Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 27th, 2010, 07:10 PM

Its been over a year and a half...

and i am finally back on this website!

yikes.

just wanted to say hello and let everyone know (who may remember my previous stints of frustration and agony) that things are going really well with my dog.

cassius (cash-us) is an awesome dog - hes VERY well behaved, very affectionate, playful, loves people, is the star of the local kennel and was so gentle with my new (2 month old) nephew when he first met him i couldnt be any happier with him.

we still have our struggles on walks...he still gets really excited and starts trying to lead me...and he still has spaz attacks...but i just roll with the punches and remember that we have about 23.5 hours of awesome behavior every day and 0.5 hours of doggy spaz time...honestly, i enjoy the spaz sometimes.

i do still use the illusion collar, i do still use "touches" to correct bad behavior and i praise the snot out of him for just being calm...but its worked out wonderfully - so i really cant complain about methods or anything - i guess all dogs are different and have different needs for training.

thanks to everyone who helped me out here, and even those who didnt - you made me try clicker training, haltis, gentle leaders, leash tricks, treats - i read books, and it was a great learning experience.

and i KNOW all the forum old timers LOVED pictures - so here are some for you all. me and cashy-boy hiking which we do every summer at least a handful of times, and some randoms.

i was gone for so long, but im making an effort to drop by regularly now, remembering how lost i was without help and hoping i can help someone else out and return the favors.

-Dan
Attached Images