Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Breed characteristics and traits

Old April 4th, 2004, 07:54 AM

Remember me with the pregnant cat well she had them yesterday

Well she had 3 beuties and there staying with us for 8 weekd before going to my relitives
robyn
Old April 4th, 2004, 08:47 AM
Senior Contributor

Oh well,good luck to your three kitties!!!!
and to your mama cat,she'll more than likely get pregnant again,maybe even the first time she goes out again
Nothing anyone here can say will convince you to do right by your cat,we give advice and opinions,which you asked for,if you don't like it that's too bad.We have the animals wellfare in mind..
Also judging by your writing,how old are you? 5? Meow!!!!
Old April 4th, 2004, 10:01 AM
Senior Contributor

Internet Trolls

If you don't feed them, they go away.
Old April 4th, 2004, 10:40 AM

LuckyRecue
In your comment if you dont feed them they go away.
how do you know this?have you tried. oh dear how much of a bad owner are you.
Oh and im not 5 actully im 14
Old April 4th, 2004, 10:49 AM
Senior Contributor

Lucky,I am bit slow,but I finally got it
No more feeding!!!!
Old April 4th, 2004, 10:53 AM

Excellent article L.R.! Thanks for sharing. Must be the same kind of people who create viruses.
Old April 4th, 2004, 12:50 PM

HI

IVE REPORTED YOU FOR INTERNET ABBUSE LUCKYRESCUE, THE MASTER OF THIS WEBSITE HAS EMAILED ME APOLOGISING AND LETTING ME KNOW YOU SHALL BE NOTIFIED WITH A WARNING!
Old April 4th, 2004, 01:22 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

I NOTICE YOU TYPED IN ALL CAPS...ARE YOU ANGRY ABOUT SOMETHING?? ARE YOU HAVING A BAD DAY?
Old April 4th, 2004, 02:49 PM

Oh No! Not a warning!!!!!!hahaaha
You sure your not 5 sonny?
Oops sorry L.R. I know I'm feeding him!! I'm slapping my hands right now. O.K. now!! (Ow!)
Old April 4th, 2004, 04:17 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
You might be a recue thing but oh well most cats have a good life and dont live life thi8nking what if.
I'm not going to say anything more than "NOT"

I hope you know that most animals have gone through shelters at least once in their lives. Do you think the world benifits from people letting their pets have more babies when there are thousands of dogs and cats being put down already by shelters because there is not enough room in the world and nobody wants them?
Old April 4th, 2004, 07:13 PM
owned by Tucker

Sugarstarbob

I understand that you are mad at what the people are saying, but you are 14 and I understand that you love animals. What you have to understand is that most of us are much older than you and have had pets for many years, we know what happens to pets when people don't want them. I am glad that you have found homes for the kittens but if you keep letting momma have kittens you will run out of homes sooner or later. We believe in having our animals fixed because the animal shelters are over run with unwanted dogs and cats. We don't like to think what will happen to these animals if no one wants them, so our hearts are in the right place. If one cat goes without having kittens that family member that you gave one too might of gotten one from a shelter and saved its life.Just stop and think about what we are saying with your heart and not your mind. Your too young to be so angry, smile
Old April 4th, 2004, 07:26 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
how much of a bad owner are you
I'd like to know, owner of what? Dog, cat, computer?

And I understand your frustration, but what doggy lover wrote is true.
Old April 4th, 2004, 07:48 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

I don't think there is any point in continuing this thread...so I'm out of it!
Old April 4th, 2004, 08:01 PM
owned by Tucker

Hey guys not a Troll just young. Give someone a chance, try explaining to your children rather than ignoring them and putting them down.I have a 14 year old and a 16 year old so I understand where sugarstarbob is coming from.
Old April 4th, 2004, 08:12 PM

Uh doggy lover he's erased a lot of his previous post.
And I've taught my kids, give attitude your gonna get attitude! Sorry!
Old April 4th, 2004, 09:03 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
try explaining to your children rather than ignoring them and putting them down
umm...already did all that. Didn't work.
Old April 4th, 2004, 11:06 PM
Senior Contributor

If I ever caught my 16 yr. old showing this much disrespect to anyone, online or off, we would have problems. But then, my 6 year old knows more about animal care then this person. And if Sugarstarbob is so upset by the advice she has gotten here, maybe she ought to go talk to those people that told her how wonderful it is to keep breeding your cat.

