Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old August 5th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Garden nut

Found kitten in Gaspe Quebec

Found a little white male kitten. He's not neutered.

He's very friendly and we can't seem to find out the owner. He may be a country dump. :sad:

I have an ad in the local website bulletin board. And will contact a few other locals to see what can be done.
Attached Images

Sandy Belle Sheeba - born 11/14/07 at 12:30 pm Linx Jasper
Old August 5th, 2009, 02:08 PM
-

He is gorgeous.

I can't imagine why anyone would want to dump the little guy so hopefully his owners can be found.
Old August 5th, 2009, 02:09 PM
-

Since he has blue eyes, is he showing any signs of deafness?
Old August 5th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Garden nut

No deafness.

He's got tiny lines on his head. One of his parents or grandparents may have been a tabby.
Old August 5th, 2009, 09:33 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

He is gorgeous! I hope you can find his family!

How old is he, can you tell?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old August 5th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Garden nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
He is gorgeous! I hope you can find his family!

How old is he, can you tell?
Oh gosh he's tiny. I imagine he's only a few months old. I'm no expert.
Old August 6th, 2009, 01:15 AM

Gorgeous little guy

Any thought of keeping him if he has no one come forward to claim him?

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old August 6th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Garden nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler View Post
Gorgeous little guy

Any thought of keeping him if he has no one come forward to claim him?
We cannot.

Supposedly there is an official chapter of SPCA here now according to Buddy's owner but I don't think they even have a building yet. The ladies said they had been getting a lot of donations from as far away as Ontario. I sent those ladies an email with the kitten's picture. Haven't heard anything yet from the local postings and emails.

Plus Linx is too sensitive and just now, after almost two years, getting used to the dogs being around. Another cat would not be good for Linx and make him very unhappy.

So I'm trying to find the kitten a home.
Old August 6th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Senior Contributor

Have you checked to see if he is chipped? I assume you put a found report with your spca. Also do you have a city shelter that deal with Animal Control. Some spcas do not handle animal control, which includes taking in stray animals. You might want to fill out a found report with them as well, if there is one.

I would put up posters in the area as well. And we don't know if he has been dumped.

Keep us posted.

ACO22
Old August 6th, 2009, 02:34 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CearaQC View Post
So I'm trying to find the kitten a home.
If his owners can't be found I think that L4H should bring him home for Sweet Pea.
Old August 6th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Garden nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO22 View Post
Have you checked to see if he is chipped? I assume you put a found report with your spca. Also do you have a city shelter that deal with Animal Control. Some spcas do not handle animal control, which includes taking in stray animals. You might want to fill out a found report with them as well, if there is one.

I would put up posters in the area as well. And we don't know if he has been dumped.

Keep us posted.

ACO22
We first saw him two weeks ago but Sheeba chased him off because she thought he was a new squeaky toy and the other day was the first time he came close enough for me to feed him. Some small kids in the neighborhood and an adult went around asking if it belonged to anyone. No one claimed the kitten. They tried to catch kitty but it scratched and bit them. Probably because they don't know how to handle cats. He hasn't scratched me at all!

He's thin. A bit too thin in my opinion and was THIRSTY and starving. Should have seen him go after that food.

I saw him poop tonite and don't see any worms. But that doesn't mean much.

This is Gaspe. A small community. Most people here probably don't even know that chips exist for pets. They are more interested in beer, driving 4x4s in the woods and hunting.

I emailed the two women responsible for setting up the supposed SPCA. Haven't heard anything back from them. They helped me get Sandy. Contacted a few others and received no phone calls.

There is no animal shelter facility or building in this area at all. No animal control officers. Usually animals are dumped at the dump down the road and left to fend for themselves or be shot by hunters or cops who feel sorry for them.

This is in the country. There are no places to put up flyers. That would have to be done in the town which is several kilometers away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
If his owners can't be found I think that L4H should bring him home for Sweet Pea.
LOL I don't think anyone would be willing to drive 12 hours from Montreal and then back again to get to L4H.

I gotta find him a home locally.
Old August 6th, 2009, 05:57 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

What a cutie! Looks just like my Pepe did when he was a tiny baby. Thank you for taking him in.
Old August 6th, 2009, 07:10 PM
-

Quote:
LOL I don't think anyone would be willing to drive 12 hours from Montreal and then back again to get to L4H.

LOL .....I think if L4H really wanted him the amazing people on this forum would somehow find a way to get him to her and Sweet Pea.
Old August 6th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
, My heart did melt when I saw him. :sad:

Maybe chico can have another Vinnie Just only allow DH in the room with one white kitty at a time.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old August 6th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:

Quote:
LOL .....I think if L4H really wanted him the amazing people on this forum would somehow find a way to get him to her and Sweet Pea.
Where there's will there's a way. People on this forum always step up to the plate for this poor lost souls.

But I really think I have reached my limit with 4 .

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old August 6th, 2009, 07:36 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
But I really think I have reached my limit with 4 .
It's really a shame that you don't live closer so Sweet Pea could meet him.
Old August 9th, 2009, 07:21 AM
Garden nut

Update

This little guy is a holy terror! lol In a cute way of course. I trimmed his front claws a bit so he wouldn't scratch doggie eyes and noses but he's been doing lots of slapping. And attacking legs as I walk past.

So my brother in law was having a yard sale next door on Friday. Some people came over and looked at all my flowers and then I was asked to go out and say what this or that plant was.

