Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Thank you - Heros big and small

Old September 24th, 2008, 05:54 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Another Huge Thank You!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you Chris!!!!!! I tell you, I left your house feeling like it was Christmas!! My kitties are going to be sooooo warm this winter with all of the blankets and comforters and the FUR COAT you gave me!! WONDERFUL!!!!!!! I think I have enough now between you and Chico that they will fill almost every spot I have!
The fur coat will be cut up and put into some hidey holes in the new cat house we are building. The lucky kitties will think they have died and gone to heaven. AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!
And the huge bag of food!!!!!!! Guess what they got as a snack when I got home? Loved it!!!!!!!!!!

I love your house. Your dogs are fantastic!!!! And your kitties.... OMG!!!!!!!! Kale And Herbie!!!! What a big lovebug!! LOVE everything!!! Even you!!

Thank you one more time!! You are amazing!!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old September 24th, 2008, 06:07 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

I also have to say a huge THANK YOU to kr!!!! You are a wonderful driver today! I would never have been able to do that drive on my own. Even with the styrofoam insulation flying at us you didn't lose your cool!!! ATTA GIRL!!!!
I really enjoy our time together, even if I am the OLD girl and you are the YOUNG chick!!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old September 24th, 2008, 08:04 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Sounds like a lovely trip. So did Chris take any pictures? Eh?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old September 24th, 2008, 08:35 PM
150% PRO S/N

Chris didn't. Dummy me forgot my camera again! But kr remembered hers. I think she got pics of the puppers and Kale. Hopefully she will be on later to post.
It was a lovely trip. Just not a long enough visit. :sad:

Old September 24th, 2008, 08:39 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
My kitties are going to be sooooo warm this winter with all of the blankets and comforters and the FUR COAT
That is it ! I'm moving into the catuary !
Old September 24th, 2008, 09:58 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
That is it ! I'm moving into the catuary !
hehe Frenchy! Once the new house is built I may be moving in too!!

Old September 25th, 2008, 12:37 AM
-

What a wonderful thing for Chris to do.

I'm glad you all had a good visit.

Now where's the pics? ........
Old September 25th, 2008, 06:22 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
I would never have been able to do that drive on my own. Even with the styrofoam insulation flying at us you didn't lose your cool!!! ATTA GIRL!!!!

Was that on the 401? Way to go krdahmer!

Chris, how kind of you

Now where's the pics ?

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old September 25th, 2008, 07:20 AM
150% PRO S/N

I am sure kr will be on today to upload pics

L4H - the insulation was on the 407. A pick up was loaded with it and he started losing it. At first kr thought it was glass because when it hit the road it shattered. When we got closer we realized it was insulation. One piece hit the hood and window (my side) and put a good scrape on the hood. It can be rubbed out. The guy stopped and checked what was left of his insulation but didn't bother to try to pick up any of the stuff on the highway. I hope it didn't cause problems for other drivers although I am sure it did.

Old September 25th, 2008, 07:27 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

That must have been scary

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old September 25th, 2008, 07:27 AM
Senior Contributor

14+,wow,it sounds like you had a great time and a bigto Chris for being so generous to all your kitties
I missed that whole trip:sad:
Looking forward to pics from kr!!
Old September 25th, 2008, 07:30 AM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

so kr is not only a sweetie but a stunt driver too. So i think you should phone kr and wake her up and tell her we're all waiting for pictures.
Old September 25th, 2008, 07:31 AM
150% PRO S/N

Chico - it was wonderful!! I have met some truly fantastic people through this site. You are one of them.
I am still trying to get things arranged to have everyone down for an afternoon.

Chris is a wonderful person. Her pups are hilarious! And the ponds behind her house.......

Old September 25th, 2008, 07:34 AM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
so kr is not only a sweetie but a stunt driver too. So i think you should phone kr and wake her up and tell her we're all waiting for pictures.

Don't think so!!!!! kr's hubby left at midnight last night. I am sure she was up late saying bye to him.

