Old August 12th, 2009, 08:32 PM

Lost Dog- Angus

Members,

This is my first post and simply put, I am completely heartbroken! I need everyone in the Angus and surrounding area to please help me find my three year old Basset/Beagle mix, Molly. Molly is a very friendly but slightly timid girl, who was being house sat by my brother in law in the Centre Street and 5th Line area in Angus. She is from Toronto and had only been up there for a few days, so really has no recolection of the area.

I have been up there the last two days, she went missing yesterday morning at 9am (August 12th). Looking for her in this area is like looking for a needle in a haystack to say the least!

I am begging of anyone that may see her, please bring her in. I am actually heading to Florida as we speak but will be willing to take the first slight home to get her back in my arms! You can contact me, day or night at 416-854-7391 or you can contact my brother in law Paul at 705-424-5838.

She is good with other pets, we have another one just like her and three cats as well and is my 4 year old and 2 year old sons best friend. I am willing to pay a reward for her return, not being able to find her in the last 36 hours is absolutely killing me. I literally got 15 minutes of sleep and tried to pull whatever strings I could to re-schedule my family trip to stay here and find her.

She is wearing her collar with tags (hopefully it is still on) and will likely be a little reluctant to come to a stranger but will heel with a strong command, she is a softie!

Please, please, please, I beg of all of you, help me bring her home. Not knowing where she is is destroying me inside!

Molly is the dog at the top of the steps in this picture.

Once again, my number is 416-854-7391

Thank you,

Rod
Old August 12th, 2009, 08:33 PM

I forgot the picture, sorry, my head is not exactly in this world right now....
Attached Images

Old August 13th, 2009, 05:31 AM

She is beautiful...I pray for you that Molly makes her back to your family ...don't give up hope
Old August 13th, 2009, 08:56 AM
ZiggyZuzuZoeyRaggzy&Keena

Roddy Rod I can't imagine how awful it must be to have to leave in such trying circumstances.

If someone does find her with the tags on, is there anyone home to answer the number that is on the tags?

I can't imagine she got too far. Is your BIL looking while you are gone?
for a happy ending.

Molly (and the others) are all adorable.

Ginger and Hobo at the Bridge (Valentine's Day 2011) but NEVER forgotten <3...

"‎I have sent you on a journey to a land free from pain, not because
I did not love you, but because I loved you too much to force
you to stay" ♥ ♥

We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness.
It is here on earth and has four legs!

Last edited by diandpat; August 13th, 2009 at 09:08 AM.
Old August 13th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Senior Contributor

Contact the basset hound rescue in Ontario. I am certain that they will keep their eyes and ears open. Should one 'appear' in their rescue without tags or information - this may be something important for them as they will remember you and your request. Google Basset Hound Rescue Ontario.

Also, contact any and all HS, shelters, and pounds around this area. Put up posters in high human traffic areas such a grocery stores, corner stores etc.

I wish you well.
Old August 13th, 2009, 09:32 AM
-

Here is the link for the Basset Hound Rescue Site: http://www.bassetrescue.ca/

I you find your girl soon.
Old August 13th, 2009, 09:56 PM

I really appreaciate all the people on this amazing site taking time to post and read this thread. Unfortunately though, Molly was killed this morning, 5 minutes from my BIL's home. At 6am, she was struck by a consruction truck on Highway 90 and 5th Line, any area I had searched a ton of times.

This is the most gut wrenching experience of my life. I was always over protective of my two dogs,my wife and I were talking about how weird it was not having them there Monday night, it was the first time in over years that neither of them were with us at our house or whereever we were.

I am simply heartbroken, I feel as though I let Molly down. I tried to search every inch of that god forsaken town 10 times over but when she needed me most, I had to leave her behind, knowing I should have stayed until she was found. All I can picture is her being struck and breathing her last breath, I just pray she was not suffering.

The gentleman who hit her contacted my home, where my grandfather was stationed. He then informed my brother in law and he ran over to the site but it was too late, the driver, who was very upset said she came out of nowhere and died upon impact. He had the decency to contact us so I am thankful for that, it allowed for closure at the minimum but in turn has shredded my insides.

I know I am going to be told I did all I could but all I can say to anyone out there is follow your insticts. I knew I didn't want he to go up there for this exact reason, knowing Molly, I knew she would be tough to find if she got out and that this possibility existed.

It is a shame that right now, all I can think about are the times I didn't have time to play with her or she wanted my attention and I was to busy or distracted and how all she ever wanted was to be near my wife and myself. At the time she needed me most, I failed in finding her, failed in being there to hold her after this awful event and failed in not following my gut feeling in allowing her to go to an unfamiliar place.

