Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Foster talk - Rescue talk - NO listings please

Old December 5th, 2004, 11:16 AM
Senior member - formerly goldengirl

Exclamation 2 dogs need rescue

Golden Rescue was called to pick up a 2 yr old unspayed female (divorce victim). When we got there, it was not a golden but a lab (owner did not know the difference) Is there any rescue group in the Montreal area who can take this girl? The Ste-Agathe SPCA is full and it is the usual "free to good home" - except this guy would not know a good home if it bit him in the a#$@ss. The dog is crated about 20 hours per day, eliminates in her crate (no where else to go) and is not bathed, brushed, etc. She is very shy

Also, we have a golden with a non-golden housemate needing foster. We can take the golden, but not the black, flat-coated retreiver. Both 3 yrs of age, unaltered :-(

All three dogs are unaltered, but atleast up to day with shots

Does anyone have space for the lab and flatcoat? Please PM me if you do

As usual, all 3 dogs need to be gone yesterday
Thanks
Old December 5th, 2004, 04:44 PM
Senior Contributor

I am just curious why you cannot take the two? Siamese Rescue for example will not seperate two cats that have been together if one is not a Siamese. I admire you helping goldens but why seperate this golden from the other dog? That seems unecesarily cruel when the poor animal is likely confused as it is?
Old December 5th, 2004, 08:59 PM

I am also curious as to why the rescue can't take the 2 dogs. I know several breed specific rescues that will also take dogs of other breeds if it is urgent, especially if 2 of them have been together for a long time and shouldn't be separated.
Old December 5th, 2004, 09:05 PM
Senior Contributor

Have you tried

Rosie Animal Adoption

Animatch

Gerdy's Rescue

Foxy's Canine companions
Old December 6th, 2004, 09:53 AM

Have you contacted Lab Rescue of Ontario????????

Heather
Old December 6th, 2004, 11:19 AM

No room in the inn

Thanks for the rescue suggestions. I believe that all of them have been contacted, with the exception of Animatch. (Animatch is the only one for which I do not think I have a contact) I have received a couple of responses, so many of them (like us) are full and overflowing. 'Tis the season for "no room in the inn". I was hoping someone here may know of someone looking for these specific breeds.

I did not get as for as the issue of taking a non-golden (I believe that our chartiable charter is specifically for goldens only), because we just don't have a foster home to keep them together (nor the space to foster them separately). Unfortunately, we have lost 3 foster homes (myself included) and we have two more high risks to deal with.

It is times like this when I want to take my cane and smack some sense into the owners Wish I could put the dog in the house and chain the owner to the dog house!!!! or locked in a crate !!!!
(Ok, that was my vent for the day)
Oh, for that winning lottery ticket !!! then I could take them all in, until then, thanks everyone for the suggestions, and passing on the word
Old December 6th, 2004, 12:26 PM
Senior Contributor

I admire your work and do not want to quiblle but I do alot of governance work with nonprofit boards and Revenue Canada is concerned primarily with how and who handles your money. If we at the pediatric hospital admitted someone over 17, the government would NOT revoke the Charitable Status of our Foundation. That would be in your Mission. This is a federal law so that would apply to you.

I am just thinking of the poor two dogs who have been together for so long and now, when their world is torn upside down, they will be separated. If your Board has rules that mandate separation, they should be revisited and you could develop a codicile for situations like this one. My heart really goes out for pets who are bonded together and they lose someone or are tosses out and then they too are seperated. (sighhh!!) Your rules are quite different from other breed specific rescues in that regard.

I understand how difficult it is to find good people to foster but surely you must have fosters who will take two dogs. I so hope they can stay together. (and I just lab sit my Chocolate lab "nephew" now and then but cannot see much difference between labs and goldens. (Why is your group so "picky" for lack of a better word?

And that's my rant of the day, lol (
Old December 6th, 2004, 12:51 PM
banned user

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengirl
Also, we have a golden with a non-golden housemate needing foster. We can take the golden, but not the black, flat-coated retreiver. Both 3 yrs of age, unaltered :-(
Cyberkitten

This should be your first clue that these 2 dogs where not pets that slept together on the couch. This is most likely a BYB. Sometimes the choice has to be made between the lesser of 2 evils.

I do not feel that Goldengirl should have to justify herself as to how these 2 dogs will be rescued... the fact that they are being rescued is enough for me...

Just my 2 cents.
Old December 6th, 2004, 01:52 PM

Bugsy you are right.

