Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Thank you - Heros big and small

Old June 24th, 2009, 07:06 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Thank you Chris!!!

Loved seeing you and Ethel today. Wonderful visit!! You are both welcome back any time. Only thing that would have been better would have been if kr could have joined us. Unfortunately she is still under the weather.
Just wanted to say very very much for the kitty condo, blankets, sheets and chairs!!! You know everything will be well used around here. I did put some of your sheets out for the kitties tonight. You are right. They are cool. The blankets will do great for the colder months.
And the poppy and bonus columbine.... I planted to the right of the gazebo. I think it will do wonderful there!
Thanks again my friend. You are welcome always.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old June 25th, 2009, 10:44 AM
-

Pleasure was all mine Gerri, you made us both feel very welcome.

Surprisingly enough Ethel wasn't bugging me to get going , she was very comfortable in your company.

The Kits have a wonderful set-up and I did get to meet a few, I would gladly have brought Minimo home with me, she is delightful

TT joined me in the bathroom , he is a little angel - I got to hold him L4H

Needless to say I didn't come home empty handed, numerous plants, a mini greenhouse and a frame for an 8' x 4' greenhouse.......So I thank you mf

Reading Chico's thread about her Stray Kitteh, you said that you are going to put windows in the small house......I have two windows that would be perfect.......so when ya' think of coming around these parts, well you know
Old June 25th, 2009, 10:50 AM
-

Yup the age is getting to me ......Thank you so very much for the portrait of Cocoa, the likeness is her to a "T"....Pepe was impressed, he thinks you do very fine work.

I will post a pic of it.....promise
Old June 25th, 2009, 02:46 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Told you TT isn't shy. He is a little dickens.
I noticed you are far away at home when you say you would have taken MiniMo. I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have gotten too far before she would have shown you her evil side. Yes, she has one.
Would love to have an excuse to come see you! The windows will work. I probably won't be ready for them for a while. Hubby is doing the other enclosure first. Then I will have to work on him for the interior of the other one. Or, do it myself.
I'm glad Ethel approved!! I really liked her. She's a good kid! You did a wonderful job raising her mf.
And you are welcome for the stuff. I am glad Mom's little greenshouse went to someone who will use it.
Now I gotta get back to trying to track down the owner of the beautiful dog I grabbed off the road today..........

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!

Last edited by 14+kitties; June 25th, 2009 at 06:00 PM.
Old June 26th, 2009, 12:08 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
I noticed you are far away at home when you say you would have taken MiniMo.

Don't forget I live with Ol' Crusty Pants Does she like dogs

I'm glad Ethel approved!! I really liked her. She's a good kid! You did a wonderful job raising her mf.

She had no choice she's gonna read this and think "ya' right"

Now I gotta get back to trying to track down the owner of the beautiful dog I grabbed off the road today..........
Hope you found the owner.........did you?

btw the Prunella Freelander is gorgeous, sorry to bum it off of you
Old June 26th, 2009, 01:22 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

What the heck is a "Prunella Freelander". Yes, I could have googled it, but my connection sucks right now

Yet another piece of art, 14+? Where do you find the time? I can't wait to see it!!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old June 26th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh me too,love to see your work 14+ and no Chris cannot have Mini-Mo,if I could have another kitty though,I would want Li'l Bit
Hope Dahmer feels better soon and that it is not serious,we miss her.
Old June 26th, 2009, 09:34 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
Hope you found the owner.........did you?

No. :sad: She ended up going to the HS. I her owner called to see if she is there. I drove all over looking for her owners and just didn't find anyone.

btw the Prunella Freelander is gorgeous, sorry to bum it off of you
No problem! I have lots. I think I even have seed from last year. If not I will save some from this year. There is usually tons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
What the heck is a "Prunella Freelander". Yes, I could have googled it, but my connection sucks right now

Name:  100_5284[1].jpg
Views: 300
Size:  72.9 KB

Name:  100_5293[1].jpg
Views: 292
Size:  79.7 KB

Yet another piece of art, 14+? Where do you find the time? I can't wait to see it!!
It was only a small pic. I have requested pics of the hounds. I have never done a hound and am itching to try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
Oh me too,love to see your work 14+ and no Chris cannot have Mini-Mo,if I could have another kitty though,I would want Li'l Bit
Hope Dahmer feels better soon and that it is not serious,we miss her.
chico - you would take as many as you could if you were able to! You know it! Li'l Bit is a sweetie though. So tiny and such a cute little face.
kr is doing better. Meds seem to be working. I am sure she will pop in soon to reassure us. I am missing not seeing her too. :sad:

Old June 26th, 2009, 09:39 PM
150% PRO S/N

Oh Chris! I used the condo! Actually, it's still in use! The new fella' I trapped last week is in it now. I needed a spot to put the doggie yesterday so I could look for her owners. Sammy would have fought with her had she just been on the loose or tied somewhere. So hubby set up the condo and we moved the kitty to it. Doggie went into the crate kitty had been in. I think I will leave kitty in the condo till after he is fixed. His tail is so ratted I want to try to cut out the tats. He is easier to reach in the condo. Hopefully he cooperates. So far I can rub the side of his face and he onl flinches a little. He hates the top of his head being touched though.

