Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old March 14th, 2010, 03:08 PM

First pictures of Gaz.

This is my first time posting pics so here it goes. The first is me and Gaz, the second is Paula and Gaz. Dad was a pure English Mastiff, Mom was 1/4 English Mastiff, 1/4 Neo Mastiff, 1/4 Tosa, 1/4 Great Dane. Gaz is seven weeks old now and the largest in the litter. I'll be picking her up in two weeks.
Attached Images

Old March 14th, 2010, 03:35 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Oh, what a sweet little doll! Big, too! You both must be so excited!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old March 14th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Senior Contributor

She's a sweetie,love her brindle coat,she is going to be a big girl
Old March 14th, 2010, 03:55 PM
You can call me DOG!

What a cuties Gaz.

Best of luck with her home coming and can't wait to see more pictures!

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)
Old March 14th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Senior Contributor

She's gorgeous!
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old March 14th, 2010, 06:02 PM
-

Ooooooo she's purdy!!!! We'll look forward to LOTS of pix of her!
Old March 14th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

What a BIG cutie pie Gaz is

Jasper, male Ragdoll ?? (approx 10 yrs)
Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 7 yrs)

Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old March 14th, 2010, 06:47 PM

OMG she's so cute!! Totally georgeous
Old March 15th, 2010, 02:10 AM
Senior Contributor

what a sweetie she is! She is so fluffy!

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old March 15th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Senior Contributor

Soooo Cute! Look forward to watching Gaz grow into a giant fur ball.
Old March 15th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Senior Contributor

wow, she's going to be on gorgeous looking large gal!! *L* very pretty
Old March 16th, 2010, 10:32 AM
-

Gaz is a doll .......I notice that there are a lot of cages, what kind of breeder are you getting her from?
Old March 16th, 2010, 12:00 PM

Thats is just the shed he has for the puppies. They have a larger indoor pen with a door to a fenced in outside area for them to go in. It looks like a lot of cage because he has a coal stove for heat for them fenced off and two smaller sections with outside access if he had to separate a puppy for any reason. All his adult dogs are in a barn with separate indoor/outdoor areas.
Old March 16th, 2010, 12:51 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
Thats is just the shed he has for the puppies. They have a larger indoor pen with a door to a fenced in outside area for them to go in. It looks like a lot of cage because he has a coal stove for heat for them fenced off and two smaller sections with outside access if he had to separate a puppy for any reason. All his adult dogs are in a barn with separate indoor/outdoor areas.
He sounds like a BYB.......Nevertheless Gaz is a beauty
Old March 16th, 2010, 05:38 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
He sounds like a BYB.......Nevertheless Gaz is a beauty
My thoughts exactly Chris.
Gaz is very handsome though.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old March 16th, 2010, 09:07 PM

I'm curious as to what you mean by BYB. I know it stands for back yard breeder but is it meant as he is unprofessional? I'm not trying to pick a fight, just curious, its a new term for me.
Old March 16th, 2010, 09:17 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
I'm curious as to what you mean by BYB. I know it stands for back yard breeder but is it meant as he is unprofessional? I'm not trying to pick a fight, just curious, its a new term for me.
Basically what BYB means is that they breed for the money that can make off a litter; not for the betterment of the breed which is what good breeders do.
A good breeder would only breed once every one, even two, years. A good breeder would never expect to make money off of breeding as most of the monies brought in by a litter would already have been spent on their upbringing, shots, and health checks up to the point of adoption. A good breeder would not be breeding "mutts". There are so many labrodoodles, cockapoos, pookaroos, whatever being bred and sold for outrageous prices that actual breed lines are getting to be the exeption, not the rule. An "accidental litter" between two breeds is much different than someone breeding dogs again and again to make money.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!

Last edited by 14+kitties; March 16th, 2010 at 09:37 PM. Reason: took out unneeded crap
Old March 16th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Doggie Wench

Hello Gaz, welcome to pets.ca .

Inexperienced people who breed for profit with little regard for health, temperament, the future of the pups, the adoptive families, etc. are usually referred to as backyard breeders.

