Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures > Pet free photography

Old January 11th, 2011, 09:57 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Bye bye 27 year old fridge and stove!

Finally!! A brand new fridge and stove and a new floor to go along with them. Since Sat I have been ripping apart my "old" kitchen and putting down the new floor. The fridge and stove were being delivered today as I left to go to work. I LOVE THEM!! I may actually start to cook again.
The first pic the kitties were going after a mouse.

Name:  IMG_0884.JPG
Views: 719
Size:  81.1 KB

New floor. Lots of work but I like it so much better.

Name:  IMG_0891.JPG
Views: 697
Size:  85.2 KB

Yay!!!
Name:  IMG_0892.JPG
Views: 795
Size:  53.4 KB

I'll add a couple more once the whole kitchen is back together.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old January 11th, 2011, 10:04 PM

very nice! That stove looks like the one I have an it works awesome!

As for the mouse
Old January 11th, 2011, 11:03 PM
You can call me DOG!

Geez Louise! It's amazing how happy appliances make us feel!

Nice looking set 14+ and I'll take some more pics when the kitchens back in order, minus the mice

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)
Old January 11th, 2011, 11:15 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmccallum View Post
Geez Louise! It's amazing how happy appliances make us feel!

Nice looking set 14+ and I'll take some more pics when the kitchens back in order, minus the mice
I vanquished the mice. Gently.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old January 11th, 2011, 11:27 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
I vanquished the mice. Gently.
OH NO .....don't tell Chris.

Nice new appliances and new floor as well. We used to have your old flooring where we used to live and I'd even be settled with that over what we have now.
Old January 12th, 2011, 04:10 AM
~Cat Servent~

Nice job mf! Looks great! Love the new fridge! (I so want one of those freezer on the bottom ones!)

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old January 12th, 2011, 07:56 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Oh lucky you!!!! What a great feeling to have brand new around . Soooo are you like DH and I who sit in a room after we have done some work and admire it ?

I thought at first it was one of those toy mousies that have real fur that has been hiding under your fridge or stove for a few years, but I guess you are talking one that actually moves on it's own . Good kitties for doing their mouse patrol

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old January 12th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

Very nice!! The floor looks great, 14+
Very nice looking stove and fridge too!!

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012
Old January 12th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Senior Contributor

WOW. GREAT job on the floor. And I love the fridge and stove.

Hmmmmm has the mouse been living behind the appliences for 27 years?
Old January 12th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mona_b View Post
Hopefully it's not the mouse from the Green Mile...or else poor 14+K is going to be rescuing kitties for centries to come!

14+K - Nice job! Isn't renovating fun?
Old January 12th, 2011, 12:41 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
OH NO .....don't tell Chris.

I didn't kill them. Just blocked up the spot they were coming in. Hopefully that did it.

Nice new appliances and new floor as well. We used to have your old flooring where we used to live and I'd even be settled with that over what we have now.
It was ok but this house is so old and shifts so much the tiles started popping like crazy. Hope this stuff is better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdahmer View Post
Nice job mf! Looks great! Love the new fridge! (I so want one of those freezer on the bottom ones!)
I love the freezer on bottom. No more bending over to find something in the fridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
Oh lucky you!!!! What a great feeling to have brand new around . Soooo are you like DH and I who sit in a room after we have done some work and admire it ?
Yep.

Old January 12th, 2011, 12:47 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
I thought at first it was one of those toy mousies that have real fur that has been hiding under your fridge or stove for a few years, but I guess you are talking one that actually moves on it's own . Good kitties for doing their mouse patrol
Quote:
Originally Posted by mona_b View Post
WOW. GREAT job on the floor. And I love the fridge and stove.

The mouse was a live one. But it was at the opposite end of the kitchen from the fridge and stove. I was actually pretty good at moving the appliances out once a month to clean behind/under them. Even so I think I picked up about 15 toy mice and 7 or 8 springs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
Hopefully it's not the mouse from the Green Mile...or else poor 14+K is going to be rescuing kitties for centries to come!

I wouldn't mind.

