Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Cat health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old March 30th, 2010, 11:38 PM

Question Using Revolution & Allwormer at same time?

Hello,
I've decided to put my cat on Revolution (compared to some other flea treatments it statistically speaking seems to be the most safe/least toxic from the various references/studies pages of info I've found online and read).

According to this page (which is quite informative and useful if you want to know anything about Revolution) says that Revolution treats heartworm, roundworm and hookworm but it doesn't treat tapeworm so I still need to treat my cat for tapeworm.

I am having a hard time finding tapeworm only paste for cats (I'm in Australia) and I prefer paste because I'm really not good at all in giving tablets and with the paste I just put a little bit on the paw so she has to lick it off and keep repeating that until I've given the right dose.

I don't know if I can use an Allwormer paste that will treat for worms that the Revolution also treats for.

Has anyone here used both or uses both on your cat/s?

Thanks
Damian.
Old March 31st, 2010, 08:32 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Welcome to the board, Damian!

Is there a vet you can call and ask? If not, is there a manufacturer's customer service phone number listed for the products you want to use?

If I couldn't get in touch with a vet, I'd call both manufacturers and pose the question. If you can get a list of ingredients before you call, they may be able to give you a better idea of how safe the two products are when used together.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old April 3rd, 2010, 03:42 AM

Thanks for the welcome and reply Hazelrunpack.

I emailed an online store who have a vet consultant and they said:

"I have checked with our Vet who has advised that it is safe to use the Revolution in conjunction with the Felex paste.emailed both the manufacturer

I also emailed the manufacturer and they said Revolution and allwormer paste could be used at the same time.

So I'm glad now I can use Revolution on my cat because she is getting elderly and I wouldn't want to use most of the other flea treatments but I still want to ensure fleas aren't causing problems for her health and quality of life.

Thanks again
Damian.
Old April 3rd, 2010, 09:27 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Excellent! I'm glad they got back to you so quick!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."