Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old July 25th, 2012, 03:32 PM

moving questions

My brother, who has a daschsund (sp?), is moving to a new house soon. The dog is very hyper, and must be monitored closely, or else he pees and poops everywhere. When he brings him to my house, we have on occasion had to confine him to the crate that my brother brings him in when he has an "accident". We know he does this for attention, and we take him out when he has to go, but we can't watch him all the time.

My question is, what can he do to transition the dog to the move? He (the dog) has his own favorite blanket, as well as a spot under the diining room table. Is there anything we can do to help him get accustomed to his new home and the move?
Old July 25th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by smg680 View Post
My brother, who has a daschsund (sp?), is moving to a new house soon. The dog is very hyper, and must be monitored closely, or else he pees and poops everywhere. When he brings him to my house, we have on occasion had to confine him to the crate that my brother brings him in when he has an "accident". We know he does this for attention, and we take him out when he has to go, but we can't watch him all the time.

My question is, what can he do to transition the dog to the move? He (the dog) has his own favorite blanket, as well as a spot under the diining room table. Is there anything we can do to help him get accustomed to his new home and the move?
I really doubt the dog is peeing for the floor for attention. Have you taken your dog to the vet to see if it has any health issues , how old is the dog?
Old July 25th, 2012, 07:09 PM

Spike does this for attention, and when he's mad. He is going to be 6 on Halloween. I really don't think the vet should be involved.
Old July 25th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by smg680 View Post
Spike does this for attention, and when he's mad. He is going to be 6 on Halloween. I really don't think the vet should be involved.
If it was my dog peeing all over the house I would want to made sure my dog has no health issues ,like an urine infection or some thing of grown pressing on his bladder