Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old September 20th, 2004, 05:08 AM

Exclamation Help!!!!!! Asap

My (not yet neutered) toy poodle (who just turned 5,) has been acting strange of late. He is usually very fun and playful, but these past days has seemed very jumpy and even attacked those at home, yet it’s on and off. Sometimes he seems fine, while other times he just lays quite and still and gets angry if you try to lift him, or simply touch him anywhere. He even stayed in his crate for nearly a day, and it took me having to bring his food to him to make sure he’d eaten and drank.
He also seems to have a limp on and off as well, lifting his right-back leg. He may have hurt it but he seems to walk fine one moment and not the next. He seems to have more problems with it when he hasn’t moved for while.

What really caught my attention was when I saw that his feces was very dark and nearly liquid today. This behavior has been for a few weeks now and I'm afraid that this may be a bad sign.

Please help us!!!

Thank you,

ChrisLeeholic
Old September 20th, 2004, 05:42 AM

this sounds fake to me.

if it's real, go to a vet NOW.
Old September 20th, 2004, 06:18 AM

That is just what I thought! We're going to have to get him to one as soon as possible, then.

Why would you ever think this would be fake?
Old September 20th, 2004, 06:31 AM

Did you not read this???

PLEASE PLEASE.

Do not post questions that require immediate veterinary care.

If your pet is seriously ill, bleeding, can't move, hasn't pooped or peed in a couple of days, has green mucus coming out of the nose or eyes, hasn't eaten or drank in a few days, is pooping blood, is coughing blood, has a bloated tummy, cries when touched or picked up.....Then please take the poor animal to the VETS ASAP.......Do not waste time posting here, your pet needs to be seen by a real live veterinarian immediately.

If you cannot afford vet care, check to see if your vet or another vet can take payments, or check to see if any veterinary school or college facility can help.

Thank You

Pets.ca

It seems like you read this and then created your own fictitious thread to get us all riled up here about how much you obviously don't care for your UN-neutered poor little poodle, to only be taking action now after your dog has suffered for 2 weeks, and the action is almost nothing. Again, if this is real, DO NOT SPEND ANY MORE TIME WRITING HERE AND GO SEE A VET NOW!!!!!!

If it is fake, then you have succeeded. You have riled me up. Good job.

Please don't post again until your dog has been to a vet.
Old September 20th, 2004, 07:06 AM
Senior Contributor

Oh,oh Tamara,you are becoming like some of us and can see why sometimes answers get harsh
This poor little poodle is in obvious stress and has been for TWO weeks,hopefully a vetcheck is not too late
Old September 20th, 2004, 06:26 PM
Senior Contributor

I agree! Troll!
Old September 20th, 2004, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasslass
I agree! Troll!
I would like to make a suggestion and that is to PM anyone that is replying to what you perceive as a "troll". People can get VERY hurt by comments when it is not a troll, but a person that is either young, or not sure how to describe a situation. Better safe than sorry, right?

Heather
Old September 21st, 2004, 09:33 PM

My bad

This person was telling the truth, and the situation that had been going on for 2 weeks wasn't as serious as it originally sounded. The poodle has now been treated by the vet and will be okay.

I will definitely be more careful in the future... this was a wakeup call.

Sorry again to the original poster.
Old September 22nd, 2004, 08:05 AM

I hope this causes a wake up call to many people here at Pets.ca. As much as everyone would like to think that this is an ideal world and that all people think the same etc...., this just isn't so.

This is a place where people should be able to come in, post a question no matter how "stupid" or terrible it sounds, and get a respectful reply by those of us that know a little about their problem. If the dog should see a vet, then nicely say so..... Not eveyone knows the severity of a condition and what is normal or not. We are not to judge, just be considerate and respectful.

Lets try to be helpful here and not hurtful, please

Heather and her 3 Golden Girls
Old September 22nd, 2004, 08:39 AM

If you want people to keep using this post then why are people being treated this way? I find it very unfair that people jump all over you for asking a question....I for one found this out the hard way! People come here for advice and most times get treated badly instead...people should really THINK about what they are going to type before they do!
Old September 22nd, 2004, 08:48 AM
Senior Contributor

I agree to a point,but we also have to point out,do not let a dog suffer for two weeks before seeing a vet.I can see waiting a couple of days to see if it is a temporary problem,but a couple of weeks is tooo long.
I did not think she was a"Troll"the question was not outrageous,just a little too common on this Forum.
Anyway,good luck to the little poodle,hopefully whatever ails him can be cured.
Old September 22nd, 2004, 09:02 AM

Well, I have made amends with the original poster and admitted my mistake on this board, and if you read what I wrote, it wasn't that much of an attack. But I also hope others learn from this (not that I'm the first one to do such a thing -- far from it!!! but if I'm the last, that would be great!)