Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old November 28th, 2006, 10:21 PM
Senior Contributor

Fall Picnic!

Ok, just to show we do more than lay on the couch, LOL, here's some pics from a fall picnic we took in early Oct up in the Taylor's Falls area. Very pretty and Petey loves climbing the rocks! Or in this case, the picnic table.
Attached Images

Old November 28th, 2006, 10:23 PM
Senior Contributor

Climbing on the rocks!
Attached Images

Old November 28th, 2006, 10:24 PM
Senior Contributor

Resting in the grass.
Attached Images

Old November 28th, 2006, 10:25 PM
Senior Contributor

And gotta love the drool.
Attached Images

Old November 28th, 2006, 10:45 PM
-

Great pix and what a handsome boy! And look how green your grass was ~ and no colour in the trees. We got our "fall colour" early in Toronto.
Old November 28th, 2006, 11:09 PM
-

I love Petey pics....a handsome boy indeed.
Old November 28th, 2006, 11:28 PM

Beautiful dog!
Old November 28th, 2006, 11:29 PM
Senior Contributor

Thanks guys!

We did have a rather unusual fall and winter so far! It was very dry this summer, so most of the grass was browned and the leaves hardly turned color this year. But this park is along the St. Croix river, so the grass was still very beautiful there. But still not much color in the leaves though!

And we got one snowfall very early in Oct--the weekend after these pics actually! But then it got very warm again and has kind of gone back and forth in extreme temps since then. We had 80 one day and snow and then as cold as 15 degrees less than four days later! Crazy! The last month has varied between 30 and 55, when the norm this time of year is usually snow and 30's, lol. There was actually a thunderstorm last night, with lightening and everything. I can't remember ever seeing lightening at the end of November before!
Old November 28th, 2006, 11:32 PM
Honest Contributor

hey! we have the same "no pull" dog harness for dakotah petey looks awesome, as usual. you must get so many compliments on him all the time!

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints.

:love: ~Akitas Are Love~ :love:
Old November 28th, 2006, 11:33 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I think we're getting all of your weather one day later than you--it was thundering here tonight...actually lost a reply in a lightning-induced brown out!

Petey is really cute! I'm very partial to freckles... He thinks he's part mountain goat, too, I see
Old November 28th, 2006, 11:43 PM
Senior Contributor

LOL! It definitely sounds like you're getting that same storm! My immediate neighborhood was fine, but I was just watching the news and the next suburb over had a lot of storm damage. One house got struck by the lightening and had a fire even! Yikes! But now they're saying temps will drop overnight, so maybe the cold will finally arrive. At this point, I'm wanting it to come! My allergies and sinuses can't take this back and forth stuff much longer, lol.

Well, stay safe in the storm!

Oh, and I love the freckles too. Very fun! Most people think he's a dalmatian for some reason though. And Petey just seems to think he's a mountain goat as you said, LOL! I was nervous to take him out on the rocks...we're on a high cliff there with large jumps from rock to rock, but he pranced around with no fear. His webbed feet seem to work well on rocks, lol. He was the same way this spring when we were up in the boundary waters as well, giant rocks up there in the Ely area as well. Surprised me since he's usually such a chicken dog. Dalmatian...mountain goat...chicken...poor thing must be having an identity crisis, hehe.

And TD, I love that harness too! I think it works great for longer trips and in places I don't trust Petey on his collar. He tends to back out of his collar when startled, so this is much safer and more secure. I know it can be bad for some dogs that have neck problems, but for us, it works nicely.

Last edited by Smiley14; November 28th, 2006 at 11:47 PM.
Old November 29th, 2006, 12:26 AM

Yey! Great pics! What a cutie!
Old November 29th, 2006, 04:46 AM
Jag and Gingers dad

What a good looking boy.