Old June 26th, 2009, 10:12 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Oooo... that Prunella Freelander stuff is pretty!

And it sounds like the newbie is coming along pretty well! Letting you touch his face!!! I'm impressed! But I shouldn't be, since you are the Kitty Whisperer, after all!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old June 27th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Senior Contributor

14+,what new kitty are you talking about???
The black one or the 2 in the garage???
Oh,I just remembered,the one that looks like so many of your kitties
Old June 27th, 2009, 08:54 AM

Gerri, just wanted to say thank you for having us at the house on Wednesday. You are doing an amazing thing for those cats. They are in great hands. Good to hear that the condo is working. Thanks again and look forward to the next time. I will try and get some basset pictures up soon.
Old June 27th, 2009, 02:12 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
14+,what new kitty are you talking about???
The black one or the 2 in the garage???
Oh,I just remembered,the one that looks like so many of your kitties
Sorry for confusion chico. Remember the pic I posted last week the day before the black kitty climbed the fence? That kitty. You are right. He does look like my others. I can rub the side of his face for a few seconds and he doesn't do anything. Hates the top of his head touched. I think because he can't see my hand so he doesn't know what is going on. I think he could turn out to be a sweet kitty once he is fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara1585 View Post
Gerri, just wanted to say thank you for having us at the house on Wednesday. You are doing an amazing thing for those cats. They are in great hands. Good to hear that the condo is working. Thanks again and look forward to the next time. I will try and get some basset pictures up soon.
Sara - any time hon. Thank you for coming!! You are a wonderful gal! Your mom is very proud of you. (But don't tell her I told you that. She will deny it.) And thank you for the comments. I do the best I can. The condo is working very well. I still want to try to put a hammock up in it but I don't think the kitty that is in it now will use it anyway.
The basset pics would be wonderful!! I can't wait to see if I can capture the Bassett look.

Old June 29th, 2009, 11:35 AM
-

Glad to see that the condo is useful for you 14k

Questions: The Prunella Freelander - should I deadhead it.....you did say it will bloom most of the summer...right

The two little pots of plants you gave me, I fergits what they are
Old June 29th, 2009, 01:59 PM
150% PRO S/N

I don't deadhead mine Chris. Just let it go. But then I collect the seed. If you don't want to do that you could deadhead.
Umm, have to remember. I gave you some lemon balm in a small pot. There were also a couple of coral bells. Is that the one? The bigger pots were Lady's Mantle and Blanket Flower. I think that's it.
Too bad it wasn't this week you were coming. My stepson brought me home 47 orchids yesterday. The greenhouse he works for was throwing them out. I'm hoping I can bring them back. Some still look really good. I set up an area for them in the small greenhouse with blankets to diffuse the light.

Last edited by 14+kitties; June 29th, 2009 at 03:39 PM.
Old June 29th, 2009, 04:33 PM
~Cat Servent~

Dahmer has had her 'three' (sick, then threw my back out and then tripped myself in the hallway) and although bummed about missing the get together, is feeling much better, bruised and embarassed but better!

Glad you guys had fun! And 14 knows minimo is already spoken for!!! I brought temptations my last visit and she looooooved me... followed me around and everything!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old June 30th, 2009, 10:24 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
I don't deadhead mine Chris. Just let it go. But then I collect the seed. If you don't want to do that you could deadhead.

If I don't deadhead, will they continue flowering
There were also a couple of coral bells. Is that the one?

Yep

Too bad it wasn't this week you were coming. My stepson brought me home 47 orchids yesterday. The greenhouse he works for was throwing them out. I'm hoping I can bring them back. Some still look really good. I set up an area for them in the small greenhouse with blankets to diffuse the light.
S'ok, you make them pretty for me first

Sorry you couldn't make it krdahmer, but glad to hear you are feeling better
Old June 30th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Senior Contributor

Dahmer,glad to see you are feeling better
I LOVE Orchids,but never had the nerve to buy one,they look so delicate.
But if anyone can save them.it will be you 14+
Old September 20th, 2009, 06:30 AM

This is such a lovely thread. I really enjoyed reading it. I hope it goes on and on. Friends are such a treasure!