Once again members, I really appreciate your concern and I know Molly would be thankful as well.

RIP Molly, we all love you unconditionally, even if we didn't always give you the attention you wanted.....
Old August 13th, 2009, 10:04 PM

Roddy Rod...I am very very sorry to hear about Molly's passing

I know exactly how you feel but don't beat yourself up about it. I too think about the times Billie just wanted to cuddle with us and we were too busy :sad: Even though she is still missing, she will be in our hears forever as will Molly be in yours.

Molly
Old August 13th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Senior Contributor

i am so truley sorry for your loss, molly, brenda and the pins
Old August 13th, 2009, 10:42 PM
ZiggyZuzuZoeyRaggzy&Keena

Oh I was so hoping for good news

I am so so sorry for you unbearable loss

Run free at the bridge Molly, whole and young

Ginger and Hobo at the Bridge (Valentine's Day 2011) but NEVER forgotten <3...

"‎I have sent you on a journey to a land free from pain, not because
I did not love you, but because I loved you too much to force
you to stay" ♥ ♥

We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness.
It is here on earth and has four legs!
Old August 13th, 2009, 10:56 PM

I am sitting in a hotel lobby somewhere in Georgia and am crying. Thank you guys, this is hard, especially for someone like me that doesn't show my emotions all that well. This is the hardest thing that I have went through in my life. I feel so helpless, I am numb and I can't believe this has happened.....

It nearly killed me when my two year old son was holding one of her lost posters that was in the car, looked at her picture and started saying "Look Daddy, it's my Molly". For me, it is a shame that my boys will not even remember her later in life. My 4 year old may have faint memories at best but my two year old that adored her will never remember her.

My wife and I actually spoke about how sad it will be in 10 years when the dogs get older and eventually pass, that the boys will be heartbroken, having grown up with them. The night I got Cally for my wife, we found out she was pregnant with our first son. Molly was saved from a PJ's pets by me and a friend that went to the mall to get baseball socks, we went in PJ's to get Cali a new collar, seen Molly, who was over 4 months old, looking so sad but cute in the usual crap filled tanks and just went out on a limb and paid what they were asking and brought her home. I hate PJ's and I think Molly always wanted to be around us because of the fact that she was caged for the first four months of her life.

I am toast, drained yet can't sleep because all I can think of is her.

Old August 14th, 2009, 05:33 AM

I am so sad for you and your family...I know how you feel having lost our little Lolita last January
Molly

Last edited by LYNNNNNNN; August 14th, 2009 at 05:42 AM.
Old August 14th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Senior Contributor

There's nothing worse than losing a family member, but please don;t ever blame yourself. It won't bring her back and it was so out of your control. RIP peace Molly.
RoddyRod you saved her from a pet store and gave her a great home. Remember the great times.
Old August 14th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

RoddyRod....thank you for coming and sharing your heart with us! I found this and thought perhaps it may bring you some comfort! My condolences to you and your family. Your children will completely understand because you will likely be the type of owner who will share all those wonderful memories in the future! Be sure to know that you pup is running around the Rainbow Bridge waiting to meet you some day!

Cindy

Don’t Mourn

Please don't mourn for me I'm still here,
though you don't see I'm right by your
side each night and day
And within your heart I long to stay
My body is gone but I'm always near
I'm everything you feel, see or hear
My spirit is free, but I'll never depart
As long as you keep me alive in your heart
I'll never wander out of your sight
I'm the brightest star on a summer night
I'll never be beyond your reach
I'm the warm moist sand when you're at the beach
I'm the colorful leaves when fall comes around
And the pure white snow that blankets the ground
I'm the beautiful flowers of which you're so fond
The clear cool water in a quiet pond
I'm the first bright blossom you'll see in spring
The first warm raindrop that April will bring
I'm the first ray of light when the sun starts to shine
And you'll see that the face in the moon is mine
When you start thinking there's no one to love you
You can talk to me through the Lord above you
I'll whisper my answer through the leaves on the trees
And you'll feel my presence in the soft summer breeze
I'm the hot salty tears that flow when you weep
And the beautiful dreams that come while you sleep
I'm the smile you see on a baby's face
Just look for me, I'm everyplace...
-Author Unknown
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old August 14th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Senior Contributor

My sincere condolences. I am so very very sorry.

Peace Molly . Run free.
Old August 15th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I am so sorry to hear about Molly . What a wonderful dad you must have made to her. You gave her a great gift by sharing your love and home with her.

Molly

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old August 15th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Slave to the Kitties

Molly