The man's son has bred the female twice. The father was not happy, but the son like the $$$$. (Don't even hike THAT trail !!! )

This is the third incident of "twins" in the past two months. We just do not have a foster home capable of handling two more dogs. Most of us have at least one dog of our own now. (one of my foster homes sends her own dog to a relative when she has a foster, because she just does not have the space for two big dogs) I am grateful that my landlord lets me foster, and can not quibble about him restricting me to one foster plus my own golden (The landlord is so good, the mini-doxie is so small that the landlord doesnot count him as a dog, just a very mobile fur ball ) Also 3 dogs enough for me to handle by myself. Quality of care (and plain old safety) have to be a factor in rescue.

As I said before, I cannot even get to the point where one dog is a golden and one is not, I just do not have a place for two more dogs - together or separate, I wish I did. I wish I could by Kimberly's farm myself, keep all her animals together and bring all these guys in too.

Right now we have 5 dogs needing fosters and 3 spaces available. Anybody have David Copperfield's phone number ??? And most other rescue groups in Montreal are in the same position right now. I can't even borrow space to bring these guys in, let alone keep them together.

Also, note: this divorce did not happen overnight. Why did he wait until the dogs had to be gone this week before calling someone ??!! Same thing with the lab. The dog has been there so long, why is it a last minute emergency for RESCUE !!! This week or the big OR ELSE !!! (I know the answer, because that is the nature of rescue, cleaning up other people's messes, not just the dog poop. Cleaning up the dog poop is the easy part )

I posted this here originally, hoping that someone may have a foster space available, or know someone looking for a dog like these 2 (or 3) needing to be rehomed. My mistake.
Old December 6th, 2004, 02:42 PM
Senior Contributor

It's a breed specific rescue - they take Goldens. That's not being picky. All the breed specific rescues I know of have the same requirements. Most can't keep up with their own breed in need in shelters. And as she said already - there is no room at the inn. Getting fosters is VERY hard and there are always waiting lists for more dogs to come in. Most fosters have their own dogs, and also have bylaws on how many dogs they can have, landlords and know their limitations (most also work fulltime). Having an extra dog on top of your own to train and work with is a challenge, never mind two. If you'd like to take them in I am sure she would love the help tho.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberKitten
(sighhh!!) Your rules are quite different from other breed specific rescues in that regard.

I understand how difficult it is to find good people to foster but surely you must have fosters who will take two dogs. I so hope they can stay together. (and I just lab sit my Chocolate lab "nephew" now and then but cannot see much difference between labs and goldens. (Why is your group so "picky" for lack of a better word?

And that's my rant of the day, lol (
Old December 6th, 2004, 03:26 PM
Senior Contributor

OK, pick on me(I can take it but I am just concerned for the dogs) - I am having a bad day - but I see several breed specific organizations take bonded pairs. (Siamese Rescue for one - and they are a wonderful group!!). It just seems mean to me to say well we'll take this one because he's a golden and the other one does not meet our standards. It is discriminatory. (I also do a alot of work in inclusion and I hate injustice so it just riles me).

I am trying to be caring and polite so I do not understand why people are snarky. We are all supposed to have the same goal, right. This is supposed to be my stress free zone (no dying kids here!) but I was in tears wondering why you are different than other groups. (and please, with all due respect, I've done much research on specific breed rescue and this is the first time I have heard of what your group does. There may be others but they would at least take the dog and then try to find a home for him/her).

I just find it sad and I am in no way questioning you - just the organization. (You are not the org - you are one person in the group who can ask them why they do things that way- that's all. Is it wrong to need to know that and ask questions)

People- especially parents of seriously ill patients I treat ask me some very pointed questions - and I do not mind . I welcome it. It is their right. It is also my right as a concerned animal lover to ask why your group has a requirement I have never seen before.

So I do not understand why people see the need to be mean!! I am not questioning your love of the breed or the work you do - it sounds wonderful to me - but the goals of the group!! Is that so much to ask, sighhhhhhhhhhh!!
Old December 6th, 2004, 03:41 PM

No cyberkitten, it's not too much to ask. I too asked the same question and I also have never heard of this policy, but I've only been in rescue for 3 years. I understand a lack of room and that is a good reason to turn a dog away, but it's not a good reason to turn a dog away because it's not the right breed. Goldengirl, this is not a stab at you in any way and I do sincerely understand not having enough room. Thank you for pointing out that fact to us as it did sound like the only reason the other 2 dogs were being left was because they are not goldens. I really hope you find suitable accomadations for the 2 left in the cold.
Old December 6th, 2004, 03:48 PM
Senior Contributor

Nobody picked on you. You questionned the rescue and called them picky - and said their rules are quite different from other breed specific rescues in that regard. There rules are the same as all breed specific rescues that I know of, and never mind that, they are full. She is not ignoring the dogs, she is contacting other rescues and doing her very best to find one that will help, and getting insulted for it. That's very unfair.

