Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old February 20th, 2005, 06:50 PM

Newbie Here

I found this site today only after we had a tragedy in our family. It was our cat that we had for almost sixteen years. I want to say hi to everyone and hope that I can help othere that are in the same situation that I am in today. So for now let me end here and Thanks for being here.....Cal
Old February 20th, 2005, 07:00 PM
And Zoodle's Mom!

Sorry for your loss Cal. It's too bad you couldn't have joined the board under better circumstances. If you stick around, we'll all be here to help you out and give you support.
Old February 20th, 2005, 07:05 PM
Senior Contributor

Cal, I'm sorry you lost your cat, that is a long time to have a feline family member.
Welcome here at any rate, even under sad circumstances. It doesn't get any easier, but the pain of loss fades over time. Speaking from experience.
Old February 20th, 2005, 08:37 PM
Senior Contributor

Welcome to the board! And I'm sorry to hear about your cat also. Stick around. There are always smiles and tears being shared by a neat group of great pet-lovers!
Old February 20th, 2005, 08:44 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

Welcome to the board, and I am so sorry for your loss. :sad:

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old February 21st, 2005, 05:12 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliper
I found this site today only after we had a tragedy in our family. It was our cat that we had for almost sixteen years.
Very sorry to hear about your cat, they do tend to become a member of the family and 16 years....wow.. he/she must have had a good life....again very sorry for your loss

Welcome, this is a great place for support :love:
Old February 21st, 2005, 09:03 AM

First , let me say thank you for all the kind words. Yes he did have a good like, we used to call him the KING as he had our undivided attention and would not allow us to become associated (cant call us their owners, they most times are the BOSS )with any other animals especially cats. We have a neighbor that has 2 dogs one a lab mix and the other a shephard mix as well as three cats. People in the neighborhood think the dogs ar ours as they spend most of their time by us and I guess the fact that we give them treats brings them here. Romeo tolerated them from inside the house when they were out on the deck but the sighting of the cat on the deck he would spit and tell him to get lost. We tried one time when he was young to bring a stray into the house during a snowstorm but that did not work. We gave the little guy shelter in the garage but after a couple of days he or she didnt stick around. Maybe that was all for the best. As far as we are concerned it will get easier to accept even though time seems to stand still during this period. Thanks again everyone and yes I am here to stay and allow others to use my shoulder to lean on. Cal....
Old March 3rd, 2005, 10:07 AM

sorry Cal

Cal ssry bout ur cat..i sure know what you're going thru..within 18 mos. i had to let 3 of my dogs go to sleep..2 within a month of each other..we have 160 acres of land ..so we have our own little pet cemetary here. Also my girlfriend had her dog buried here too. Topaz_n29
Old March 3rd, 2005, 05:44 PM
Buddy

Welcome to the site, and soooo sorry about your kitty!