Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 3rd, 2012, 08:03 PM

Saying Hello

Hello, joined the message board for information and talk out some things. Recently had one of my cats returned to me, after giving them up a couple of years ago due to circumstances.

His name is Simba, 9 year old short hair brown/gray tabby. He has a sister called Sandy of the same age and breed. Whatever the reasons was for giving them up and finding them new homes, it has been one of my biggest guilts. I failed them, before and after. I had them for six years, home was safe and stable when living in one city, yet got chaotic when moving to another, moving once or twice a year. I was hoping I could find them more stable and safe home, yet along with still moving around, kept changing owners. Tried keeping track of where they gone to when I can, and always let them know I can help if something happens to them or circumstances change.

Last year, they went with one friend only for her to move few months afterwards and leaving them with the roommate. Couple of months ago, I hear from the friend that the ex-roommate was moving to another city and was looking for a home for them, and asked if I could at least foster them in the meantime. I said yes, but friend has not heard from ex-roomie after letting her know. This past wednesday, I get a message by someone who found my linkedin profile that they found Simba rummaging in her garbage, in town hour or so away north of the city. Fortunately she is a cat person, and had him checked out at her vet, where they scanned his chip and found my outdated contact info. She came to the city and dropped him off, which makes both happy yet full of guilt for failing him. At present, status of his sister Sandy is unknown, awaiting news from my friend who is trying to reach the ex-roomie to know where and whom she brought them. Either Simba was let out and ran off, or they were abandoned, and Sandy maybe still in that town on the street somewhere.

Simba is relatively in good health, smaller than when I was saw him (was overweight), but aside from smaller waist, still looks more in full form, suggesting been on the street for a few to several weeks, not eating well. Since being here, he has vomited about hour after each time he eats, which were small portions to adjust him to eating properly again. He looks and is doing well before and after vomiting, wanting to eat soon afterwards. Base on what I read of symptoms, he may have worms or intestinal parasites from the bad eating outside. The person who found him said she has not seen him vomit, yet she let him go outside and may have done so out of sight. Yet no worms from the vomit or feces.

Not in the most ideal financially presently, with almost remaining funds from current budget getting essentials for him, reading up on what I can do to help him until more funds become available, including getting checked out by a vet. Trying to do the 12 hour of no feeding to help purge, but keeps seeking my attention for food or go to our garbage. Yet when he eats, vomits afterwards. :/

While my own circumstances is better than two years ago, not most ideal of timing financially, and one roommate is allergic (so far no problem) yet knows better to argue or force the point presently knowing my history with Simba and what he has gone through. I am inclined to keep, and do right by him, to not continue to fail him.

So yes, thank you for reading.