Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old July 1st, 2009, 11:42 PM
Slave to the Kitties

Goodbye and goodluck

I want to say bye to the people that are on here who have been nice to me, but it seems that my cats since alot of them are in outside houses or run arent as good as the majority on here, so i have deleted all the pics that i can so nobody has to look at them anymore. 14+ good luck with your caturary , i hope you tame your new furbaby. Thanks again to the people who have helped me on this site. Goodbye.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 06:49 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Edwina I dont know what happened but wanted you to know I enjoyed all of your pics you posted! as I am sure many others did too! You are an amazing person to save the kitties the way you do! Also it gave me some ideas on how to build them!!

I have been a member for a little while and have seen quite a few people leave but just wanted to say you can ignore those that are upsetting you and just chat with those on here who like to do that with you! its hard sometimes but everyone here is from diffeent backgrounds, ctiies, customs, countries you name it and we all differ in opinion! it takes some getting used too! we also have some nasty trolls and spammers and that also makes it tough!

Cheers

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old July 2nd, 2009, 07:09 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Edwina - Please reconsider leaving. This time of the year is a bit rough with quite a few of the regulars on holidays and such. I sincerely hope that our regulars do not feel that just because some of your cats are outside that they are less pets than those in the house. I know you do what you can to feed the strays in your area and to fix those you can. For that you deserve a huge and a !
I wasn't signed in when you posted your new house yesterday but I did get a chance to see it before you deleted it. Oggie looked very happy in it. I am sure you do your best to help as many as you can.
Come back and get to know some of us more. Maybe you can get ideas for making a larger run/kennel that can be joined together so kitties can have company. It works well for me.
And thanks for the good wishes. The newest guy in the garage is coming around slowly. The big black one in the catuary - not so much.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old July 2nd, 2009, 07:20 AM
Senior Contributor

Edwina, people do what they can. You're situation may not be the same as someone elses, but that doesn't make your cats that you have outside any less a loved pet than ones that are inside. You've taken the time to make safe little enclosures for yours, and you are helping as many as you can.

I hope you reconsider.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old July 2nd, 2009, 07:43 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

What happened?

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old July 2nd, 2009, 07:45 AM
Senior Contributor

Edwina,I don't know what happened,or what was said to make you feel this way,but of course staying or not is your choice:sad:
Anyone,rescuing and caring for stray,unwanted cats is an in my book and all cats are beautiful,whether they are a roughed up Tom or a pure-bred.
There is no such thing as a cat not measuring up..
I wish I was younger,had the space to do what you,14+ and several others do,it would be a life-time commitment
I know some cats will never be lap-cats,will live outside,but what you are doing,keeping them healthy and well fed,is a life-line to them and I for one am very greatful there are people like you.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 07:57 AM
Slave to the Kitties

The problem was that i had posted pics of Oggies house and him, and 28 people had looked at it and nobody commented on it. So i figured most everyone disapproved of what i did. I also put up pics of my cats in another section of this thread, and only a few commented on those, so i figured if you didnt have about 1000 posts nobody wanted to talk about your pets. So i took the pics down that i could. :sad:
Old July 2nd, 2009, 08:04 AM
Senior Contributor

Edwina - we all post at times and may not be commented on. That's ok. If you post (or for me anyways), I do it for myself and not for others. Don't take offence if no one comments - they were obviously reading so that should be good enough.

Don't leave because of the lack of attention your thread got. It happens to even the 'in' crowd.

Girl - post your pictures and post your threads with pride!!!! And trust me - if someone here disapproved - you would have heard about it in your thread or by PM. I really hope you reconsider and take things in stride. It's all good.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 08:58 AM

I tend to look but not comment, not because i disapprove, but because usually I'm just saying what someone else has already said. I figure the original poster probably doesn't bother reading too many identical posts.
Sunshine~ Golden retriever X white german sheperd (Dad's dog)~October 24, 2008-
Old July 2nd, 2009, 09:05 AM
An Honest Contributor
Fishing the Sea Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, KickUps Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Aski Champion, Ping Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
I sincerely hope that our regulars do not feel that just because some of your cats are outside that they are less pets than those in the house. I know you do what you can to feed the strays in your area and to fix those you can. For that you deserve a huge and a
Ditto. Validate yourself and be proud of what your doing ... which is making a difference to the ones' who might otherwise starve :sad: I can't imagine it being easy having to feed so many out of pocket
Old July 2nd, 2009, 09:38 AM
Garden nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwina View Post
The problem was that i had posted pics of Oggies house and him, and 28 people had looked at it and nobody commented on it. So i figured most everyone disapproved of what i did. I also put up pics of my cats in another section of this thread, and only a few commented on those, so i figured if you didnt have about 1000 posts nobody wanted to talk about your pets. So i took the pics down that i could. :sad:
Hmmmm, someone's got low self esteem!