I hope you don't take offense. If anything, when I feel people are dealing with byb's, I try to let them know the hardships and heartaches they may possibly be in for. We've been there so just trying to give a heads up for those who may not be aware of some of the negative issues that may arise.

Here is a good article that describes what a backyard breeder is.

http://www.boxerworld.com/forums/vie...reeder-byb.htm
Old March 16th, 2010, 09:52 PM

Thank you for the information. I guess a lot more should have gone into my explanation. The breeder does run a reputable business and is very knowledgeable of his dogs bloodlines. He has provided many references of litters that he has had in the past. Out of his six females onsite he will only breed one at a time will not breed the same female twice in a row. All of his dogs and puppies have had excellent health records throughout his breeding. All dogs and puppies he has are very well socialized as I have been able to be in contact with them during every visit. He is now retired and the dogs are the focus of his attention. He is certified to vaccinate the dogs and the age appropriate vaccinations are given before he allows the dogs to be taken. Also he doesn't allow any puppy to leave his property before it is nine weeks old and in perfect health, which I believe most anyone will agree with. I believe that puppy mills do cause a lot of problems and agree something should be done. As I said before I'm not trying to pick a fight, but I am insulted that it could be thought that I would endorse something as detrimental to any animal as a puppy mill or BYB.
Old March 16th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Doggie Wench

Quote:
As I said before I'm not trying to pick a fight, but I am insulted that it could be thought that I would endorse something as detrimental to any animal as a puppy mill or BYB.
I'm sure it's no one's intentions to insult you. Just to reiterate:
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckypenny View Post
We've been there so just trying to give a heads up for those who may not be aware of some of the negative issues that may arise.
Old March 16th, 2010, 10:06 PM

Understood Luckypenny, I appreciate the concern. Thank you.
Old March 17th, 2010, 06:42 AM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

Gaz as the others have pointed out,,no one is trying to pick a fight or insult you..Many of us have had to deal with the issues that arise from BYB and puppymills..Now please don't take this as an insult, but your pups mother alone is a mix of 4 different breeds, not a purebred thus a mutt..this alone makes your breeder a byb. He can be the bestest puppy grampa in the world but he's not breeding for the betterment of a breed, the pups don't come from a ch. line thus the are the same as the millions of mutts you can find in any rescue all over north america. That said,,your little one is absolutely adorable and i hope you enjoy many many years of enjoyment with her.
Old March 17th, 2010, 07:55 AM
An Honest Contributor
Fishing the Sea Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, KickUps Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Aski Champion, Ping Champion

Quote:
Thank you for the information. I guess a lot more should have gone into my explanation. The breeder does run a reputable business and is very knowledgeable of his dogs bloodlines. He has provided many references of litters that he has had in the past. Out of his six females onsite he will only breed one at a time will not breed the same female twice in a row. All of his dogs and puppies have had excellent health records throughout his breeding. All dogs and puppies he has are very well socialized as I have been able to be in contact with them during every visit. He is now retired and the dogs are the focus of his attention. He is certified to vaccinate the dogs and the age appropriate vaccinations are given before he allows the dogs to be taken. Also he doesn't allow any puppy to leave his property before it is nine weeks old and in perfect health, which I believe most anyone will agree with. I believe that puppy mills do cause a lot of problems and agree something should be done. As I said before I'm not trying to pick a fight, but I am insulted that it could be thought that I would endorse something as detrimental to any animal as a puppy mill or BYB.
I'm sorry you felt the need to defend yourself I rescued 7 dogs on Sunday from a BYB just despictable conditions but just because "I chose to rescue them" that doesn't give me permission to come on a pet forum and tell the OP it looks like a BYB - he didn't ask for advice/opinions about his chosen facility he just wanted to be welcomed and to show off his new puppy which BTW is already bought! Why not give the guy a chance to learn and grow before giving opinions and concerns that weren't asked?

