Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old April 30th, 2009, 08:12 AM

Oxygen therapy for animals

Hi everyone, I've just found the forum after being told by the vet, that my 8yrs old manx cat ,Harry,has got a tumour in front of his heart, this is causing inflamation of the heart. After trawling though the internet, looking for a treatment that may work without causing too many side effects, I came across Oxygen Therapy but I can only find info about humans. The recommended application is by using hydrogen peroxide diluted with water and fed orally. Has anyone had any experience of this with animals, not necessarily cats and has it worked for you.
Thank you in advance for any help you may give.
Sandman.
Old April 30th, 2009, 08:14 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Have you talked to a veterinary oncologist? They might be able to give you more information on treatment options or at least give you some information on treatments you read about on the net

I hope you find something to help Harry and he's better soon!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old May 2nd, 2009, 08:02 AM

Thank you for your reply,I really don't want him to go through chemo or radio therapy but have looked on the web for my nearest oncology centre and have found a world class one at Liverpool University which is close by. I'll contact them and see if I can get anywhere. I'll let you know how everything goes.
Thanks once again Sandman.
Old May 2nd, 2009, 09:53 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

for a good discussion with the oncology vets! Stick to your guns but keep an open mind--they may have a treatment option you haven't thought of.

Best wishes for you and Harry! And please do keep us updated

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Tags
alternative treatments, cancer, cats, health, natural cures