Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Old December 11th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Honest Contributor

Greaterdane, any news on Phoenix?...

Do you think your MIL's home is the best place for Phoenix? and how are his wounds, are they healing well? can't get that boy outta my mind...

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints.

:love: ~Akitas Are Love~ :love:
Old December 11th, 2006, 03:22 PM

Went to the vet again and the wounds are healing nicely. Stiches out sunday. We're working on the new home, and its going really well. He'll be moving once he's cleared by the vet.
Old December 11th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Honest Contributor

so good to hear... sending everyone good healing vibes! atti included

Old December 11th, 2006, 03:47 PM
An Honest Contributor
Fishing the Sea Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, KickUps Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Aski Champion, Ping Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by greaterdane View Post
Went to the vet again and the wounds are healing nicely
Good to hear, good luck with everything
Old December 11th, 2006, 03:48 PM
cat slave

phew! I'm so glad he's doing better.

i hope Atticus is doing fine as well
Old December 11th, 2006, 04:28 PM

Really glad to hear they are healing nicely. Remember accidents happen to best of us, don't beat yourself up over this. You've learned from your mistake and move forward , keep us posted on their recovery, and 's crossed that everything will work itself out.
Old December 11th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Senior Contributor

good post libby. for a great recovery
get well hugs from michelle and sloppy kisses from moe, maggie, aiden, brax, and logan
Logan - Rescued Husky cross
Aiden- Rescued husky cross
Old December 11th, 2006, 08:07 PM
-

Glad to hear everything is going well and hope it continues to do so. Please keep us updated.
Old December 26th, 2006, 09:07 PM
Honest Contributor

any updates on Phoenix? have his war wounds healed, where is he living now? i keep thinking about that poor boy and hope he's in a safe, loving forever home now where no harm will ever come to him again...

Old December 28th, 2006, 12:59 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

Any news yet?? Hope everything is going good
Old December 29th, 2006, 11:11 AM

I am quite sure greaterdane knows what is best along with her vets, if there was any news to 'report' on how he is doing she would have made that known. that the progress is going smoothly for everyone involved.
Old December 29th, 2006, 04:14 PM
Slave to the Wigglebum

I don't see anything wrong with being concerned for another members pet.
Old December 29th, 2006, 04:28 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by technodoll View Post
i keep thinking about that poor boy
Same here...I think about him often. I hope he's doing well...sending him and Atti lotsa positive healing vibes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyP
am quite sure greaterdane knows what is best along with her vets, if there was any news to 'report' on how he is doing she would have made that known. that the progress is going smoothly for everyone involved.
hmmmm, I don't see any posts that say that greaterdane doesn't know what's best for her dogs I'm confused by your post Libby. Anytime anyones dog (or cat) on this board gets ill or gets hurt members here get concerned (I was happy to see when people got concerned and asked for updates about MY dog whenever he's gotten sick). I think Techno was just asking for an update...
??????????????????????????????

Deep thought, by Jack Handey : "I think my new thing will be to try to be a real happy guy. I'll just walk around being real happy until some jerk says something stupid to me."
Old December 29th, 2006, 06:01 PM
Senior Contributor

i think libby was just watching out for GD, because some of the things said in the initial closed post were unsupportive, not saying anyone in particular. but some of the comments came across in an attacking manner, and were a little offensive maybe a PM would be more descrete and appropriate. just so we dont open the same can of worms
Logan - Rescued Husky cross
Aiden- Rescued husky cross
Old December 29th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

Regardless of why the last thread was closed... I cant get handsome Phoenix out of my head... i keep checking to see if there has been any success in finding him a new home. A new great home ( im sure his previous home with GreaterDane was great too) He just seems to have had such a poor start in life, although it was extremely admirable for GD to open their home and heart to him, it sadly ended up not being a good match:sad: I dont blame anyone for what happened cause in reality it could happen to any of us... but i do want to know how that hadsome dog is doing....
Old December 29th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~michelle~ View Post
i think libby was just watching out for GD, because some of the things said in the initial closed post were unsupportive, not saying anyone in particular. but some of the comments came across in an attacking manner, and were a little offensive maybe a PM would be more descrete and appropriate. just so we dont open the same can of worms
oh...sorry.... I didn't realise....