Since you love animals so much, why don't you do some volunteer work at your local shelter. Most of us on this forum have. Gosh, I even got to hold the kittens when they were put to sleep because there weren't enough homes.
Old April 5th, 2004, 08:46 AM
Senior Contributor

The problem is we do try and help and advise the younger ones on here when they ask for help in regards to their pets.BUT,like some adults,they don't like what they hear.THEY are the ones who start on us.

My 17 year old daughter would NERVER talk to people they way some of them talk to us on here.And even some adults.

I don't put my daughter down,or even ignore her.I guess that's why we have that special Mother/Daughter bond.Something I never had.

I treat the young ones on here as I would treat my daughter.I try and help and advise them.Like the others on here.If they are going to be rude and ignorent to us,then that's up to their parent/s to correct.Not us.

We listen,they don't.
So because my daughter is not dis respectful to people,then I'm sorry,but I can't say I know where sugarstarbob is coming from.
Old April 5th, 2004, 10:25 AM

I understand all your points,
but i want you all to understand mine, thanks doggy lover you are in many ways correct with your comments wrote on this thread.
I know animals go into shelters and things but if i knew our kittens would not go to good homes we would have kept them or not had a litter but we sorted this before we agreed to breed.
And can you stop treating me like im not part of this adult conversation, stop treating me like i dont understand and listen to me and ill listen to you.
Thanks for all this advice and im sorry of the bad talk and conversations we have had but somethings are correct but i could of said them in a more kinder way,
sorry but thanks too
robyn x x x x
Old April 5th, 2004, 03:07 PM

Robyn, there now, that was totally different and we appreciate you talking like a mature 14 year old instead of a spoiled 5 year old.
But I have to ask why was doggy lover right? Because she excused your behavior? If you want to be treated well then you have to treat others well, and from the sound of your new post, you're learning that, so welcome.
You should maybe volunteer some time at a shelter and realize why some people get so upset. The 3 kittens you've had means that there were 3 homes available for some unwanted kittens in a shelter. Instead most likely they will be put to sleep. Now do you see why people get upset? But its already been done, so now you can fix the momma cat and when you feel like playing with kittens, you can go visit the ones in the shelter. O.K?
Old April 5th, 2004, 06:24 PM
owned by Tucker

I wouldn't say I excused the behaviour but it was already to late, so why not educate on what could be done for next time, so it doesn't happen again. I even know adults that think female dogs and cats should have one litter, personally all my dogs and cats have been fixed at 6 months as I don't want to add to the problem at the shelters. Even pure bred dogs I have had fixed, because breeding is better left to breeders, I use to help a breeder take care of her dogs and puppies so I know what it takes, and I'm not interested, once she lost a whole litter of British Bulldogs it was a sad experience. So like I said educate children on what happens, my children know that any animal we get WILL be fixed.
Old April 5th, 2004, 06:47 PM
owned by Tucker

PS. Oh bye the way my children respect me and others fine thanks, maybe we should talk about raising pets not how we raise our children. Not all kids are raised the same.
Old April 5th, 2004, 07:32 PM

Doggylover , I don't understand why you're getting so huffy over our replies?
You first made it seem like we ignore our children or put them down? Why would you even insinuate that?
But your right, if my children talked to me like that child was talking here I would ignore them. That behavior is unnacceptable in my eyes, maybe not in yours but thats one of the benefits of living in Canada, you have your opinion and I have the right to mine.
I wouldn't let my husband or any other adult talk that way to me and I certainly am not going to listen to a child either.
Did you not notice my post that if she is respectful of us then we will gladly help her?!
Nobody is telling you how to raise your children, if you can tolerate that kind of behaviour then go right ahead, but don't think that anyone else has to.
Old April 5th, 2004, 08:31 PM
owned by Tucker