So you are saying you feel you are not valued because not very many people looked at your pictures and you didn't receive as many comments as you wished?

I don't know what's going on in that head of yours but your value as a person and any work you do with animals with the best of intentions has absolutely nothing to do with how "popular" you think you may be on an internet forum.

I'm not "popular" and far from it actually. I probably talk too much or say the wrong thing. And I definitely don't participate in a lot of threads, especially the sad ones because I'm waaaaay too sensitive and if I did that every day I'd be bawling constantly and would be useless. But then again I don't really care whether I'm beloved or not by strangers on the internet. I post pics and hardly anyone makes comments, but I'm not phased by it.

Buck up and start loving yourself first and foremost. Stop looking for acceptance from others. It's gotta originate from within YOU.

Sandy Belle Sheeba - born 11/14/07 at 12:30 pm Linx Jasper
Old July 2nd, 2009, 09:38 AM
Formerly known as Grover4

Quote:
I have posted threads of pictures and whatever on here before and had very few people ever make a comment on it. I know how you feel and whether people are doing it on purpose or not, sometimes it does suck. I also know however that I will sometimes come in here and look around at the pics and stuff but not always comment because I don't really feel like I am "part of the gang". The people here are really nice though and I am sure they aren't trying to insult you on purpose. Give them a chance, they are really great knowledgeable people!!
Old July 2nd, 2009, 09:53 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Don't think like that. I know I somethings just don't see many posts the day they are posted and wind up finding them days later. As for the views, I know sometimes I've posted stuff and have like 50 or 100 views and only a handful of comments. Sometimes people just lurk, or they mean to comment or get busy and forget. It's especially true for those of us who are surfing while at work.

Please don't think nobody here doesn't care about you or your cats.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old July 2nd, 2009, 10:06 AM
Senior Contributor

I have to tell you, due to this thread, I am aware that comments are important. I am guilty of not responding to all as I find myself drawn to people asking for training or rescue questions. I lurk or skim through others and it is rare that I comment on pictures of people's beloved companions and I realize how important this is.

Edwina - I sincerely apologize for not acknowleding your pictures. Of course people here love their pets and want to show them off like their very own children. I for one will pay more attention to this in the future.

I have to say that people like 14+, Chico, L4H, AncientGirl, Cieptra and so many others post pictures and it is so rare I comment. It's a given that I look, smile and appreciate. I hope everyone knows that.

Thanks for making us aware of the importance. At the same time - don't get offended as I am certain it is not intentional. Ok??
Old July 2nd, 2009, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I tend to look but not comment, not because i disapprove, but because usually I'm just saying what someone else has already said. I figure the original poster probably doesn't bother reading too many identical posts.
Same here! Also, I'm not very (see, I can't even think of how to word what I'm trying to say)......and what I come up with sounds lame, so I don't bother to post. But that doesn't mean that I'm not interested!
Old July 2nd, 2009, 10:21 AM
Slave to the Kitties

Thanks guys.

I put oggies pics back up in the photo section.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 10:25 AM
-

Quote:
Thanks guys.

Way to Go
Old July 2nd, 2009, 10:26 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Thanks guys.

I saw Oggie and he is a gorgeous boy!!! That cat condo is absolutely A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
Old July 2nd, 2009, 12:19 PM

Please don't leave over that. I have been here since 2006 and have only posted 301 times. I do log on quite a bit because I like to read everybody's stories, look at pics and to learn also. I am usually a quiet person and like to listen or read what other people have to say. I have learned alot on this site and I hardly ever comment on people's pics but that doesn't mean I don't like them because I do love them.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 12:50 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

Edwina, something the others may not have mentioned. It could be people online as guests that hadn't commented. They aren't members so they can't. As someone else did mention, most of us regulars are away a little more at this time of year, please don't take it personal.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 02:41 PM
Senior Contributor

What happens is if the "regulars" aren't around sometimes it takes a while for posting to a thread to happen. Most nonregulars look but don't post. I find on weekends it's slower and here in Canada yesterday was a holiday for us so many people opted to take other days off this week as well.

Put it this way. If people had DISapproved they probably would have posted that. LOL Many of us look but are too lazy to post. I guarantee once the "regulars" looked at your thread they would have started to post.