People answered your post and restated why she can't take the dogs.

Now you are saying people are discriminatory, referring to injustice, saying people are picking on you and mean and snarky, and say they "seem unecesarily cruel". Who's picking on who?

Quote:
OK, pick on me. It just seems mean to me to say well we'll take this one because he's a golden and the other one does not meet our standards. It is discriminatory. (I also do a alot of work in inclusion and I hate injustice so it just riles me).

I am trying to be caring and polite so I do not understand why people are snarky. We are all supposed to have the same goal, right. This is supposed to be my stress free zone (no dying kids here!) but I was in tears wondering why you are different than other groups. (and please, with all due respect, I've done much research on specific breed rescue and this is the first time I have heard of what your group does. There may be others but they would at least take the dog and then try to find a home for him/her).

So I do not understand why people see the need to be mean!! I am not questioning your love of the breed or the work you do - it sounds wonderful to me - but the goals of the group!! Is that so much to ask, sighhhhhhhhhhh!!
Old December 6th, 2004, 04:11 PM
AmInaL

I'd definitely take one in a heartbeat...but I'm in Cape Breton...a little far away.
Old December 6th, 2004, 04:22 PM
Senior Contributor

I was going to take a deep breath and not reply. There are more important things than this kind of nonsense but I asked a simple question. I have the answer. I just did not see the need for any snide remarks - like "get a clue" (and I won't say what that sounds like but even my sickest children never get that nasty over something so simple.)

And it IS discrimintory. It may not be the fault if goldengirl - she obviously loves goldens - but certainly that organization is unique among the many I have read about. I make no claims to expertise in this area BUT I do know how to research ( I teach Research Methods to pediatruc resi dents at a medical school). And if you do check the data on this subject, the vast majority of breed specific rescues (cats, dogs and rabbits) will take other types of breeds when it is an emergency, when the animals were together - especially a bonded pair - even cat rescues will sometimes take in the occasional dog of the dog came with a cat s/he was close to) - and in other unique and esoteric situations.

Sooooo, to reiterate ---- I congratulate goldenmom on her work - it's tough and she needs to pat herself on the back now and then. I am not questioning her personally at all. I merely wondered why this breed rescue group was unique and unusual in theor policies. (And I made no secret I did much care for the policies. That is called caring for the animals - it is not a commentary on anyone in particular).

You on the other hand - or someone rudely quipped to me "get a clue" - suggesting you thought you were being funny and that I was not very smart. I certainly learn every day that there is lots I need to know (and I have several university degrees and lots of life experience which may be more important) but I would never say to someone - even a parent whose child (one of my patients who I dearly loved) died today of small cell carcinoma when that parent continues to smoke IN the home and wonders why a second child has asthma to "get a clue". It would be horribly rude - and if I am being impolite in suggesting you were discourteous, I am sorry. It is just that there are ways to speak to people properly, diplomaticly and nicely - even when we disagree.

And to indicate I opine that it is discriminatory NOT to recuse one dog but not the other is my opinion, not an indictment of an individual. I will always speak out against injustice - anywhere, any place - . If a society can say one dog cannot stay with a shelter because it is not the correct breed, that is not all that divergent from those who would say we can't save a child because of his or her race. You know the illutrious quote- we should judge a society on the basis of how it treats its most vulnerable (and I have not uttered it correctly). I take that to heart.

I understand why the two may not be kept together but I was merely curious as to why this group is so unusual and possibly a little too officious (and it may well be that golden is not in a position to be critical of the group she represents - how do I know that?) in their policies.

I live in the Maritimes and we try to treat everyone the same - and to be friendly!! And that applies to animals AND people. If a dog -especially one from a puppy mill who has suffered God knows what - cannot be accepted by this group in an urgent situation because she is not the right breed - what message does that send? (I am of Irish heritage and long ago, there existed signs that read NO Irish Need Apply). This group might as well post a similar notice - No labs need apply!!