I'm not huffy, I never said how you should raise your kids, just that some are raised different than our own. As for children on the internet do you know what your kids are doing all the time, and how they are talking to someone. I know I don't because they could be on it when I'm at work. If you have a good relatinship with your children I'm happy for you, I have a great one with mine. As for respect not everyone is brought up the same, lots of adults and children have no respect for others. So getting angry at this teenager and calling them childish and so on is it helping matters or making them worse. If you don't want to talk to them ignore them. But I believe you should give every one a chance.
Old April 5th, 2004, 10:15 PM
Senior Contributor

Doggy-Lover,I don't really want to get involved in this how-to-raise-your kids thingy,but as you might know,a while back when this child wrote for advice,we had no idea she/he was only 14yrs old.
I suspected maybe someone who was having trouble with English,he/she answered very belligerent and did not mince his/her words,hence the replies.
It's only now,we found out she was only 14yrs old,not an excuse,but some 13-14yr olds are very mature like "Spoiled",others are not...
Old April 6th, 2004, 08:18 AM
Senior Contributor

As chico stated,we did not know how old this person was.And we did try to educate him/her.We mentioned that the Mom cat should be spayed.All heck broke loose.

doggy lover,I guess you didn't go far back to read the original post?

We are here to help people/kids when it comes to their pets.And even educate them.But some just don't want to hear it.And then they start to argue and tell us we don't know what we are talking about.If we didn't know what we were talking about,then why is it we are all responding with the same answers?

I have educated my daughter about s/n,byb's,puppy mills,over population of animals and why pets end up in shelters.And how to treat animals.

We give EVERYONE a chance on here.And try to help them as much as we can.

You should have been on here when the guy mis-diagnosed his VERY sick Rottie.He cursed at us when we told him to take the dog to the vet.He said he knew it was Kennel Cough because of what he read on the internet.Well guess what,the dog died when he finally took him to the vet.So tell me,how are we to handle people like that?

As for kids and the internet,YES,I know what my daughter is doing.When we are not home,we have a password on it.And when we are home,we know what she is doing.It is NOT in her room.Computers are a babysitting tool for some parents.And the majority of parents are not watching them when they are on it.

Ever been in a chat room?I have.And I see alot of 12-13-14 year olds in there.With what's been going on lately,I make darn sure I know where and what my daughter is doing.I even have people keeping an eye on her.

It's up to us parents to teach our kids to respect.And to educate them.
I agree with Chany,I too would not tolerate that kind of behaviour.Not even with an adult.And believe me,I see it and deal with it everyday.

Sorry for the long messege.LOL
Old April 6th, 2004, 10:51 AM

Not to keep this going but as a matter of fact I do know what my kids behave like. The computer is closely monitored and I've had a few people comment how polite my children are when we're not around. Not that they're perfect by any means, don't think that!
They know that certain attitudes will not be tolerated. But if they do need to have attitude I back them 150%.
I believe it wouldn't have helped this girl to have that attitude tolerated. She obviously needed to learn its a big world out there.
Ignoring her would have justified,in her mind, that she was right.
Chico gave a perfect example of how some other 14 year olds act.
Spoiled! The name does fool ya!!!
Old April 6th, 2004, 12:49 PM

hi ya

Hello group/crowd.
Ive just read through all messages and ive realised over this arguement on how to raise your kid thing is telling me that you are very strict on your children!I go on here whenever but my mum and dad dont mind only if they can check when they walk past me and when there near and you know check what im up to. im allowed in chat rooms, us teenagers are quite mature these days and i know im very carefull on who i speak to but i do like to have a good time and not have my parents checking every little thing i do.Well anyway hows all and my kittens opened there eyes today, there all so tiny and i got another 7 weeks with them yet!(ohhhh its not long enough, i wish we could keep them but we have lots of pets already so my aunties are having one each, hopefully there liife will better than some (not being out of order to those who dont just saying))
Old April 6th, 2004, 01:11 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Thx for the update

You may want to change your signature now
Old April 6th, 2004, 01:32 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Spoiled. The name does fool you.
Haha, I was going to call myself spoiled brat at first. I was partly refering to my dog, to!