Before they left I said, "want a kitten?" And they told me a story of a white kitten that was sold in the local pet shop and not seen since. So SOMEONE bought this kitten. Why he was outside for two weeks, thirsty and hungry, I don't know. But the kitten got loose before they came here and I couldn't find him.

Found him again last night and going to call the people today and see if they can come ID him as the same kitten or not.

Maybe we will get down to who is really responsible for this kitten.
Old August 9th, 2009, 07:54 AM

Good luck! How many lost white kittens can there be in a small place
By the sounds of it he is quite the character and maybe bolted out the door for an adventure.
Old August 9th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Senior Contributor

OMG,what a beautiful little boy,how can anybody dump him:sad:
My Vinnie was also a foundling,but he was only 12 weeks old,a couple of my friends found him.
I would love to have him,but that's a big NO from hubby and I know he is right:sad:
I realize you don't have the conveniences we have here,but please try to keep him safe until someone can help him
Being white,he sticks out like a sore thumb for any predator out there,I know Vinnie tries,but he just cannot hide anywhere,or sneak up on any prey,except in the winter.
for the little sweet-heart
Old August 9th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Garden nut

Well a man came over earlier this morning to bring me a plant and he said that the kitten was not likely the same one they remember seeing before at the pet store. But we're supposed to go over there this afternoon to see their gardens today and I'll take the kitten along. Maybe we can convince someone over there to give him a home.

If they can't take him, we can't afford to have him neutered and vaccinated. At least not until after Christmas and by then he would be spraying. We have house taxes to pay. Hubby says we could keep him if we could only get him neutered. Linx is not happy at all but he's always grumpy. And the kitten keeps attacking dog tails and when the dogs turn around to see what's going on they get slapped in the nose.

Yes there are coyote packs in the woods. Heard them howling all winter. This little guy can't be an outdoor kitty. Some eagle or coyote will get him.

So will see how everything goes this afternoon.
Old August 9th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Senior Contributor

Ceara,I hope someone can give him a good home,he is just so adorableand if he lets you clip his nails,he must be a wonderful kitty.
He surely would not survive long out there on his own:sad:
You don't know how much I wish I could take him
Old August 9th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Garden nut

Well we hauled him around this afternoon to see some people. No home yet. But now we have more people in on the search. And he's going to be on Facebook somewhere. They took pics.

The girls weren't happy that we were gone so long. :sad: Sheeba nearly knocked me over when we got home.
Old August 11th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Garden nut

Another update.

Got an email saying the owners are known and they will be getting a telephone call tonight from the newly formed local chapter of the SPCA (that still does not have a building to function so it's basically in name only). His name is Snowflake, but in French.

She said that if the owners aren't particularly interested in keeping the cat, she asked would we give him a home after he was neutered and we said OK.

So right now, maybe the owners want to keep him or maybe they don't. At any rate I think the owners are responsible for paying vet fees for neuter and shots regardless of the outcome. They became responsible once they purchased him at the pet shop in my opinion. They should not let a neon white cat roam around near the woods like that or he'll be lunch for a wild critter.

As small as he is, we've seen him spray now. So he definitely needs the snip snip.

Will let you know the outcome.
Old August 11th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Senior Contributor

Ceara,Ihe'll be neutered and you get to keep him,that would be the very best outcome for this little beauty
White kitties are little angels,mine right now,is kneading his claws in to my bare leg
Old August 11th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
Ceara,Ihe'll be neutered and you get to keep him,that would be the very best outcome for this little beauty
White kitties are little angels,mine right now,is kneading his claws in to my bare leg
They are, aren't they

I too hope for the best possilbe outcome for this sweetie.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old August 11th, 2009, 05:45 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Fingers crossed for Snowflake. And if you get to keep him are you going to change his name??? Please....
Old August 18th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Garden nut

Ok another update.

The town definitely has a SPCA chapter now, but it's in name only because they don't have a building or facility yet. They've sold stuff for fundraising but are having a heck of a time finding a place to work.

Here's their Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...d=125011610992

So anyway they called the owners of the kitten and it turns out he belongs to people that live down the road. I don't know how they found the owners, but it's a small town and people talk. I was told that the owners said, "oh he comes and goes and we don't see him for days at a time." So obviously they don't care what happens to him.

I set him loose after he sprayed and hoped he would go home. (And no one answered my ads to claim him. It was also on the local radio. The only people that called or contacted me through the internet were those involved with the rescue group.)

If I can capture him, donations will take care of his vet bills. I got confirmation last night after one of the ladies telephoned me.

So give your and that I can find the little bugger again and hope that he hasn't been eaten by coyotes or something else. I was out several hours last night calling him before the rain drove me in. He always came around in the evenings. Will continue looking and calling every few hours and hope for the best. I have others looking out for him as well. I had food out there but my cat Linx keeps eating it when he goes out for hunting expeditions.
Old August 18th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Senior Contributor

good luck on finding him, I sure hope you do, were you not scared of the coyotes or any critter getting him when you let him loose?? I'd have been terrified, I get scared for my chipmunks when the hawks are circling *L* I hope you get to keep him.
Old August 18th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Garden nut

Coyotes aren't close to the houses right now but that may change once winter sets in and they don't have anything to eat. They've already eaten all the partridge and other wildlife. Haven't seen any deer either. And something happened this year and there are NO APPLES on the trees anywhere. I have not heard any howling since February.

As long as we can get him in before winter, or before the hares turn white, so the hunters don't accidentally shoot him thinking he's a hare instead of a kitty.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 12:08 PM
Garden nut

I found him!!

Tomorrow he's getting appointment made for vaccination.