It's possible that because I am from a small region - where due to our low population base - we are fortunate to have any rescue groups at all - this type of attitude hurts me. But I did not expect to have my feelings hurt by anyone on the Board for simply posing a legitimate question. For the most part, people here are friendly and kind and quick to share help and ideas and anecdotes about their beloved four pawed friends. It's sad to see anything else, sighh!!

And that is ALL I will say on this subject! (I just hope the dog finds the proper help!!)
Old December 6th, 2004, 05:13 PM
Senior Contributor

Have you tried contacting an all breed rescue? It might be very hard to place these 2 in foster together, altho sad it is better than not being rescued at all.

I do fostering for a rescue and I can't imagine taking more than one at a time, I have 2 of my own dogs as well and 2 cats and sometimes I feel guilty about having to spend so much time on one foster that comes in because they need so much more love and caring for not to mention training and altho my girls are very patient I know sometimes they feel left out when the new one gets to go for all the car rides (if they only knew it was to the vet)

I wish these dogs well and hope they find a foster home soon
Old December 6th, 2004, 06:41 PM

Toonces;
I turned to the board because every all breed rescue I know of in Montreal is as packed as we are. I turned to the board in hopes that someone would know of a group I had not contacted, or would want to adopt/foster one of these two cases directly.

Cyberkitten: I tried to pm you, but your box was too full. I agree this just got way out of hand, developed a life of its own.
Old December 6th, 2004, 07:36 PM
Senior Contributor

Yes, let's all take a deep breath and simmer down.

The problem at the root of all this discussion etc is that people are breeding and discarding their pets at such a rate that there is no place to dump them. THEY are the people who deserve the anger.

There are too many dogs and cats and not enough homes - especially for overbred dogs like pit bulls, Goldens, Labs, Dals and mixes. To the people who see nothing wrong with breeding, think about that.

There is no way to work the math so that there is a place for all these animals and we cannot save them all, or even a small fraction of them. It's very heartbreaking to any rescue to know this - none of us wants to see animals die merely for lack of a home, but who is going to take them all?

As for separating animals, it depends on how bonded they are and how long they have been together. We will definitely place cats as a pair if they are older and tightly bonded no matter how long it takes. Others can be separated.

Young dogs should have no problem being separated if they are going to good homes. Two 12 year old dogs who are very bonded and are losing their only home are a different matter and should be kept together.

Obviously fostering two cats is very VERY different than fostering two large, high energy breed dogs who have probably had no training and need tons of attention and work. Personally I wouldn't/couldn't do it, and can't fault others who cannot. And yes - most people who foster have pets of their own and can't neglect them for foster animals.

And yes, the few dog rescues in Quebec are always overloaded due to more animals being dumped in QC than anywhere else. These rescues DO have lists of people looking for dogs, waiting to get a mythical non-shedding, hypoallergenic, perfectly housetrained, obedience trained, young small breed healthy "poo" type dog who does not bark or chew or have issues of any kind.

The people on these lists are not likely to take a untrained adult Golden who is shy and pees in her crate instead.

Goldengirl, a volunteer for Animatch is posting on the board. See "joelle" in the dogs for adoption section. Maybe she might have an idea or lead.
Old December 6th, 2004, 07:38 PM
Senior Contributor

So someone saying "This should be your first clue" (not "get a clue", and it was not me) warrants 9 slams from you. I don't think I need to list them all.

Most breed SPECIFIC rescues - take breed SPECIFIC dogs i.e. dogs of their breed. Some also take dogs who are crosses of their breed, many do not. You obviously don't like that concept, unfortunately I suppose in your eyes it exists worldwide. I think it's a wonderful thing. There are also all breed rescues - that take all breeds.

I wouldn't compare the intake of Siamese rescue to the intake of say Golden, Lab or Rottie or Pittie rescue. Different worlds.

I run a rescue and deal with all breed and purebred rescues all the time. Most do not intake dogs not of their breed. Most are full at virtually all times and can't keep up with their own breed. Goldengirl's is not unique at all. Rescues of less popular breeds would have more leeway. "No labs need apply" is applicable for purebred rescues that are not for labs. Most purebred dog rescues will not take cats or rabbits - the rare exception will. Most rabbit rescues will not take Rotties. It is the same thing. I wonder what you think of all the all breed rescues - to rescue all breeds - that do not take Rotties, Dobes, Pitties or Sheps.

