Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum

Old June 25th, 2004, 10:44 PM
Senior Contributor

Nicknames?

For the users who have long usernames...
Post your nicknames here so we don't have to type as much.

Mine: Username: Spoiled. Nickname: SP
Old June 26th, 2004, 02:15 AM
Senior Contributor

Lass?
Old June 26th, 2004, 05:25 AM
Senior Contributor

glassy, i like to call you that (you may have noticed). oh i am the dork that puts in her real name when they asked, oh MELANIE, you are sooo sooo boring. I once had a friend that wrote a song about me it went- melanie, melanie, what are you on, what are you on (said in a fast wisper). yeah i know, i digress. maybe i could be called bat wings, or woof 'n' sniff (i like that one)ooooo what about wonder dogs mum. but it is ok if you call me MELANIE, i am the one who put it in here in the first place, but i hate this name (this is said in the duh voice, put your tounge in your bottom lip and say it meelannie). but i truly prefer mel and only use this name in life and dont know why i did it in the first place. ah i am a fool, and digress far too much. 'off with her head', said the queen of hearts, opps digressing again.....but Please if you need to call me anything call me mel or even john or bob or constance (grannys name) or even jimbo jones before melanie (i have visions of my angry mother -MEeeeLANiiIE-)
Old June 26th, 2004, 08:46 AM

Mel you crack me up!! You sound like my bestest friend (who's also from Australia) You guys have the same sense of humour, Her name is Breony, and she makes everyone call her Bre ..... except for me, I call her Macaroni.(cause it rhymes wiht Breony) Where abouts are you from?
Old June 27th, 2004, 05:04 PM
Senior Contributor

oh babykitty, us aussies, half of us are a bunch of larikins, and love a good laugh, maybe it is the heat, melted our brains and now we are just running around giggling?? but many of us decend from convicts, so maybe it was a reaction to hardship and the harshness of our land, if i was being serious this may actually prove a good theory, oh i am always coming up with them.
hard to say where i come from, i have never lived anywhere for long, 5yrs longest and that was in a place called Lismore, near Byron Bay NSW. i am currently living in what looks like a big truck stop (poorly designed town, and a stop over for truck drivers). it is a teeny town called Tahmoor, about 2hrs south from Sydney. i have been here a year, but we intend to move out bush when we can, cant wait. if i said i came from anywhere, it would have to just be the state, i have lived within new south wales for a long time. are you from Canada too?? or america??
Old June 27th, 2004, 06:59 PM
Missing My Ciara, 3-21-06

Okay. Karin.

But you can call me ...Karin.

My long time nick name is ..."Jerk Magnet". I did not pick it, my sister did. I hated it for years but the name finally stuck for good...for many reasons.

*Wears like a Badge of courage*

(JM for short)
Old June 29th, 2004, 08:56 AM
Senior Contributor

Sure Mel, I'm sure we'll all remember that. That was actualy quite funny.
Old June 30th, 2004, 07:58 AM

Mel I'm Canadian, and my best friend is from singleton but now lives in Scotland(she just married a scot). I haven't seen her face to face in 6 years but plan to soon, anyways I'm floating off topic. I used to bug Bre cause she was a clepto with pens, (she's the reason that banks chain their pens up), I used to tell her that it was cause of her convict genes..... then she would tell me to buggar off! LOL. Just a question off topic but are you guys still feuding with the new Zealander's? Bre told me that it's kind of like Canada and the States..... Except she called them more...colourful words than I would use, but you guys have hilarious terms to us and I'm sure that we have some that are funny to you.............

One question though this is more for the Canadians on the board, where do you have to go to hear a Canadian say "Aboot" instead of about?"
I have met CDN's. from every Prov. and haven't heard one say "aboot" yet.
Where are these people?
Old July 7th, 2004, 02:15 PM

After reading about Bre and pens..i just couldn't help myself..i had to post
"Were other than in Canada??? In Canadian banks leave our vault doors wide open and chain the pens to the desks??"
Rolly
Old July 7th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Senior Contributor

to hear a canadian say aboot, dont you just turn on south park?? lol.
NZ and australia get on fine we pick on each other a little but it is only a bit of fun, only issue we ever had was the fact that we paid their welfare in australia, and the NZ government did not pay us back, but that is now sorted and NZ gov pays all welfare to kiwis in australia and there are alot of them here. oh and our other issue, you could not get a seat on Bondi Beach for the bloody new zealanders. my father and sister are from NZ and my nephew is maori (such a spunky baby), spent some childhood there. i am always telling them to join my team, traitors i say. and never trust an aussies convict genes, i tell ya, i cant walk past a loaf of bread without getting itchy
lol rolly, well maybe the pens were going missing at some amazing rate and the canadian bank just couldnt afford it anymore
Old July 7th, 2004, 05:39 PM
Senior Contributor

I dated a guy from australia a few years ago ,he was the funniest guy,i had so much fun with him,then i found out he was married..............