Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Free Stuff is Good Stuff - Pets.ca's freecycling forum

Old September 3rd, 2010, 09:17 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Wanted - coupons

Don't know if this works as a "free" thing or not but was thinking if any of us knew where to get coupons for free or even cents off cat and dog food it would be great to share the info here. I for one am feeling the pinch a little with the cat food bill. I know others are too.
The coupons Shay sent me and told me about were a great help to me! I picked up a 6.6 pound bag of Evo today for free! I thought we could all share if we heard about web sites offering coupons or mail ins or whatever so everyone could benefit.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old September 3rd, 2010, 09:53 PM
Doggie Wench

I know if you email a lot of companies (Old Mother Hubbard for one) and ask for samples, they'll either send you some via mail or send you free coupons.

The pet supply store that you buy most of your cat/dog food at, do they ever get returns? Or bags that have split, cans that have dinged? If they don't already work with a rescue, perhaps you can ask them for the stuff they can't sell. The wholesalers refund them their money in exchange for the bar code but they don't take the food back. Hopefully there's a store or two in your area that would be willing to share with you . And if you don't receive a discount on food already, you should ask for one...you buy such a large quantity, the least the store can do for you is offer a percentage off.

And if that doesn't work, have you thought to buy direct from a wholesaler? There's a place nearby here that I used to purchase dog food, treats, and dog shampoos when I was buying in bulk for a shelter and another rescue. Maybe there's a distributor near you as well who'd be willing to sell to you.
Old September 3rd, 2010, 10:07 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Thanks LP. Unfortunately the stores in this area have already been approached by all the registered rescues and give to them. I am in the process of doing research to get registered but until then....... I can't fight with the ones that are. I am slowly going through the "free sample" one too.
I just thought we could all use coupons occasionally. I know I sometimes get ones for dog food in the mail and very seldom use them. Maybe someone else could.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old September 3rd, 2010, 10:34 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

Blue Buffalo has a survey you can take for a $5.00 off coupon. Though I don't know if I would trust the food right now. We're taking a sample to be tested next week for possible contamination.

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012
Old September 4th, 2010, 12:57 AM
Doggie Wench

I'm going to see what I can come up with, 14+ .
Old September 4th, 2010, 06:45 AM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

14+,,i just googled online coupons for free pet food and came up with eleventy billion web sites,,this is one.

www.couponcat.net/ccpets.html

on another note,my neighbour is now working for a new company and apparantly they have a huuuuge dumpster just for throwing out pet foods where the bags have been damaged(may just even be a rip in the outer bag)..i've asked him to grab me cat foods whenever he can for you...