Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old July 1st, 2009, 11:06 PM

Unhappy Lost cat in Dorval QC - ISIS WAS FOUND!!

My son and his wife moved today/yesterday, July 1, 2009, and one of their 4 cats managed to get out during the move. She's never been outside. She's a small black cat with semi-long hair and a bushy tail. She's about 5 years old. Her name is Isis, but I'm not sure if she recognizes it. She's very shy. The cat got away on Bourque Street, about 2 blocks north of Bouchard.

They are both in tears, looking for her. I told her to go quietly near their old apartment in the dark with a some treats (shake the bag). They were looking for her in daylight, but she's easily spooked at best, so she would come out if she were hiding. I hope we find Isis.

A reward is offered. Phone: J.L. at 514-949-9274 or me (Margaret) at 514-685-6061

Photobucket

The picture doesn't show it, but she has a fairly long bushy tail. She is spayed. She doesn't wear a collar because of her being only an indoor cat. Thanks.

Last edited by MoodIndigo1; July 4th, 2009 at 05:17 PM.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 08:37 AM
Senior Contributor

Contact AMR (they have the contract) (450) 638-9698, Berger Blanc immediately (514) 494-2002 and the SPCA Montreal (514) 735-2711. Bring all places pictures of the cat. AMR euthanizes quickly so you must physically check every 2 days.

Also - put up posters everywhere, especially high human traffic areas such as grocery stores, depanneurs.

I wish a speedy return.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 10:45 AM

Thanks for the advice. I've checked and left coordinates with AMR and will call the others and the City of Dorval.

My son and his wife spent all night looking for her. I told them that since she's never been outside, she won't be far from where she got out, so at least they're not spreading their efforts all over the place.

Going over with posters I printed up for them last night.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 10:51 AM
Senior Contributor

Put smelly tuna outside the door of the home...she is not far I am certain.

Also post on Craigslist in the lost and found and pet section. Post on kijiji as well. If you say 'reward' - this will entice someone to come forward.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 08:26 PM

Thanks, we did the Craiglist, Casca, Kijiji, and another pet-related board.
We posted pics and reward mentions with phone numbers all over the place: near the apartment building, in depanneurs, on trees, in DMV (emergency vet hospital), at the nearest vets.

We contacted AMW (thanks again, Benmax). We were unable to reach the SPCA, and their website isn't updated to reflect new arrivals. We tried to reach Berger Blanc several times, but the line was always busy. We'll be on that again tomorrow.

Thanks for the tuna suggestion. When my son goes to check again tonight later, I'll suggest that to him.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 08:57 PM

My son asked me to ask you if there is such a thing as a Pet Detective in the Montreal area. He says he remembers hearing about such a service somewhere in Canada, so I googled it and found such a service in Calgary and in the Halifax region. I saw nothing for Montreal.

I don't think much of the idea, I think that there is some chance of finding Isis if they/we keep looking for her when it's quiet out (late at night) and bring her treats of some kind.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 09:43 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Do you have anything with the other kitties smell on it? also a litter box with some goodies in it? sounds crazy I know but it has worked for others!

Most indoor kitties dont go far. Can you go out when its really quiet in the early morning hours and just sit and call his name?

Good Luck

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old July 3rd, 2009, 12:49 PM

Thanks, Winston, they've been going there from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am. Nothing. I hope they manage to hang on, they're both exhausted. He took days off work in order to do this.

Today, the SPCA updated their site, and one of the pics of cats found on July 1st looks a lot like Isis. We called and left a message and are waiting for a callback (they ask for details about the cat).

If I found a cat in Dorval, I'd keep it and contact the SPCA, not AMR, so I'm hoping that this is Isis.
Old July 3rd, 2009, 01:53 PM
ZiggyZuzuZoeyRaggzy&Keena

MoodIndigo1, I am sorry this poor dear got spooked and fled :sad: Must have bitten off more than she could chew

Please go to the SPCA and look for yourselves...they are so swamped and might not be able to call back for a bit. There are several black cats there hope one of them is yours

So nice to see people doing so much to get their furbaby back... for a happy ending!

