Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old February 15th, 2005, 04:48 PM

Urine Smell

Dexter is a marker and we are working on getting his housebreaking up to par. In the meantime he does have his accidents. We have two steam cleaners one being a professional one but we cant seem to get rid of the smell. Does anyone have some recommended products that have been tested and work? I have tried so many and would love to get some referrals. Thank you from both our noses
Old February 15th, 2005, 07:28 PM
Senior Contributor

Is he lifting his leg on furniture and marking, or is he not housebroken? There's a difference. If he is not neutered, that may be the problem.

A product I'm told truly eliminates urine smells is Nature's Miracle, which you can get at the pet store.
Old February 16th, 2005, 12:56 AM

Hes housebroken to a certain extent. I am really watching him and have him down to a schedule. I suspect his previous owners let him eliminate in the house as he does not give warning signs. Since he has been going Ozzy has been going. Today we had no accidents so lets help this continues. He sleeps through the night in his crate and does not eliminate in there I think he is understanding the schedule. He did mark when he first got here, but it has since stopped. He is going in for his neuter next week with my old vet about an hour away, hes also getting a check to see if he was given vaccinations from his previous owners as she did not give me any information. Pray for little Dexter and his surgery.