Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 5th, 2012, 06:36 PM

Advice Needed... Patches on Dog's body

Hi everyone,
I really hope someone here can give me some advice. I have an 8 year old chihuahua/terrier dog and he has been have serious skin issues for many months now.
It's been almost a year now.... It started when I noticed little bumps under his fur, all over his back. Yellow puss was forming underneath these bumps to a points where little bunches of hair starting coming off. It seemed like allergies to me. We were recommended Prescription Diet Zd I believe. He loved the food and while his coat was nicer and softer, the food did not help.
I took him to the vet a first time and she put him on anti biotics and a strict diet on this same food. While the anti biotics helped a bit, the patches started getting bigger and bigger. Took him for a second time and more antibiotics. This went on for quite a while. She told me to wash him with medical shampoo three times a week. Didn't help either. The patches keep forming, then new hair comes in, but then another patch pops up else where.
My dog doesn't seem in pain at all but he looks sad and diseased yellow puss and patches are not going away. See photo.
If anyone has any insight please let me know. The vet doesn't seem to be helping and over run out of solutions.
Thank you so much!
Attached Images