14+K - Nice job! Isn't renovating fun?
I had actually gutted the kitchen to the studs when I moved down here. Now of course I am a few years older and have found that being on my knees for two days doing this floor was not so much fun. The kitchen is a bit bigger than 11 x 24 so it wasn't a small job.
Bathroom's next! Hubby is doing most of that job though. I am going to sit back and enjoy. (not)

Old January 12th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Senior Contributor

14+ nice looking kitchen!!

As for that mouse,,,it's not the sharpest pencil in the box is it? Wanders into a house full of kitties?

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old January 13th, 2011, 12:43 PM
-

Looking good 14k .....I much prefer the floor
Old January 13th, 2011, 04:03 PM
150% PRO S/N

Thanks TQ and Chris! I actually love my kitchen now. For an old house it came out not too bad. Still have some stuff to put in the hutch. Like all of the top. But it's getting there. I took the pics sitting on the window seat at the other end of the kitchen so am probably missing about 6 or 7 feet.
Name:  IMG_0899.JPG
Views: 545
Size:  73.9 KB
Name:  IMG_0901.JPG
Views: 531
Size:  82.5 KB

Old January 13th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Senior Contributor

14+ the kitchen looks wonderful. You did a great job on the tile floor. Are you concerned that these tiles may crack or the grout may crack if the house shifts at all? It looks beautiful. Um, I'm glad the mouse got out safely and you've plugged the hole. I've not had mouse issues since we found our entry hole last year now, so hopefully it stays that way. I don't have kitties to show me where they are and the dogs don't care at all. Meant to say that Sammy looks like she seems a mouse under the hutch!
Old January 13th, 2011, 04:42 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Dancer View Post
14+ the kitchen looks wonderful. You did a great job on the tile floor. Are you concerned that these tiles may crack or the grout may crack if the house shifts at all? It looks beautiful. Um, I'm glad the mouse got out safely and you've plugged the hole. I've not had mouse issues since we found our entry hole last year now, so hopefully it stays that way. I don't have kitties to show me where they are and the dogs don't care at all. Meant to say that Sammy looks like she seems a mouse under the hutch!
DD - the flooring is not ceramic tiles. It is actually strips of a heavy vinyl tile called Allure tiling. Aslan had mentioned it in another thread when I said I was looking for a flooring that would last. I talked to my hubby about it and he laughed because he had it up on his computer and had been reading about it. In this house I could never use ceramic. I wish. Maybe if I ever get that new house on the hill. This floor is guaranteed for 25 years. It was not the easiest to get down seeing as the seams have to be so precise but it came out not too bad. It is a floating floor that is glued to each other piece.

Sammy walks that way a lot lately. I think it has something to do with her sore hips.

Old January 13th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Senior Contributor

Well it sure looks like ceramic in the pics! Nice stuff. Poor sweet Sammy We loves us our oldies don't we.
Old January 13th, 2011, 05:44 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

Nice job 14+,,funny that is the color i was thinking when i mentioned the flooring. I found it really easy to put down,,,hmmm next time take me up on my offer. oh and you could put tile down but the underpad you'd have to use costs a fortune..
Old January 13th, 2011, 06:17 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
Nice job 14+,,funny that is the color i was thinking when i mentioned the flooring. I found it really easy to put down,,,hmmm next time take me up on my offer. oh and you could put tile down but the underpad you'd have to use costs a fortune..
Thanks aslan. Would have been tons easier also if the room was actually square. Lots of cutting. But probably the worse was being on my knees for that long. You know the room is a good size. And I am too danged stubborn to let someone else come in and do work I am capable of doing. However, if that "barn raising" thing goes over in the summer I will gladly accept your help. Oh no. You will be in another province by then, won't you?

Old January 13th, 2011, 06:22 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

next time don't be so friggen stubborn and if hubby needs help with the bathroom let me know,,,yeah if all goes well we'll be gone by mid-spring mf. i'll be raising my own barn.
Old January 13th, 2011, 06:31 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
next time don't be so friggen stubborn and if hubby needs help with the bathroom let me know,,,yeah if all goes well we'll be gone by mid-spring mf. i'll be raising my own barn.
Ummm, you ain't seen stubborn till you deal with him!! When he is working on something I steer very very clear of him.

Old January 13th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Nice job 14+ Love the color! and the new appliances are very nice!
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown