Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum

Old July 13th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Senior Contributor

Fighting PMS with chocolate

I knew the ladies - actually, the guys probably - on the board would want to check out this Washington Post story today headlined: "An Ounce Of Prevention, Or a Few Pounds Of Cure."

Every once in a while, a product comes along that is so cunningly conceived and so flawlessly executed that the only proper response is reverent awe.

The ThighMaster comes to mind. So do the novels of Dan Brown. And here's the Wonder Bar, a chocolate treat in pink-and-white packaging sold by a New Jersey company called Ecco Bella.

This 1.75-ounce slab of genius was on display this week at the Fancy Food Show, a massive expo for companies selling the tasty victuals that wind up on the shelves of specialty stores around the world. There was row upon row of artisanal cheese, exotic meats, jams, breads, flavored water, cookies and something billed as non-dessert cheesecake. One company was promoting a bone-shaped breath mint for people who want to snuggle with their dogs. (Yes. For people. ) There were about 160,000 items at the show, which is geared to retailers and distributors.

All of it seemed positively ho-hum compared with the Wonder Bar.

Are you sitting?

It's chocolate that is specially formulated to help women alleviate the symptoms of PMS.

Would you like a moment to process that?

It's a hunk of chocolate, designed specifically to alleviate the effects of premenstrual syndrome. (More than, say, a Snickers bar already does.) The irritability, the anxiety, the moodiness -- all of it is allegedly soothed by the Wonder Bar, at $3.69 a pop. As it says on the wrapper, "Take sweet revenge on PMS, menopause & everyday cravings with this delicious Swiss chocolate, rose oil, herbs and soy."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...071202076.html

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca
Old July 13th, 2006, 03:12 PM

Yeah, just what the men want- our pmsed selves stuffing our faces with chocolate so they don't get in trouble so much.

Seriously though, if men decide to buy this for their women, they'd better be sure to buy it in the middle of the month.
Old July 13th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Senior Contributor

reminds me of when Ray Ramone on everybody loves Raymond brought home pills for Debra's PMS at the wrong time. He thought also if he taped her to show her what she sounds like she would understand....lol ya no didnt work. That was a classic episode!
Old July 13th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Honest Contributor

ROTFLMAO!! ooooh i miss Raymond... one of the best sicoms around! that being said, bring on the chocolate, any chocolate, when that one week per month hits and the body is screaming for sugar! "or else"

aaahhh... i feel better already !!

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints.

:love: ~Akitas Are Love~ :love:

Last edited by technodoll; July 13th, 2006 at 04:56 PM.
Old July 13th, 2006, 05:21 PM
Senior Contributor

Ahhhh! What women have known all along and now some man thinks he's discovered and trying to market. My hubby will never forget the first time I was being irritable and he sweetly asked me if I needed a couple Midol! Men really just need to work on their presentation more!
Old July 13th, 2006, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmypit
reminds me of when Ray Ramone on everybody loves Raymond brought home pills for Debra's PMS at the wrong time. He thought also if he taped her to show her what she sounds like she would understand....lol ya no didnt work. That was a classic episode!
I love that episode!
Old July 13th, 2006, 05:25 PM
Senior Contributor

If you think it is bad now, wait a few years when they go into pre menopause, you better have that chocolate on hand almost every day of the month