Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old May 30th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Senior Contributor

Sunday mornings in the yard

I'm almost ashamed to post pics I take compared to Hazels and Chico's *L* but I was sitting outside on my deck at 6:30 sunday morning and couldn't help taking a few pics of my yard in the early mornings.

My dollar store feeder

Last edited by Melinda; May 30th, 2011 at 09:27 AM.
Old May 30th, 2011, 09:17 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

What a cool feeder! And it looks like the hummers agree! Don't you just love those little guys?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old May 30th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Senior Contributor

Old May 30th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Senior Contributor

sampling brina's bone

Brina trying to catch two hummers that were fighting over top of her

one of our babies

Old May 30th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Senior Contributor

blurry, but its momma trying for bird seed

baby#2 sharing with raven

Old May 30th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Senior Contributor

did I mention I love sitting out in my yard? *L*

front of one of my flower beds

my feeding area, we even use the logs, suet fits into the holes of the log and I use any fat/grease to make suet, I tuck veggies in the holes also and sometimes marshmallows *L*

Old May 30th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
What a cool feeder! And it looks like the hummers agree! Don't you just love those little guys?
oh I do love them hazel, hubs says he is going to make me this welder sheild thing he saw on tv, a man painted it with bright red flowers and would hold a feeder, hummers would be about 2 inches from his face!! *L* yeah ok....oh and that feeder came from our dollar store, a whole 2 bucks
Old May 30th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Senior Contributor

check this out *L* I love it

http://www.environmentalgraffiti.com...hes-face/17168
Old May 30th, 2011, 01:13 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda View Post
Oh, that's cool! Now all you need is a macro lens camera built in right above the feeding port!!! I'm surprised Brina even notices the hummers! Ours don't pay any mind unless they're getting divebombed. She looks like she's running pretty strongly. I take it she's healed well from her surgery?

That's a really cool feeding area! What eats the marshmallows? And I love your garden! If it ever stops raining here, maybe I can get mine turned over one more time and planted

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old May 30th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Senior Contributor

Hazel, the skunks, groundhogs and raccoons eat them *L* but they only get them if we're having a bonfire, a treat for them for us disturbing their evening. I like putting weird stuff in my flowerbeds, a bowling ball, a fish sitting on a chair....old light fixture globes....you never know what you'll find in there, I'll take pics of my other beds if I get a chance.
Brina has healed wonderfully, and the two hummbers were "fighting" right above her back and would hover around her head *L* she probably figured they were bumble bee's. I wish I could blow up the pic to see if I captured the birds
Old May 30th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Administrator - Pet lover

What a cute set and cute gadget Melinda!
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old May 30th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Senior Contributor

thanks Marko, maybe someday I'll get a grow'd up camera *L*.
Old May 30th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Administrator - Pet lover

Feel free to PM me if u want advice when u are ready.

But in a nutshell my advice for 1st DSLR purchase is do NOT buy top of the line (or even close to top of the line) unless u are rich. Buy used, or buy a model for under a grand. You can get GREAT DSLR cameras for WELL under a grand.

Almost any DSLR will whip any point and shoot when it comes to photographing pets....unless the pet is sleeping and is in good light. Then either camera will do a great job. Problem is, pets like to move around a bit.
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old May 30th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Senior Contributor

you'd love my dog then Marko, when she hears a camera turn on, doesn't matter what room she is in or what she's doing, she'll run to me and pose...ask GG, my dog is a camera hog and walks in front of my grandson and sits if we try to get a good shot of Benjamin doing something cute...soooo that said, when would you like to borrow her for a shoot????
Old May 30th, 2011, 03:59 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

Melinda, I LOVE the photos, and your yard!! I'm actually quite envious
I just love trees and bushes, and anything green (expect when it's me and my jealousy ). We made the biggest mistake and bought a brand new home. I will never do it again. I would, by far, rather purchase an old home with an amazing yard and just renovate. We have no trees at all in the back, so it isn't the greatest of spaces. I really do love your yard!!

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012
Old May 30th, 2011, 08:58 PM
You can call me DOG!

Not only am I envious of your beautiful surroundings, I'm even more envious that you have the time to sit and relax on your deck.

One of these days this summer, I'm going to make sure my feet hit the floor and well...that'll be about it!

Beautiful pictures Melinda. Everything looks so relaxing and calm.

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)
Old May 31st, 2011, 04:29 AM
Senior Contributor

thank you Klmccallum and Rgeurts, those were taken at 6:30 am/7 am *L* my only relaxing time.....oh but then at 8 pm I get another rest out there....our home is 56 yrs old , sometimes I long for a newer one *S*
Old May 31st, 2011, 12:27 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda View Post
thank you Klmccallum and Rgeurts, those were taken at 6:30 am/7 am *L* my only relaxing time.....oh but then at 8 pm I get another rest out there....our home is 56 yrs old , sometimes I long for a newer one *S*
Take it from someone who has had a true nightmare with a new home (fighting with the Mayor, the City and media involvement for 2 yrs!). Be thankful for your home!! Not only do you have a wonderfully mature yard, but also a better built home than anything you can purchase now, or within the last 10-12 yrs!

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012
Old May 31st, 2011, 04:00 PM
Senior Contributor

Melinda,absolutely beautiful pictures,Love your yard and please do not compare me to Hazel who has all those great pics,I am very much an amateur.
Love the Hummer-feeder and the Rabbits,we have not seen any Rabbits this year.
I too have some weird gadgets in my garden,makes it look so much more interesting
Oh,and for an old home,ours was built in 1959,but while we had a patio-door put in where there was once a window,the man doing it,said"this is how a house is supposed to be built",not the flimsy stuff from today.
Old May 31st, 2011, 07:09 PM
Senior Contributor

ours was built in 55 and my hubby and I have almost completely redone it ourselves, windows, doors, sunroom, elec, plumbing *L* and yep....very very solid walls!!