Dracko (GSD) male - 2000 - 31/02/2011 RIP my boy
Mochie (Balinese X/feline) female - 1994 - 07/01/2010 RIP my sweetie
Ginkgo (Siamese X/feline) female - 6 years
Smitty (long-haired white/feline) male - 5 years
Teiya (Ragdoll x/feline) female - 3 years
Kinsey (Ragdoll x/feline) female - 3 years

DON’T BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER PETS DIE!
Old July 2nd, 2009, 03:18 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Mmm, lesson learned. From now on I am not going to take it for granted that people know I have looked and liked their pics. Even if it is something that has been said before it's worth saying again. We all like to hear nice things about our furries. Thanks for that Edwina. I think you opened some eyes today.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old July 2nd, 2009, 03:35 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh edwina, i am soooo sorry you feel this way.

I am very guilty, especially lately, of just reading threads and not commenting at all I just am soooo busy these days as Im sure many of our members are. Heck half the time I forget to go back to my *own* threads!!

I was hoping you didnt actually think your cat 'didnt measure up' when I saw the empty thread and reason for deletion. I thought ..no way!!!! No one would think that bout their kitties..so i thought maybe something was lost in translation and maybe u had difficulty resizing Honestly it was unfathomable to me that you, who obviously care so much and take such good care of your kitties would think that...

I hope you do decide to stay

"No, Bunduk, Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!"
Old July 2nd, 2009, 03:49 PM
Senior Contributor

Well,it seems we cleared all that up
I LOVE looking at pics and I really try to comment on every post,I did not see the pics of Oggie,I think,but I'll look at in a minute.
Edwina,it's people like you,14+,Frenchy and all the other rescuers and fostermoms,that keeps me here and of course our regular folks who just love animals,like me.
This is a great Forum to belong to,where people understand,something you don't always find with the"it's only a cat/dog"people,people here understand how deeply we love our animals and cry with us if something sad happens.
It's nice to know you have support in what some people think is crazy and you certainly will always get that here
Old July 2nd, 2009, 04:25 PM
Slave to the Kitties

Old July 2nd, 2009, 08:11 PM
You can call me DOG!

Edwina:

's and you really do need to stick around for a bit.

I like to read a lot of the stories and don't post to all the threads.

Sometimes, there's just so much to take in and read. Most of the the stories, concerns and pictures on this forum are already worth a thousand words!

I sincerely hope you re-consider and keep everyone company.

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)
Old July 3rd, 2009, 12:34 AM
Senior Contributor

i'm defently guilty of not posting in every thread. i do try i've just too been so busy that a lot of times i'll glance quick cause my time on here is so short and there is so much to read. plus like some others i don't really know what to say or how to say it. all and all i can be really shy so i just usually hide in the back ground. so stick around its a great place.

Cats leave pawprints on our hearts forever

Eclipse July 23th 2004
Serena July 23th 2004
Stormy April 20 2007
Zoey RIP March 2006-April 2 2007
Old July 3rd, 2009, 05:31 AM

A hug for you Edwina hope you are feeling better about things now
'God turns clouds inside out to make fluffy beds for the dogs in dogs heaven,and when they are tired from running around and barking, the dogs find a cloud bed for sleeping, god watches over each one of them and there are no bad dreams'.
Old July 3rd, 2009, 07:34 AM
An Honest Contributor
Fishing the Sea Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, KickUps Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Aski Champion, Ping Champion

Edwina, glad things were cleared up and your staying . The cat house you built with your dad is amazing! I wonder is there any non-profit organization that you could contact to see if they'd be willing to put word in for lower vet costs and/or get ideas on fundraising etc where you might then be able to S/N one at a time

Last edited by Golden Girls; July 7th, 2009 at 07:29 AM.
Old July 3rd, 2009, 08:00 AM
Slave to the Kitties

Quote:
I wonder is there any non-profit organization that you could contact to see if they'd be willing to put word in for lower vet costs and/or get ideas on fundraising etc where you might then be able to S/N one at a time.
There is a Non profit here called PA PETS > http://www.papets.org/ It covers my county thank god. It goes by your wage every year, and is pretty cheap. They have several doctors on the list and mine even waves the rabies and eclipse 4 shots fee. My problems are i dont have a trap to trap all the strays ( not sure i could because i live in the country, i may catch something i dont want ), and the biggest problem is that you have to fill out a paper with this organization, then they will contact you, then you make a appointment with the vet, and it has to be done with in a certain time period. My problem is catching the wild cats and then being able to get them there in that time period. :sad: So i try to demesticate them and give them away or keep them. I think i have a big sign out in front of my house that says come to edwina's house, she feeds all cats, she is a big sucker.