Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old March 16th, 2008, 10:20 AM

I love this thread and all your animals, FancyAppy
They are really beautiful and also so nice that a lot of them are rescues! I've never been to Pennsylvania, but if there are places like yours it must be really nice-- really does look like paradise

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." -Unknown

Mom to:
Sola: 18 month old black lab/malamute
Luna: 2 year old Siberian Husky (rescue)
Millie: 2.5 year old tabby (rescue)
Layla: ?? year old calico (rescue)

Former mom to (RIP):
Nicole: Maine Coon cat 1985-1999
Poncho: Degu
Bibi: Degu
Josette: St. Bernard, childhood pet
Old March 16th, 2008, 10:54 AM

ally...oh how exciting to know babies are on the way! please you must post pics for sure of the babies!..nice to know you love horses also..they are astounding aren't they?...what kind do you have and what type of riding do you do? thanks again for your sweet comments about our big happy family.
Old March 16th, 2008, 11:10 AM

solamio..thank you so much...the farm was a dream for us and at times as the years continued to pass we never thought it would happen...After it did we were a bit unprepared for all the work, difficulties, repairs...etc...we were a bit overcome at first with many challenges but it has slowed down abit now and I think this summer we will finally really enjoy fully the space around us...but we have no regrets....no car, no money,no vacations..LOL...but no regrets.lol
thank you for viewing our family and for your kind words about the rescues.Here are a couple pics last spring and fall of our farm.
Attached Images

Old March 16th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Senior Contributor

Ooooooo, so beautiful! What a dream come true
Are you open to human adoptions?? (well, it would be a package deal, one human, one dog, two cats, four chickens! - maybe the chickens would be the selling point, I see you don't have chickens yet.... - we can bring our own house we have all our shots, most are spay/neutered, except chickens and human, house trained, etc.)
and love for my "lost ones" - Misery, Clover & the girls (chickens)
Old March 18th, 2008, 12:43 AM

otter..oh yes and please bring the chickens. I love chickens. what kind are they? bring your house and all the pets...we have lots of room...and need the help!!!!!!
Attached Images

Old March 23rd, 2008, 07:55 PM

Hubby too this pic today and it gives a better view of how tiny the donkeys are. This is Chuckie, goat, Diablo and Pablo
Attached Images

Old March 24th, 2008, 06:03 AM
Senior Contributor

Oh they look soo sweet,do they require a lot of grooming,just like horses?
I bet they can get pretty dirty rolling on the ground.
Maybe I could get away with pretending one is a big dog and keep him in a nice shed in the back??
I'd probably need two though
Old March 25th, 2008, 12:44 PM

Chico. They get very dirty. They lay in the mud and enjoy standing in pouring rain. They are very fuzzy so their hair is usually matted. They do not enjoy being groomed like a horse does.They like their face rubbed but don't enjoy being brushed.
We can't wait till spring weather brings a shed out . We think that is the only way they will get clean. The goats are so prissy. They keep themselves so clean and the donkeys are little dirt balls.They love flopping down in a mud hole.
They do not need alot of room but you are right, donkeys like horses and goats are very social and can not live happily without a buddy. Diablo and Pablo are very attached to each other. They are within 12 inches of each other nearly all the time.
I think you should get a couple. They don't want to get out like the goats and are very easy to care for. They are so tiny they don't eat much.
So you could definitly get at least two! LOL!
Attached Images

Last edited by FancyAppy; March 25th, 2008 at 03:55 PM.
Old March 25th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Senior Contributor

I can just see my prissy neighbors face if she saw 2 donkeys in my backyard
She's all up in arms because I feed anything that comes in my yard,does not even like my bird-feeders,but that's just tough poop
Old March 25th, 2008, 04:13 PM
border collie mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyAppy View Post
ally...oh how exciting to know babies are on the way! please you must post pics for sure of the babies!..nice to know you love horses also..they are astounding aren't they?...what kind do you have and what type of riding do you do? thanks again for your sweet comments about our big happy family.
yes, for sure i will post a ton of pictures, seems to be what people want although i dont know if i will be able to get pictures during the birth (if she needs my help, i wont be able to take pictures while helping) but there havent been any problems before. I have a Morgan, Imager and two standardbreds ( well one is the mom, Misty, she doesnt race anymore, and her baby, Rain, who is too young to race, and i am not sure if i want her to race anyways, but we'll see about that, when she is old enough to start training.) but i use both of the moms (imager and misty) for riding (western), although i do like english(thats how i learned to ride), but i do find western alot more comfortable.