Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Cat health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time! > Kitten health

Old October 28th, 2010, 06:17 PM

Alright well he really wants to eat, but is still weary about eating wet and dry. He likes the whiskas cat milk as we are giving him that and also temptation treats. He has had about 14 of them from the morning till i left for work and that was at 3pm.

When i watch him eat, its almost like he can't chew and only has 2 teeth, his fangs, because the treats,food fall back out of his mouth and he has to pick them back up and try chewing on them again, but he moves his head back and forth like someone who is trying to only eat using certain teeth and not others. He can't eat normal like he was. I thought kittens got through teething easily.
Old October 28th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Did your vet get a good look at your kitty's teeth? The adult teeth should push the baby teeth out, so really there should be adult teeth coming in.

If he can't eat kibble, please stop giving him some, he could choke. If he won't eat canned you can crush some kibble and sprinkle it on top of his canned.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old October 30th, 2010, 02:03 PM

Well i think the painkiller helped because he is eating again. I think some teeth finally came in because hes chewing much more normal than before. I think the problem was before he couldn't chew with his back teeth since they weren't in yet or were hurting because he would contort his face and he would try to get the food to one side or the other side of his month and it would fall out. Gave him some whiskas milk and then moved on to some pouch food we were spoon feeding him. Its been 2 days now he is eating, so he is improving.

I thought kittens handle teething better than human babies? Guess not as both vets figured his teeth would be the last reason he wouldn't eat. Ill keep you updated as anything can change, but he has improved.
Old October 30th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Mike: I have had many, many foster litters of kittens who have been on raw diets and able to chew bones with NO problems, it sounds like there is something wrong with the teething of your kitten. There should be adult teeth that push the baby teeth out so there should always be teeth to chew.

Are you able to look inside of his mouth?

Thank you for keeping us updated, I really appreciate it.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old October 30th, 2010, 06:50 PM

The gas could be from all the diet changes...?
Old November 21st, 2014, 04:05 PM

I know this is a very old thread, but my kitten is exhibiting the same symptoms. I've been to the vet and spent hundreds on tests and xrays with no answer. What wasthe outcome for your kitten?
Old November 21st, 2014, 06:31 PM

I know this is very late, but my cat is exhibiting the same symptoms for a week know and we have spent hundreds on tests with no answers. What was the outcome for your cat?
Old November 22nd, 2014, 01:27 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Sorry your kitten isn't feeling well, jallen33. As you say, this is a very old thread--I wonder if you started a new thread that describes what's going on with your cat you might get more responses? Worth a try, anyway!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old July 18th, 2017, 03:40 PM

UGH - why are people so blind to vaccines?

I just read through an entire thread by a woman (or man) complaining how her kitten stopped eating, became lethargic and basically transformed from an energetic, eat like a horse kitten - engaging with her other cats to a recluse, non eating, lethargic kitten - basically not eating and acting extremely different. She mentioned the kitten had his "vaccines" and recently came back from his "booster"? Then this 2 page thread went on of people writing in about types of food to feed and really went on about the teeth?

People - this is the VACCINATIONS. They are extremely hard on a kitten in all levels..they effect their immunity as well as the injections alone can cause multiple issues with their skin and definitely affect them in terms of eating, lethargy, etc, etc.

Wake up and read up on vaccines. Vaccines do NOT and I repeat DO NOT immune and already immune animal. The mother's milk is 99.9% effective on almost all types, shapes and sexes of animals. Vaccines are largely not necessary and extremely harsh on their senstive systems...espectially cats.

Flu like symptoms are the start - not eating and basically changing from an energetic loving playful kitten to a recluse is point on with vaccine side effects. But the worse is that these can seriously under mine your cats health not just n short term but long term. A vet usually will not admit this. The immune system is so fragile..what these vaccines do is force the systems to work over load and then anything..anything can go wrong. It can be pancreatis, cancer, blood issues, stomache issues..their immunity is comprimised so they can have just about any known issue become an issue due to tampering with their immunity.

As far as vaccining the animal - TITER!!!!!!! You can get a result thorugh a blood test on rabies and just about anything.

Did you know that vaccines should never be given under stress or if an animal is not well? Did you know a vaccine should never be administered in groups..and spaced out months - about 4 to 5 months at minimum?

But most do not know that Distemper is a 1x for life vaccine? Did you know that? Most vets I know ask to do both every visit? These vaccines are not helping your animals but making them sick. Very sick.

also, if your cat is inside only..you dont NEED any of these if you take care with good food/water and worm monthly and de flea. Mom's milk should suffice.

Lastly, if you cat or dog is already immune..vaccining again does NOT help at all but does hurt tremendously due to the serious side effects. READ people and do your homework.

If I hear one more person say..but ask your vet.."as if" Vets do not make mistakes? Most vets are not educated in terms of vaccines more than a piece of paper..I googled the founder of the 3 year vaccine and he is already claiming that animals can go alot longer than 3 years with rabies. He states the only reason it hasnt been changes is due to the laws taking so long to change. that means those of you vaccining your animal is putting your animal at repeated risks every time you take him to the vet to be vaccinated again and again. STOP>