What data on the subject is available BTW? I would love to see the data you refer to. This is not picking on you - this is asking a question, only I have ommitted the insults that you insist on using.

I cannot fathom that you feel picked on - and don't see how rude you have consistently been. You are the only one who has been rude and slung insults. Yet you take great offense to someone saying his should be your clue. Bizarre.

Quote:
And it IS discrimintory. It may not be the fault if goldengirl - she obviously loves goldens - but certainly that organization is unique among the many I have read about. I make no claims to expertise in this area BUT I do know how to research ( I teach Research Methods to pediatruc resi dents at a medical school). And if you do check the data on this subject, the vast majority of breed specific rescues (cats, dogs and rabbits) will take other types of breeds when it is an emergency, when the animals were together I merely wondered why this breed rescue group was unique and unusual in theor policies. (And I made no secret I did much care for the policies. That is called caring for the animals - it is not a commentary on anyone in particular).

You on the other hand - or someone rudely quipped to me "get a clue" - suggesting you thought you were being funny and that I was not very smart. IIt would be horribly rude - and if I am being impolite in suggesting you were discourteous, I am sorry. It is just that there are ways to speak to people properly, diplomaticly and nicely - even when we disagree.

And to indicate I opine that it is discriminatory NOT to recuse one dog but not the other is my opinion, not an indictment of an individual. I will always speak out against injustice - anywhere, any place - . If a society can say one dog cannot stay with a shelter because it is not the correct breed, that is not all that divergent from those who would say we can't save a child because of his or her race. You know the illutrious quote- we should judge a society on the basis of how it treats its most vulnerable (and I have not uttered it correctly). I take that to heart.

I understand why the two may not be kept together but I was merely curious as to why this group is so unusual and possibly a little too officious (and it may well be that golden is not in a position to be critical of the group she represents - how do I know that?) in their policies.

I live in the Maritimes and we try to treat everyone the same - and to be friendly!! And that applies to animals AND people. If a dog -especially one from a puppy mill who has suffered God knows what - cannot be accepted by this group in an urgent situation because she is not the right breed - what message does that send? (I am of Irish heritage and long ago, there existed signs that read NO Irish Need Apply). This group might as well post a similar notice - No labs need apply!!

And that is ALL I will say on this subject! (I just hope the dog finds the proper help!!)
Old December 7th, 2004, 01:02 AM
banned user

Quote:
I am not questioning your love of the breed or the work you do - it sounds wonderful to me - but the goals of the group!! Is that so much to ask, sighhhhhhhhhhh!!
Honestly there are just to many things to comment on here. So I will comment only on this quote.

I don't feel that it is your place to question this rescue's goals. Obviously you may have questions and should be allowed to voice them. This is one thing. However imposing your opinion and questioning their judgment in such a derogatory manner is quite another.

May I suggest a Private Message next time?

As for my first post, as indicated previously, the comment was simply "my 2 cents". Which luckily enough... are not governed by Revenue Canada .
Old December 7th, 2004, 01:54 AM
Senior Contributor

Thumbs up

This is the absolute last and very quick response. I asked what the goals of the group were. To me, that is the same as querying what are the goals of this site? What are the goals of a student when they sign up for a course? It is hardly a negative question. I would not be upset if you asked wat my goals were in joining this site or what the goals of my hospital are?

Most organizations have a mission - and I am assuming this one is laudable. Have you met any Rescue groups whose goals are not. It is tough, difficult work and I do not think you or I can question that. Certainly no one is doing that here- that I am aware of anyway?

We learn something new every day and I have become informed about the differences between labs and goldens today. Both are such wonderful breeds and you have to love their view on life - we could all learn from them I think, lol

I also learned, sadly that among a few other things that will remain unsaid because well, frankly, it is depressing to think some people have time to just riducule others for no benefit as the person who suggested I get a clue - or however she termed it. I forget now and have no intention to get into a shouting match with anyone spoiling for a fight over some now unknown subject since we have all moved on. There were other desulatory and nasty comemnts made but I've resolved to just forget this entire thread.

I've had excellent communication with goldengirl and she explained her group and their work very kindly, eruditely and with the exhuberant passion and love of the breed that one can but admire and applaud!