Ginger and Hobo at the Bridge (Valentine's Day 2011) but NEVER forgotten <3...

"‎I have sent you on a journey to a land free from pain, not because
I did not love you, but because I loved you too much to force
you to stay" ♥ ♥

We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness.
It is here on earth and has four legs!
Old July 3rd, 2009, 01:55 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by diandpat View Post
MoodIndigo1, I am sorry this poor dear got spooked and fled :sad: Must have bitten off more than she could chew

Please go to the SPCA and look for yourselves...they are so swamped and might not be able to call back for a bit. There are several black cats there hope one of them is yours

So nice to see people doing so much to get their furbaby back... for a happy ending!
Very true - I have a direct contact there and I cannot even reach her. Anyways - the best way to tell is by going to see for yourself. Best of luck.
Old July 3rd, 2009, 01:58 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Nothing to add. Just wanted to send

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old July 3rd, 2009, 03:40 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Just to let you know that your kitty is probably not far and is too scared to come out. Leave a box with some tuna in it at night and check on the box frequently. The box will make your kitty feel safe and the tuna will attract her.

My parents found a kitty under their deck very early one morning. It had been there for 5 days before it came out, also an indoor only kitty that accidentally got out and lived only a couple of doors down.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old July 3rd, 2009, 04:18 PM
Senior Contributor

I really don't have more to add...but believe me...your cat will not go far...especially if he's not familiar with the outdoor smell. He may not respond when you call, but he can probably hear you....he is just very scared of the unknown environment. He won;t venture out until he feels safe...and for a cat that could be awhile and usually when its quiet. Good Luck
Old July 4th, 2009, 02:47 PM

Any news today?

you to stay" ♥ ♥

We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness.
Old July 4th, 2009, 05:23 PM

!!

Thank you all for your support and advice. Isis was found today.

We had spent the day looking for her again, after going by the SPCA to see whatever cats were brought it since the 1st. BTW, it's downright heartbreaking to see those kitties.

You said she wouldn't be far: you were right. The new tenant of the apartment (who happens to be the daughter of the caretaker) heard a scratching sound coming from under her sink. The cat had gone through to the back through the hole of the drainpipe. The caretaker got her out, they gave her a bit of food, and called my son on his cellphone. At that point, we were driving to his new place after picking up a few groceries, so we went straight to the old place. I had put a cat carrier in the trunk, so we brought her home. Isis is home. Finally her slaves will get some sleep.

Happy, happy, happy we are!!!!!
Old July 4th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Senior Contributor

...and finally a good sleep.
Old July 4th, 2009, 05:47 PM

Oh Happy ending

Phew!!!!!

you to stay" ♥ ♥

Old July 4th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Wahoo, so glad to hear she was found safe and sound

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old July 4th, 2009, 07:46 PM

You guys rule! Thanks again.
Old July 4th, 2009, 08:07 PM

My son says he's going to take down most of the 61 colour Lost posters we put up in various nearby stores, depanneurs, pizza places-- on trees, on doors of nearby buildings. He called DMV and the Dorval Vet hospital to ask them to take down their posters. I removed the kijiji, craigslist, casca and a few other internet places where I'd posted her info on.

I was touched by the number of people who responded. I had always assumed that people would be indifferent to the fate of a little black cat.

My son spoke to a man from his previous apartment building about the cat (we really told everyone we could, even 7 and 8 year-olds), and my son offered the guy his phone number in case he saw Isis. The man answered: "it's ok, your phone number is everywhere".

Still, all in all, the best advice I got was from this board, from calm, knowledgeable and competent people. We owe you.
Old July 4th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Master of the Drool!

Awsome news!!!! Sooooo glad you found the furkid!!!!
AHHHH They are a year old already!!!!