Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Old May 28th, 2006, 01:00 PM
Senior Contributor

Dumb Owners

Yesterday my husband and I were driving home on a busy street and something caught my eye. Something little and white. I made him stop and turn around. Sure enough some dummy had left their jack cross terrier loose. We got it into the car and brought it home. Then we brought her to the shelter because again dumb owners had no ID on her.(I named her Peaches) Anyway she is safe now and if the idiot owners don't claim her she comes back to me. I want to get her for my father who needs a small companion.
Check her out here...

http://www.gsshelter.ca/meetdogs.html

I may be biased but IMHO she is a cutie.......
Old May 28th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Senior Contributor

Smile

good for you!!!! some people do not have a clue, i would be going crazy!!! sometimes my 4 hide under my back deck, i look and see no one ready to call 911 then i see all 4 faces what a relife and my yard is all closed in, i do agree some people are just plained dumb.
Old May 28th, 2006, 09:51 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

On Friday on my way back from Sudbury, there was a car parked on the side of the highway! Naturally I slow down hoping to see a moose or dear grazing in the field and catch a picture of it( dont leave home without digital camera LOL) Nope!!! It was a German Sheppard it came barreling outta the ditch as i stopped and ran straight on to hwy 17!!!!! The people who had stopped before me said it wasnt their dog but wanted to pick it up so it wouldnt get hurt! After stopping traffic and guiding them through slowly ( thankfully everyone co operated) the strangers had succeeded in catching the dog! They were taking it into the humane society. They had already called them and told them of the dog and there was a truck on its way to help! ( 45 minute drive though)
I agree some ppl are so dumb!!! I wouldnt ever allow my dogs to run near highways! The saddest part was that there is NO houses around that area at all! Prolly a drop off!
Some ppl!!!!! I stand firm that " stupid people shouldnt be allowed to breed"
Old May 29th, 2006, 12:07 AM

Which one is she? I can't tell from the pics...
Old May 29th, 2006, 06:49 AM
Senior Contributor

Prin,maybe it's the little Chi X
Old May 29th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Senior Contributor

The owners picked her up. Darn she was so cute. So her picture is no longer up there. But I did manage to get a cute picture of her rocking my couch. She was after Piper my cat. Poor Piper was wondering...What the hell is that thing? I have had him for 3 years and it was the first time I ever saw him hiss.
Old May 29th, 2006, 09:26 AM

We live in a fairly new subdivision so we don't know all the neighbours around us too much. One of them who lives across the street from us has a large german sheppard mix who lives in the garage. He doesn't walk the dog, he opens the door and lets him run around the neighbourhood. The dog always returns and doesn't poop on other people's yards but it must be frightening if you were out in your yard or walking around to see a large dog sprinting around. Not to mention the traffic hazard, just this morning as we were leaving for work he darted out from behind a parked car and we had to slam on the brakes.

Sighhhh....
Old May 30th, 2006, 12:53 AM
-

While I absolutely agree that there are PLENTY of eejits out there who shouldn't have the responsibility of caring for an animal - dawgs can accidentally get loose and I try not to always assume that their person has been irresponsible. For instance, one day I came across two Irish Wolfounds wandering on a very busy road. After all was said and done it turned out that the dawgs had panicked during a terrible thunderstorm and crashed through a glass patio door while visiting friends with their people and naturally, in a foreign neighbourhood, became lost. Apparently storms had never had that effect on them in the past so their people had thought nothing of leaving them in the lving room while they were in bed upstairs. When my last dawg was not even a year old and the was in her she darted past someone leaving the house and was gone for a three day "adventure" in the country. Everyday I got several calls "Oh yes, she was here for a drink and a bite to eat but ran off when we tried to nab her...". One of my current dawgies was stolen from a very well-protected environment, then dropped off miles and miles away the next night. As I said there are many irresponsible people out there and some cruel ones too, but, sometimes - dawgies get loose, despite the best efforts of their people.
Old June 2nd, 2006, 12:51 PM
Senior Contributor

What bothers me is that I read on the link, surrendered by owner constantly.

I think I am gonna go and set up shop outside a rescue, shelter, spca humane society whatever. I will greet everyone who walks in with a dog witha smile and when they walk out will heckle them. Someone needs to make them feel embarassed and guilty for making bad choices and getting a dog and then later surrendering it. Im tired of these people and understand the shelter workers don't get to say anything so I would love too. I would love to give each and everyone one of them a peice of mind and my fist but I don't feel like getting arrested. But let me tell you how just reading those posts brings tears to my eyes.

To all you shelter and rescuers, god only knows I could not do it. Every shelter I come out of sobbing and am depressed for days. I just thank you for holding your tongue and taking in these dogs. God bless you all.
Old June 2nd, 2006, 01:15 PM
Senior Contributor

That "surrendered by owner" really gets me too. :sad: I feel so sad for Cooper when I have to leave him at the goomer's or the vet. And then it's for the shortest time possible.

These poor pups must be so confused. I don't know how the owners sleep at night.
Old June 2nd, 2006, 03:55 PM
Senior Contributor

I agree,they must be some cold-hearted people..
At our HS,I'd say more than half of the animals are dumps,I just hate people sometimes
Old June 3rd, 2006, 09:35 AM

The people who dump at pounds and rescues are still better than the lowlifes who dump at the side of the road.Our neighbours have a shepherd who was dumped last year and there were two dobermans this year.We are in the country close to a main road.