Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings

Old March 21st, 2006, 12:41 PM
Senior Contributor

Great news!!!!!

I hope the home is qualified!!!
Old March 21st, 2006, 09:29 PM
Senior Contributor

Well I spoke to the lady and she sounds great...she'll be here on Saturday. I also told her about Pets.ca and she will log on to see the sisters. I will eventually tell her that we want to see pictures every once in a while...I don't want to scare by telling her yet though...
Old March 21st, 2006, 09:42 PM

SSH!!! EVERYBODY SSSH!!!! No JINXING!

Old March 24th, 2006, 07:44 PM
Senior Contributor

Unhappy update

Well the lady that was going to be perfect person for the sistersj ust backed out because of medical reasons. Her husband didn't want to hurt her feelings knowing how much she wanted the cats, but when it got close to the intros I guess he opened up and told her how he really felt....sorry catsnatcher...I'll keep trying
Old March 24th, 2006, 08:07 PM

:sad: OH Well!
Thanks for trying cpietra. But at least it happened now instead of a few months down the road.
Old March 24th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Senior Contributor

Would you consider taking these two cats to an adoption day?
Old March 24th, 2006, 10:23 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Would you consider taking these two cats to an adoption day?
I did invite them to the pet fair tomorrow, but cpietra says one of them wouldn't do well there.

I HATE taking cats to adoption events too, but the way we look at it is one day of stress would be well worth a lifetime in a loving home....
Old March 25th, 2006, 06:58 AM
Senior Contributor

I look at it the same way as you Lucky

One time I was doing a cat adoption day this adult female toritse shell cat was being horrible, she was hissing and spitting at everyone! We took her cage and put her in an area where she would be alone so she could calm down abit. There was a lady looking to adopt a cat, she was about to adopt this beautiful carmel cat who was very sweet and loving.

When she was filling out the papers for the adopton she saw the toriste shell cat in an area all alone, she asked about her. I explained how nervous she was in a cage and she was hissing and spititng but normally she wasn't like that.

The lady decide to adopt the toriste shell cat since no one would ever adopt a cat like that but everyone would want to adopt the carmel cat. She took the toristeshell cat home and few minutes later someone else adopted the carmel cat. Happy ending for both cats.
Old March 25th, 2006, 07:03 AM
Senior Contributor

I did appreciate the offer LR and PT...I may have to do it, I will talk to CASCA and make sure they're OK with it too. The lady seemed so nice and so sure...oh well I still have my
Old March 25th, 2006, 07:59 AM
Senior Contributor

CPietra,I was sooo hoping it would work out for the sisters:sad: as was everyone else I'm sure.
But maybe since the husband did not approve,it might not have been a good home for the girls.
I wish people would understand,cats in carriers are not behaving like they normally would.
My 3 absolute love-bugs,although they don't hiss and growl,are terrified when in their carriers,not to mention how they would be with total strangers gawking at them:sad:
Old March 25th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
The lady decide to adopt the toriste shell cat since no one would ever adopt a cat like
Yes, we had two people in the last year adopt cats because they knew no one else would want them. These people are very special and rare, but they're out there!

Chico, our cats aren't in carriers. They are in large dog crates, covered at the top and sides, and they have blankets, beds, litterbox and food/water.

Some cats can tolerate only a short period of time, in which case we have the foster take them home in an hour or so especially if they are the hissy/spitty type.
Old March 25th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Senior Contributor

Lucky,I have a friend like that,a retired Navy-man and his Swedish wife,they have 5 unwanted cats and have always had 5 cats,older,some with problems,as one passes on,they will get the one who has been the longest at HS,no matter what he/she looks like:love:
I asked if he would consider CPietras declawed girls,but he's devoted to the cats at our HS.
Old March 27th, 2006, 08:52 PM
Senior Contributor

Cptiera,

Did you get any other phone calls for the cats? If you got phone calls for people only wanting 1 cat, maybe it could be a good lead for Catsnatcher and her 5 cats?
Old March 27th, 2006, 09:31 PM
Senior Contributor

Chico I respect your point of view...I am devoted to the cats in any province that I am currently in...they all need saving.

Poodletalk...feel free to PM catsnatcher. She knows that as soon as I find a good home I can take her's in....if you think you might be able to help her please please please help.
Old March 28th, 2006, 07:09 AM
Senior Contributor

I am helping Catsnatcher find a home for her five cats. I placed an add last summer in the Gazette for a cat I rescued, my phone rang off the hook.

Some of the people weren't a fit for the cat I rescued but they were a good fits for other cats or kittens. I held onto their name and number and I placed other cats with them when I got them. I tried to work all the leads I got for the gazette since it was so expensive to place an announcement.

Actually, I placed one Catsnatchers kittens she rescued with one of the leads I worked. I also placed a Senior Cat with a Senior lady from the SPCA Monteregie for the advertisment in the gazette.

I was wondering if you got phone calls, but weren't the right fits for the two cats, but could have been fits for other cats. If so, maybe Catsnatcher can call them up and talk about Charlie or the other cats. She always has plenty of animals to help out, I am wondering about the other phone calls.

Last edited by poodletalk; March 28th, 2006 at 10:26 AM.
Old March 28th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Senior Contributor

Poodletalk, the calls that CASCA got were all regarding 2 cats, because that's what was in the newspaper. When people called they new that we were not going to seperate them...I too am trying to help with catsnatchers cats. I know a few cat lovers who've I just met that would like to help. I'll let catsnatcher know of any updates. Thanks again