I cannot speak for others but surely you have to agree with me that those who do rescue work with animals are heroes and heroines. I just wondered how this group set their mission and their goals. I do workshops in governance and it can be a rather dry topic at times but I truly am keen and interested in knowing how organizations design strategic plans and their mission and so forth. How you see this question as an insult is something I do not understand (and on most matters, I am not -as some suggest - clueless - even if someone thinks I am) but I am sorry that you do. Perhaps you misunderstood my interest in governance and that vein in which the query was posed. (There are some good sites on non profit governance if you are interested in that subject)

I'd like to say what I think to this person - but it would do no good.Eleanor Roosevelt (and I apologize for not recalling the exact quote - it's very late here and I have had one horrible day) once opined that we lower ourselves and our morals when we stoop to the tactics of those who would belittle and be unkind to us.

So I will politely thank goldengirl for her response to my questions and helping me to understand how her organization works and wish her well in seeking help for these dogs. I do not envy her daunting challenge. Sometimes I find my own work difficult - seeing young children die is never easy though it is alternateky rewardng to see a child survive a virulant type of cancer and become healthy again!!!! But at least in Canada we have a good health care system (for the most part but that is another topic never mind thread, lol), there are more structured support Governance systems for health care organizations for humans (Though I know of a vet hospital in Halifax that has a better MRI than a small hospital in another province - NOT the Maritimes. - and it is costly). MRI's are still fortunately paid for by our tax dollars and no one of my patients' parents will go in debt and have THAT as well as their child's illness and/or death to worry about at the same time. Rescue organzations do not share some of those luxuries and have to compete with other Charities who have professional fundraisers who have experienced well paid Governance consultants on their payroll. If I could do more to help any organization in its Governance tasks, I'd gladly do it!!

I would also ask all of us to try to be kind, understanding and tolerant of one another when we respond to each other. We are, after all, here because we seek to improve our planet. We do not need to utilize insults to debate - or perhaps that artful skill is being lost but I really do not think so as I observe people on the various non profit and university Boards with which I am affiliated.

This is my last comment on this issue - we need to expend our valuable time (and for all of us I am sure, our participation on this site is precious minutes we take from our families (including our furbabies), work and volunteer and community activities. - on positive ways to help those who post questions and in sharing our experiences and stories/ideas with like minded people. And we must remember that sometimes, phrases typed all too quickly on an internet Board do not take into account the entire picture from which any one person is coming from and misunderstandings are made. Some - like the ones directed at me - can be very hurtful - and we need to be cautious in what we assert and how we wordsmith our language.

Have a great day!!
Old December 7th, 2004, 07:26 AM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

a pity

All these posts and I don't see one saying we can take these dogs into our organization. Seems a pity the real purpose was lost in emotions. Everyone is under extreme pressure these days, lets just all take a big breath and remember what the final purpose is, to help an animal in need. Sometimes emotions are better left cast to the wayside. All I wish is that these dogs end up safe before it's too late. Thanks, that's my two cents worth.
Old December 7th, 2004, 12:11 PM

Talking Success !!!

It looks like we have 2 of the 3 dogs taken care of. A flat coat retreiver rescue volunteer in Ottawa will probably take the male, we will take in the golden and cross post to try to get them adopted out together

I am waiting for word from Lab Rescue in Ontario about the other dog.
Old December 7th, 2004, 12:39 PM
banned user

A rescue you forgot

someone should have contacted Little Angels Animal Adoptions

http://www.littleangelsanimaladoptions.com/ they have helped so many poor souls and I am sure they would have helped in this suitation. Including taking both the dogs.

Dove
Old December 7th, 2004, 01:02 PM
Senior Contributor

Way to go Goldengirl! There are 4 lab rescue contacts in Ontario in case you didn't get them all:

Joan Znidarec
416-429-8108
mybestfriend@bellnet.ca

Sharon Harris
613-258-4856
labrescu@netcom.ca

Denise Branch
519-738-9642
bluesouth@sprint.ca

Kevin Austin
519-268-0086
jake.austin@sympatico.ca

We're all overloaded in Ontario too but maybe they can help.
Old December 7th, 2004, 01:34 PM
Senior Contributor

LL1 What is the name of your rescue and breed do you rescue?
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog
Old December 7th, 2004, 01:41 PM
Senior Contributor

I'd rather not say.
Old December 7th, 2004, 02:01 PM
Senior Contributor

Well you think you would want to give your rescue some press. Then we could refer others
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog
Old December 7th, 2004, 02:20 PM
Senior Contributor

A couple members know who I am. I like the anonymity here as much as other posters do. My rescue is pretty well known, the animals get alot of exposure in other ways.
Old December 7th, 2004, 04:15 PM

Little Angels were contacted, no response