Old September 25th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Senior Contributor

14+arranging a meet-up would be great,I never seem to get my butt in gear to drive to Grimsby,there is always something stupid coming up
Old September 25th, 2008, 07:39 AM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

so kr and 14+ should come to your house, then you bring them here, and Sil can come and meg and diandpat, and ummmmm other people too.
Old September 25th, 2008, 08:05 AM
-

The pleasure was all mine, would have liked the visit to have been longer though :sad:. It would be great if in the Spring we can get a trip organized to invade L4H, something for us all to look forward to after our long oh so dreary winter Thankyou for all you do for these kitties 14k, I only wish I could do more.
Old September 25th, 2008, 08:09 AM
-

Quote:
I love your house.
Don't let her mislead you folks, we have real nice wallpaper, "dry wall with plaster" It's true :sad:
Old September 25th, 2008, 08:10 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
Don't let her mislead you folks, we have real nice wallpaper, "dry wall with plaster" It's true :sad:
oh so it's decorated just like my bedroom, i'm getting used to the look now.
Old September 25th, 2008, 09:30 AM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
The pleasure was all mine, would have liked the visit to have been longer though :sad:. It would be great if in the Spring we can get a trip organized to invade L4H, something for us all to look forward to after our long oh so dreary winter Thankyou for all you do for these kitties 14k, I only wish I could do more.

You did lots mf!!!! I will have happy cats out in the houses because of your and Chico's blankies. And the fur coat will make great spots for them to curl up on when it is cut up.
to you from all of my babies and me.

Old September 25th, 2008, 09:31 AM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
The wallpaper may well be drywall with plaster but the beautiful artwork on them makes up for that and more! And living in an old church that has been converted! WONDERFUL!!!!

Old September 25th, 2008, 09:34 AM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
so kr and 14+ should come to your house, then you bring them here, and Sil can come and meg and diandpat, and ummmmm other people too.

Hey brat! Did you miss the part where I said I was trying to have people down to MY place? Geesh!!!!
Hubby has promised me a new fence and new house within a couple of weeks so.......... we shall see.

Old September 25th, 2008, 10:13 AM
-

brat:sad: i was just sniff sniff, considering those that live far far away...think she's falling for it...

Fine i'll just take my sniffle drugs and wander around all silly...
Old September 25th, 2008, 10:18 AM
150% PRO S/N

You were included in the visit here too silly! I hear you are visiting Chris soon, yes? So once you find out where she is you can pop by and get her on your way here! And Chico can come from her place or you can pop in and get her too but that would mean backtracking. kr comes the other way. We will get it all figured out soon!!

I just reread the other post I made saying hubby promised me a new fence and house. I meant cat house, not a "real" house.

Old September 25th, 2008, 10:20 AM
-

ummm crackhead, the pills were for when i come to your house (antihistamines) and bigger silly, chris lives way north east of me, i am between chico2 and chris.
Old September 25th, 2008, 10:23 AM
150% PRO S/N

Ewww, name calling now are we???
Crackhead? Never tried it.
Yes, I know Chris is past you. Took us and hour and a half yesterday. Not bad at all. What? You don't like long drives??
Yep, you need tons and tons of antihistamines around my place. I can't wait to see you wandering around in a haze.

Old September 25th, 2008, 10:24 AM
-

:sad:i'm soooo not feeling the love, now why would i drive an hour to her place, back an hour add an hour to you then do it all again. you've been into my anitihistamines haven't you.
Old September 25th, 2008, 10:42 AM
150% PRO S/N

Awww, need a ?

'Cause you love us???

Yep, yep, gotta love those drug induced hazes while I am on my way to work.

Gotta go................

Old September 25th, 2008, 11:10 AM
~Cat Servent~

Ok ok... so I'm up and there are pics now... and don't expect any of Chris.... she swore me to secrecy with those!

I did sleep in, but hubby was gone when I got home, so I stayed up to watch the Sexand the City movie... (which was awesome!)

Had a great time also Chris.... next time I'll come armed with antihistamines so I can stay longer!!! (I have a big hive/itchy welt on my hand today... nave no idea what from! but petting all those critters was worth it!!)

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old September 25th, 2008, 11:13 AM
-

lol, we got to see part of chris in one of the pics...kr soak the offending hive in baking soda and water, it's gonna itch right at first then go away.