Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old March 4th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Slave to Tonks

Mission BC - Two Labs need a home

I came across this on my work "Pet talk" account. Hopefully these two can find a home together. The italics are comments from a person who originally posted it on the "pet talk" board.

Let me know if you want the contact information and I'll private it to you.

Spread the word.....these two labs need a home......sigh........They are located in Mission.** Info and photos below.

Unfortunately, I have still not been able to find a good home for Cookie and Coco. We're not able
to take our beloved doggies with us and I've been desperately trying to find a home for both of them 'together'. They were raised together and pine without each other. The Lab rescue
has already said that they would probably separate them, so this is my last resort. Recently I tried to take Coco out in my car alone and she TOTALLY refused to even get into the car without
Cookie...!!!! She absolutely pulled back on her haunches until Cookie was by her side. Both doggies are in great health, have been spayed and have ID chips implanted
under the skin. Cookie turned 3 December 10th and Coco will be 3 April 1st. Cookie is my
mellow-yellow, and just loves her tummy rubbed. Coco is adorably funny and lives for her "ball". She also loves the water..... Cookie loves lots of attention. Both doggies are
loyal and love to walk. They have been raised with my 3 kids running around all over the place, and have survived Sammy's constant hugging and love of 'dress-up', so they are
fantastic family dogs. This is by far one of the most difficult decisions I have ever had to make, but under the circumstances I have no choice. Please, Please forward these pics to all you know and help me find a great home for these fabulous doggies. They are just adorable and
it's heartbreaking to let them go. In a perfect world, I hope that we could find someone local so that we can still keep in touch and visit them. I pray that someone, somewhere can help
us keep Cookie and Coco together, and love them just as much as we do. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.
Attached Images

Old March 4th, 2009, 11:06 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

So what's the reason for this one? They are so sweet. And still young!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old March 4th, 2009, 11:35 PM

This one has been making the rounds for a little while. The dogs have a new home, however it is interesting that their location has been anywhere from BC to Florida to Rhode Island (they were actually in Los Angeles area).

See http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/cookiecoco.asp
Old March 5th, 2009, 12:24 AM

that's weird! A friend of mine sent that to me. Was it a hoax or for real??? I'm confused
Lovey - Female Fawn Boxer (RESCUE)
Anakin - Male Brindle Boxer (RESCUE)

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. - Mohandas Gandhi -

~Until there are none, rescue one ~

Boxer Rescue - www.rescueaboxer.com
Scentsy - www.ilovescents.ca
Old March 5th, 2009, 12:43 AM

According to the snopes report it was real in Jan 09 but in LA and the dogs have a new home now.

These kinds of emails pop up all the time - like the one last year about the box of pups found on the side of the road someone was keeping in their basement - that one has been circulating for years with pics

It's sad that people may overlook a legitimate plea for help because they will wonder if it is real or not

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old March 6th, 2009, 12:55 AM
Slave to Tonks

This is quite frustrating. I often read posts of people trying to rehome their pets on the "Pet Talk". How can one discern between truth, half-truths and fiction?
Old April 20th, 2009, 01:16 PM

I am interested, we've been looking for an older Lab to adopt, two are even better. We have 87 acres and a loving home and have been without a Lab since our old girl left this world two years a go.
Old April 20th, 2009, 01:28 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Vickers View Post
I am interested, we've been looking for an older Lab to adopt, two are even better. We have 87 acres and a loving home and have been without a Lab since our old girl left this world two years a go.
Did you read post #3 ?

It is great that you were willing to adopt both dogs together. Have you and your family gone to the spca or any shelters/rescues in your area? There are always lots of dogs looking for forever homes.

Good luck and don't forget to post when you find a new fuzzbutt.