Anyways welcome Gaz is beautiful, good luck. Hopefully you'll stick around during her growing & training stages

Last edited by Golden Girls; March 17th, 2010 at 08:24 AM. Reason: spelling
Old March 17th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Senior Contributor
Space Invaders Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion

What a cutie. He will be lots of fun. Looking forward to the pictures.

Owned by

Bree 12 year old GSD
Keesha 8 year old GSD
Cyrus 7 year old GSD

RIP: All my angels.
Old March 18th, 2010, 08:19 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Girls View Post
that doesn't give me permission to come on a pet forum and tell the OP it looks like a BYB
I can't see where the problem lies in saying that it is a BYB....the photos the OP provided look like the pups are from a BYB...That doesn't take away that the pup in question is lovely.

From what I can see by everyone's comments, none were derogatory towards the OP.
Old March 18th, 2010, 08:29 AM
Senior Contributor

I'm hoping he still comes back so we can watch Gaz grow up and reach his full potential. I love love love a brindle dog
Old March 18th, 2010, 08:37 AM
An Honest Contributor
Fishing the Sea Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, KickUps Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Aski Champion, Ping Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
From what I can see by everyone's comments, none were derogatory towards the OP.
the OP is clearly hurt
Quote:
As I said before I'm not trying to pick a fight, but I am insulted that it could be thought that I would endorse something as detrimental to any animal as a puppy mill or BYB.
Doubt he'll be back so don't worry about it
Old March 18th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Doggie Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Girls View Post
the OP is clearly hurtDoubt he'll be back so don't worry about it
Why so negative ? If the op understands our concerns, why can't you?

Quote:
Understood Luckypenny, I appreciate the concern. Thank you.
Yes, the op may have felt insulted and apologies and explanations were made because that wasn't anyone's intentions.

It really saddens me that when there's an opportunity to respectfully educate, with only best intentions, that words get twisted around or misunderstood to mean something derogatory. Humane treatment of animals does not begin and end with removing them from deplorable conditions once it's almost too late. It begins with education. Not with insults, not with arguments, not with belittling others but with the common desire to see animals, and people, treated with respect.

It really saddens me that when members try their utmost to educate in this manner, and that the op's understand and don't take offense once an opinion is explained without malice, that others feel the need to come on and twist the words and meanings just to create an argument and have the whole gist of the 'opportunity to both educate and learn' be completely lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda View Post
I'm hoping he still comes back so we can watch Gaz grow up and reach his full potential. I love love love a brindle dog
As do I . That's what this forum is for...for sharing, teaching, learning, and, of course, for going gaga over everyone's pets .

Gaz, I'm sorry once again. I hope we get to see more of, and read up on your stories of the puppy antics you're sure to be experiencing in the near future .
Old March 18th, 2010, 09:54 AM

Quote:

It really saddens me that when there's an opportunity to respectfully educate, with only best intentions, that words get twisted around or misunderstood to mean something derogatory. Humane treatment of animals does not begin and end with removing them from deplorable conditions once it's almost too late. It begins with education. Not with insults, not with arguments, not with belittling others but with the common desire to see animals, and people, treated with respect.

It really saddens me that when members try their utmost to educate in this manner, and that the op's understand and don't take offense once an opinion is explained without malice, that others feel the need to come on and twist the words and meanings just to create an argument and have the whole gist of the 'opportunity to both educate and learn' be completely lost.
I think this is beautifully worded, LP... and perfectly describes what I think many of us believe this board can and should do.

And yes, I think Gaz is pretty darn cute, too!
Old March 18th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Why so negative ? If the op understands our concerns, why can't you?

Yes, the op may have felt insulted and apologies and explanations were made because that wasn't anyone's intentions.

As do I . That's what this forum is for...for sharing, teaching, learning, and, of course, for going gaga over everyone's pets .

Gaz, I'm sorry once again. I hope we get to see more of, and read up on your stories of the puppy antics you're sure to be experiencing in the near future .
Very well put LuckyPenny. It is about education and I am certain the anyone reading is all the wiser.

We all learn something new by the experiences of others. I continue to learn everyday.