Blue Russian who was wonderful at hiding and forever getting into michef of one sort or another (I think he mistakingly thought he was a Siamese, lol) . We were distraught!! We figured that somehow the cat sneaked out of the vehicle when we were not looking (They had a litter box to do their biz in - I had NO plans to leave them out of the car).

Sooo, we searched and searched and searched. Finally, it became clear that the poor kitty was lost. We drove into the smallest local town, had some posters ran off at a local newspaper (I happened to know the editor) and hoped for a miracle. We were both inconsolable, felt horribly guilty that we had lost this precious cat whose welfare had been entrusted to us. I could not imagine how I would relay this news to my sister.

Well, we get to her new home, begin bringing in minor appliances at al. (Fortunately, sis was not at the house when we arrived). Just as I was turning over a set of drawers, out comes aforementioned feline, licking his lips, happy as --- a cat who;d found the perfect hiding place -- sporting a snarky grin!

I do not think have ever in my life been so happy to see a cat!!! He'd clearly been there the whole time. And one big whewwwwwwww!!

So my heart goes out to you!! It is incredible to experience those highs and lows in one small time isn't it? Gawd!

I am happy you found yout kitty though! I love happy endings!!!! Thx for sharing!
Old December 17th, 2004, 10:20 PM
banned user

Quote:
Originally Posted by montys_pet
I would be scared she would think that the cat is a present for her. Then she would really hate me cause I would want her back AGAIN.
LMAO... you' re right, she'd probably be looking over your shoulder for the police.

My vote: A stuffed animal kitty and a box of chocolates.
Old December 18th, 2004, 12:32 AM
Monty's_Pet

LMAO about the type of kitten that was missing........ Ours is a Russian Blue that we thought we lost.
And I think I wil opt for the stuffed kitty n chocolates.