Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum

Old March 7th, 2007, 03:13 PM

British

Hello all, am I the only Brit on this forum? not that it makes any difference I am just curious
Old March 7th, 2007, 03:32 PM

No there are a couple. I know there are some because they always ask about foods I know nothing about.
Old March 7th, 2007, 05:50 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I remember someone signing on from Wales...and another from Kent... And if you want to include the whole region, there is at least one person from Ireland

but hazel is pretty senile and can't remember the names that went along with the locations...sorry

Maybe they'll sign on later and see your post...I'll bump it to the top again.
Old March 7th, 2007, 06:02 PM

what's the weather like in Canada today then? and thanks for the replies
Old March 7th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Senior Contributor

I think it varies from +10 and rain or sun in some places to -10 or colder and snow in others
Old March 7th, 2007, 06:57 PM

Minus 30 celius with the wind chill in Nova Scotia today
Old March 7th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Learning fast

You are not alone

West end boy myself for 30+ years, moved to Canada because all the other Brits already brought up the nice places in Spain all that was left was Torrevieja.
Seriously I had a choice of Italy and Toronto, enything but staying in London. I could converse in Italian but Canada had 3 things Italy didn't, a Job, less red tape and less of a language barrier (to be honset my patients don't talk). No plans of returning though
Old March 8th, 2007, 03:20 AM

Our Journey

Hello West End Boy, it seems you made the right decision leaving the UK at the moment there's a mass exodus from the Uk its gone dreadfull, We have only lived here in Spain 6 months and already we know we have made the right decision despite leaving our eldest son at home. We are not as brave as you we are only 2 1/2 hours away from the uk mainly because of our son, the flights are cheap to Malaga even in summer so our son can come over pretty often which is grate for us all. The way of life in Spain is far more relaxed than uk our children go to Spanish Schools and are settling in really well both made lots of new friends some English, spanish and American, we have been surprised there are quite a few American family's and Canadian's here as well which is good as its like a multi cultural society, and everyone gets along really well, even our little man Kuda has settled in really well. I must admit it was the worst day of my life leaving the UK mainly worrying about Kuda on the plane, we dropped him off at the cargo hold at Manchester Airport, when we arrived there were lots of animals being flown all over the world in far away places, so Spain did'nt seem to far after all anyway we said our tearfull good buy's to our little man.As we boarded the plane i looked out of the window and there he was Kuda sat on the tarmack in his crate ready to board the aircraft, well I cried my eyes out for 2 1/2 hours with worrying about him, he can be nervous when he isnt with me, the story is he was attacked by our neibours dog which left him with a punctured lung, our vet operated on him asap to save his life, he left the vetinery hospital 3 day's later with a chest drain insitu he was in a terrible state, so ever since the attack you can imagine what sycological effects it has had on him (bless him)so i was like i said sick with worry. When we landed at Malaga airport our first priority was to get to the cargo hold and pick him up when we arrived there he was wagging his tail in his crate looking fine in fact he travelled better than me, our vet gave us an excellent calmer to give him before we put him in his crate. I cant tell you how relieved we all were when the Spanish authorities handed kuda and his passport back to us not to mention the crate, its funny he still goes and lies in his crate so it just show's he musnt of been frightened of it just the opposite really he loves it. I have photo's of his injury's but at the moment i am having problems resizing the photo's to post on the forum I will keep trying I hope i havent waffled on to much and bored you all to death
Old March 9th, 2007, 04:23 PM
owned by Tucker

Welcome to the forum. I was born in Barking Essex England but moved to Canada when I was two. I have returned many many times but since my Nan passed away 3 years ago I don't have the heart to return. I still have all my aunts, uncles and cousins there and I keep in touch with them, some also visit now and then. Its funny I was watching a show this week and it was talking about the Brits moving to Spain, must be the sunnier weather. Nice to meet you.
Old March 10th, 2007, 02:31 AM

Hello Doggy Lover, nice to meet you to. I think the reason why alot of brits are moving to Spain is like you say the weather, investments for their childrens future's i could go on and on. For us it's a better way of life No stress everything is so laid back here unlike home,its alot cheaper to live here no bullying in school's no big gangs hanging around street corners it truly is a lovely place. I have some friends from my school day's who to emigrated to vancouver, many years ago 3 sisters infact they are still there they say they would never go back to the UK dont even visit family it just show's you how people prefer living away from the UK
Old March 10th, 2007, 09:15 AM
Senior Contributor

Welcome to pets.ca, Arroyo. It's funny that your friends would move to Vancouver, weatherwise it's very similar to the UK, rainy.

Meowy Meowers - Angus n' Finn - 5 yrs old
Barky Barker - Skylar - 4 yrs old??
Old March 10th, 2007, 02:52 PM

i know lot's of people who have emigrated to canada regardless of the weather
Old March 10th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Senior Contributor

arroyo,we did,but from Sweden many years ago
Old March 10th, 2007, 06:35 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by arroyo View Post
they say they would never go back to the UK dont even visit family it just show's you how people prefer living away from the UK
I didn't know it was that bad , welcome to pets.ca. Living in Spain must be Can't wait to see a picture of Kuda.
Old March 11th, 2007, 02:46 AM

there is a picture of Kuda on the thread named New Kid On The Block