Deep thought, by Jack Handey : "I think my new thing will be to try to be a real happy guy. I'll just walk around being real happy until some jerk says something stupid to me."
Old December 29th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Slave to the Wigglebum

I still don't see anything wrong with being concerned about a members pet.
Old December 29th, 2006, 08:49 PM
Honest Contributor

i truly meant well. i think everyone here has Phoenix's best interests at heart, including GD, so wanting to know how he's doing is not rude to ask IMO

Old December 29th, 2006, 09:46 PM
Senior Contributor

Technodoll--I just read all of your posts in this thread and they weren't rude in the least. I think your posts sound very warm and caring---don't worry. It's considerate to ask after the welfare of the pets. We wouldn't be here if we weren't interested in one another's furbabies.
Old December 29th, 2006, 10:00 PM

I also don't think harm was meant by most... but it is important that we have the member's best interest at heart also, and not exclude them in the "interest" of their pets. Especially since we don't live in those shoes. Glass houses, you know... we all do things others could criticize, but no one is there to make those choices but us in our own lives. Guidance is one thing, but pontificating is another. I can't help but think from reading this that GD is hurt and feeling judged... and that is not fair. Not one of us hasn't done the same thing, but maybe not suffered any consequence as a result, and maybe that's just luck.
Old December 29th, 2006, 10:00 PM

I read the previous thread about the fight.
Please don't feel threatened into finding a new home for your dog. It sounds as if you have rectified the situation in regards to keeping the dogs from fighting when you are away and it sounds as if they are behaved when you are present. I don't see why you would have to find a home other than yours for one incident. You have stated that they will not be left out together when you are not home and you are working with a trainer.
I wonder how many others with multiple dogs would be quick to find new homes for their dogs if they happened to get into a fight.
I may have some suggestions for you, feel free to pm me if you like.
Old December 29th, 2006, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse's mommy View Post
I still don't see anything wrong with being concerned about a members pet.
Me neither. I know that greaterdane feels antagonized by me, even before any of this happened ( ), so I've tried not to interfere, but I'm also concerned for this dog. It's not about judging greaterdane at all. It's just about wanting to know if a particular dog is safe and ok. I don't see what's wrong with that. We all get concerned for each other's pets- like when techno's Dakotah fell down the stairs and broke a tooth, or when Puppyluv's doggy had an emergency, we just all love our pets and truly empathize with others when things like this happen. We're also in this for the animals and we all hope that everybody's animals are safe and well cared for.
Old December 30th, 2006, 09:55 AM

While concern for each other's pets is welcome, rehashing previously closed issues and reopening arguments is not. Please keep this friendly and to the topic at hand.
Old December 30th, 2006, 10:00 AM
An Honest Contributor
Fishing the Sea Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, KickUps Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Aski Champion, Ping Champion

ok then - everthing Libby and Phoenix said
Old December 30th, 2006, 11:03 AM
An Honest Contributor

I've PM'd GD and asked if she would reconsider coming back. I feel it was important to at least let her know whether she decided to rehome Pheonix or not - we'd all support her as so many members are just concerned on how he's doing.
Old December 30th, 2006, 06:39 PM
-

All of us here love our pets dearly and those of us that post frequently feel like family and therefore have concerns for each others pets. I would also like to know how Phoenix is doing? He had a rough start in life and I'd also like to know if the incident has affected him in any way?
Old December 31st, 2006, 01:00 AM
Blue eyed funny farm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Girls View Post
I've PM'd GD and asked if she would reconsider coming back. I feel it was important to at least let her know whether she decided to rehome Pheonix or not - we'd all support her as so many members are just concerned on how he's doing.
She doesnt want to come back thats too bad I really hope everything is going well there
Old December 31st, 2006, 09:03 AM
Senior Contributor

We all know GD went through a LOT of trouble rescuing Phoenix,driving to Pennsylvania etc..and I think we can rest assure,wherever Phoenix went,GD did not just hand him over to anyone,without first doing a thourough check and keeping in touch with the new owners.
I too like to see some pics and updates,but I am not concerned or worried,I know GD would only want the best for Phoenix:love:
Unfortunately we lost her and her wonderful crew of furries,but I am definetly not worried,I am sure they are all fine
Old December 31st, 2006, 09:12 AM
An Honest Contributor

Well said Chico I'm sure GD appreciates your input. I totally agree but I also hope she comes back. It's christmas hopefully she's just away.
Old December 31st, 2006, 10:27 AM
Senior Contributor

oh no!! GD left for good? I'm really gonna miss her input and pics of Atti...:sad:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico
I too like to see some pics and updates,but I am not concerned or worried,I know GD would only want the best for Phoenix
When I posted about being worried about Phoenix it wasn't to say I'm worried that GD doesn't want what is best for Phoenix, and I hope it wasn't interpreted that way....I'm worried about Phoenix because he's hurt, and I hope he's healing well, and that everything has calmed down. And I'm also worried about GD herself...it must be so hard to see your beloved pets in pain. A dog fight is truely one of my biggest nighmares, and one of the reasons I don't put more pressure on Nic to get another dog. I don't know what I would do, and I think GD is handling the situation better than most of us would.

I hope GD decides to come back , I think pets.ca losses a knowledgeable member if she leaves for good.